Cunard Loyalty Benefit - WiFi on Multiple Leg Voyage

Classiccruiser777

It’s been a few years since we’ve taken a Cunard cruise and there have been some changes since our last voyage. We are Diamond level in the World Club and qualify for the $135 benefit towards WiFi, what formerly had been 8 hours of WiFi time. Next month we will be aboard the QM2 for14 days, a voyage that encompasses two segments, a one week cruise to Quebec from NY followed by the return from Quebec to NY. What we would like to know is will we receive that $135 credit towards WiFi for each segment, $270 for WiFi in total, or is the total sum $135 that we will be credited upon boarding in NY? We are considering additional QM2 cruises, one of which has three segments, another four (retirement is wonderful). Thank you!

We booked the same trip last year for the 14 days as one sailing, it was considered as one complete segment. And it was enough for our use. It was not considered as two separate sailings since it was under one booking number.

3 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

We booked the same trip last year for the 14 days as one sailing, it was considered as one complete segment. And it was enough for our use. It was not considered as two separate sailings since it was under one booking number.

Currently on a 14 night Southampton NY return as it was booked under one booking number as a 14 night I have only received one lot of loyalty WiFi and only one bottle of PA 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

Currently on a 14 night Southampton NY return as it was booked under one booking number as a 14 night I have only received one lot of loyalty WiFi and only one bottle of PA 

Thank you.. I was trying to understand Morgans each segments when our same time period was one complete voyage. Did things change?  Have a Good Evening...

29 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Thank you.. I was trying to understand Morgans each segments when our same time period was one complete voyage. Did things change?  Have a Good Evening...

Yes not sure I purchased the whole voyage package which was 14 nights but have only had one lot of benefit applied . I did wonder if I would get more when we left New York but didn’t. Perhaps if I had just bought it daily it might have reset but that would have cost more 

Last fall we had a 26 night round trip with three independently bookable segments [eastbound TA, Norway, westbound TA].

I made the mistake of applying my WC internet credit against a whole voyage package. Mrs Bear's internet credit was never applied. There was only on WC internet credit applied - and it was for the entire booking [not like pre covid when there was fresh credit on each segment]

If this is still the way things work in 2024, we will for for day be day internet until the WC credit is exhausted.

We did two segments earlier this year   _ Southampton/Dubai and Dubai/Singapore and had internet credited each segment.

We also did a B2B Transatlantic and again had two lots of internet time credited. Perhaps we were lucky !!

8 hours ago, TheOldBear said:

Last fall we had a 26 night round trip with three independently bookable segments [eastbound TA, Norway, westbound TA].

I made the mistake of applying my WC internet credit against a whole voyage package. Mrs Bear's internet credit was never applied. There was only on WC internet credit applied - and it was for the entire booking [not like pre covid when there was fresh credit on each segment]

If this is still the way things work in 2024, we will for for day be day internet until the WC credit is exhausted.

We made that mistake last August and May

Got brain in gear in July and utilised both credits on a day to day basis and the rest was offset by a rather generous obc allowance.

I get the impression, 'allowances' [ not talking  Worldie segments here as I don't know] , be they obc/internet credit etc ,are governed by whether the cruise was booked as 2 separate cruises even if in the same cabin, or a b2b on one invoice,

I am looking at a b2b and know I will lose out on 2 lots of allowances if I book them as separate cruises but will have the satisfaction of knowing I will definitely have  the same cabin for both cruises.

11 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

We made that mistake last August and May

Got brain in gear in July and utilised both credits on a day to day basis and the rest was offset by a rather generous obc allowance.

I get the impression, 'allowances' [ not talking  Worldie segments here as I don't know] , be they obc/internet credit etc ,are governed by whether the cruise was booked as 2 separate cruises even if in the same cabin, or a b2b on one invoice,

I am looking at a b2b and know I will lose out on 2 lots of allowances if I book them as separate cruises but will have the satisfaction of knowing I will definitely have  the same cabin for both cruises.

Does this mean you might be braving QM2?? 🙂

7 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Does this mean you might be braving QM2?? 🙂

exlondoner  Funnily enough, I  seriously looked at the cabins last night. Seriously.

However, my husband can't climb in and out of baths to have a shower and I don't want a niffy other half!

The problem is, the cabins with separate showers are either duplex [ no internal lift as far as I can see]  or one level but no balcony so, yes, I would have considered QM2 but no, not after seriously looking at the cabins.

10 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

exlondoner  Funnily enough, I  seriously looked at the cabins last night. Seriously.

However, my husband can't climb in and out of baths to have a shower and I don't want a niffy other half!

The problem is, the cabins with separate showers are either duplex [ no internal lift as far as I can see]  or one level but no balcony so, yes, I would have considered QM2 but no, not after seriously looking at the cabins.

Yes, those showers over the bath are infuriating. My husband can manage, but only with my help. When we were quarantined in a sheltered balcony last summer, it was an unexpected pleasure simply to walk into the shower.

But…don’t the Q4s have separate bath and shower, and a balcony?

2 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Yes, those showers over the bath are infuriating. My husband can manage, but only with my help. When we were quarantined in a sheltered balcony last summer, it was an unexpected pleasure simply to walk into the shower.

But…don’t the Q4s have separate bath and shower, and a balcony?

Thank you both.

Didn't look but just seen a video and yes, they do. Don't have a separate loo though [she says being picky].

I can now put that on my 'maybe' if QA doesn't pan out.

We have '24 sewn up but if we wait to see how we get on, we risk losing the ability to book the QA grade we'd want.

OOOOOH, 21stC problems, as the saying goes!  😄

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

See

I know NOTHING about the stratospheric echelons of the Cunard flagship.

This site is so helpful.

Thanks

xx

Also check out the two Q4 Penthouses on Deck 10 Aft. There is a separate loo and separate shower along with jacuzzi tub. 700+sf. 
There is a very recent and well-produced YouTube video describing a westbound TA while in that Q4.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NE John said:

Also check out the two Q4 Penthouses on Deck 10 Aft. There is a separate loo and separate shower along with jacuzzi tub. 700+sf. 
There is a very recent and well-produced YouTube video describing a westbound TA while in that Q4.

I will but for the time being, I think Annie will get our '25 booking. Maybe '26 for Mary...if we're spared!!!!😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NE John said:

Keep the jacuzzi unless it's a stand up version. I'd be a shrivelled prune by the time help arrived to hoist me out [I know. waaaay too much info! 😁 ].

The body jets in the showers on QV are OK for me.

• Haha 2

@Victoria2 We were in Q4, 9060 on QM2 in July. I would never suggest getting into that jetted tub unless you’re an Olympic athlete! But, the jets in the large showers were very nice and there was a small platform where you could sit. Good balcony and bar and a full table with 4 chairs. 

3 minutes ago, techteach said:

@Victoria2 We were in Q4, 9060 on QM2 in July. I would never suggest getting into that jetted tub unless you’re an Olympic athlete! But, the jets in the large showers were very nice and there was a small platform where you could sit. Good balcony and bar and a full table with 4 chairs. 

Oh I could get in with no trouble at all. I could even climb out!!

It's the bit in between I'd be stymied with!! 😁

but thank you for the post.

Edited by Victoria2
  • Like 1

On 8/21/2023 at 3:44 PM, techteach said:

What exactly are the athletic requirements for entering and exiting the tub in a QM2 Q4? (Considering one, but may settle for Q5/6.)