What happens if we do not make it

flifish64

7 hours ago, ebtrip said:

If the airline changed your flight you can advise them it is not acceptable and get your flight changed with no cost to you.  The only thing is it’s only a 1/2 hour change. It has happened to me, but it was hours, had them change with no problem. 

I've not had much trouble with Delta even with minimal time chages.  I just tell them I'm joining a cruise and that it's too tight for me.  But they are dealing with FBC so I believe changes have to go through them.

9 hours ago, mrgabriel said:

Delta is a great airline but a connection in ATL likely means changing terminals. I wouldn’t risk it. You’re not only dealing with a possible delay of one flight but also delays or issues in the two airports where your flights are coming from.

Getting from A To B in ATL is fairly easy…

• Like 1

23 hours ago, flifish64 said:

We have A Feb 4 cruise booked and used Celebrity Air to book the going transportation. We usually booked the day before but have conflicting plans that would not allow for that.  We were arriving at 11:45 on the 4th and just received a notice of change that we now arrive at 12:15.  What happens if that flight is delayed and we arrive at the port check in at 3:00 or later?  Will they delay departure for slight misses?  What if the ship departs without us.  What assistance does Celebrity provide?

Thanks for any info/help

Carol

With current flights delays, I would not recommend to fly the same day so close to the sailing time. 

But if Celebrity Air is offering flights, they should guarantee to get you on board one way or another.

Read their Terms and evaluate your options. Same applies to return flights. Sometime there are delays in clearing the ship, so don't assume you will be out by 7-8 am.

This is why we purchase Travel Insurance!  Also, is there any chance you can move the other plans to the day before or possibly even until after the cruise?

In my experience, unless the flights were booked through Celebrity, they likely won't hold the ship for you.  That's because they have to pay port fees and if they stay longer than scheduled, it actually costs them more to hold the ship, plus they would now be delayed getting to the next port, which would cost them extra in port fees as well.

2 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

This is why we purchase Travel Insurance!  Also, is there any chance you can move the other plans to the day before or possibly even until after the cruise?

In my experience, unless the flights were booked through Celebrity, they likely won't hold the ship for you.  That's because they have to pay port fees and if they stay longer than scheduled, it actually costs them more to hold the ship, plus they would now be delayed getting to the next port, which would cost them extra in port fees as well.

All this discussion and no conversation about what these "other" plans are.  It could be visiting someone in the hospital or going out to brunch.

9 minutes ago, zitsky said:

All this discussion and no conversation about what these "other" plans are.  It could be visiting someone in the hospital or going out to brunch.

Exactly, which is why I asked.  If there's no chance of moving the plans, I wouldn't even book the cruise.  If there is, I would see if we could move those plans.  Obviously if someone is in the hospital, that's different, but even so, I would purchase travel insurance in the event we did have to cancel.

16 hours ago, flifish64 said:

Yes it is the Ascent out of FLL

we are on the first flight out of Gulfport thru ATL on Delta

itbis a Blue Chip Club free cruise

only paid port fees and taxes and the air ticket

Thanks for the feedback

Will be doing carry on luggage only to speed things up

Carol

As your investment for this is minimal, go for your flight with FBC and they will get you to the next port to board.  If you have travel insurance you would be reimbursed for out of pocket expenses but you probably would not have much as FBC would cover them according to their info.  I am thinking you didn’t bother with travel insurance as your cost was minimal.  Carry on luggage is a good idea.  
We have missed sail away twice owing to weather at ship location and another time plane issue.  Caught up both times (pre Covid if it means anything.)

2 hours ago, gfkcruiser said:

As your investment for this is minimal, go for your flight with FBC and they will get you to the next port to board.  If you have travel insurance you would be reimbursed for out of pocket expenses but you probably would not have much as FBC would cover them according to their info.  I am thinking you didn’t bother with travel insurance as your cost was minimal.  Carry on luggage is a good idea.  
We have missed sail away twice owing to weather at ship location and another time plane issue.  Caught up both times (pre Covid if it means anything.)

Going to stay with current booking

followed suggestion and checked for flights to Bahamas (next port) and there is one about 8:30pm

would not mind night in Bahamas

will take passport as suggested

Thank you for all the feedback it was very helpful to make final decision and be peaceful with it

carol

• Like 3