3-Day Pacific Coastal Hollywood Insider Behind the Screen EFX?

SeaCBear

Does anyone have any idea what this cruise is all about? It's a 3-day cruise on the Crown Princess, leaving Seattle on October 16, 2023.

I've contacted Princess to ask - twice.  This first time they told me it was a Magic Castle Conjurer's Cruise. That sounded great, and I immediately put a hold on a cabin. But after more digging I realized that's actually a 7-day cruise on the Discovery Princess, out of  Los Angeles. The cruise title is completely different.  

On my second attempt to get more information from Princess, she read out the itinerary to me. I said I knew the itinerary, but wanted to know what "Hollywood Insider Behind the Screen EFX" meant. She said she couldn't provide me with any more information.  

I've Googled every term I can think of, but found nothing.

So, does anyone here have any ideas? The date and itinerary would be great for us as a quick little get away, but we don't to book a mystery cruise! 

Thanks!

EFX.jpg

Edited by SeaCBear

22 minutes ago, SeaCBear said:

Does anyone have any idea what this cruise is all about? It's a 3-day cruise on the Crown Princess, leaving Seattle on October 16, 2023.

I've contacted Princess to ask - twice.  This first time they told me it was a Magic Castle Conjurer's Cruise. That sounded great, and I immediately put a hold on a cabin. But after more digging I realized that's actually a 7-day cruise on the Discovery Princess, out of  Los Angeles. The cruise title is completely different.  

FWIW, that is correct. Princess turned our October 7 California Coastal sailing on the Discovery into a theme cruise with the Magic Castle folks. It happened just a few weeks ago, no prior notice, and they haven't even sent us passengers a formal notice about it. I learned about it from our Roll Call here on CC

Yes, I'm sure I've looked at this 3-day cruise from Seattle before and it was just a plaid old cruise, not this Hollywood Insider thing!

But after looking at various meaning for EFX I'm pretty sure it's a cruise about movie special effects. But it would be nice to have more specifics!

3 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Thanks for the link! The Hollywood Insiders: Music Connection intrigues me, though I prefer a straight 80s theme. I'm not sure why Princess puts big themes on random ships with limited notice. Are they that desperate to fill ships?

I've been booked on this one for a while now, and just noticed the odd name change on Princess. Thanks to CC for always having the answers before I know I need them!.

No other info available online about the events or guests. Assuming this is a Princess theme cruise, and not an outside charter, the extras should be included?

16 minutes ago, ChangeOrder said:

I've been booked on this one for a while now, and just noticed the odd name change on Princess. Thanks to CC for always having the answers before I know I need them!.

No other info available online about the events or guests. Assuming this is a Princess theme cruise, and not an outside charter, the extras should be included?

I'm a veteran of a couple of Princess cruises that added themes, but I booked after the theme was announced.  You can expect the stuff related to the theme to be included at no extra charge - Q&As, lectures, maybe even a basic class.

• Like 2