Dyson Airstraight

Hi - I'm sailing on Harmony this weekend and was hoping to bring my Air Strait - I love this hair tool, but this post is making me think not to bother.  Any recent cruisers have success using their Dyson on board?

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, queen_kathy1 said:

Any recent cruisers have success using their Dyson on board?

The wiring on the ship doesn't change (this is what causes the functionality issues) - so if anyone reported it not working, that is unlikely to change (unless Dyson itself has made some changes between different models).

Edited by Biker19

4 hours ago, queen_kathy1 said:

Hi - I'm sailing on Harmony this weekend and was hoping to bring my Air Strait - I love this hair tool, but this post is making me think not to bother.  Any recent cruisers have success using their Dyson on board?

As I said upthread, it is an inconsistent problem.  Your hair dryer may work one day, and not the next.  It depends on the state of the ship's electrical system (whether any ground faults are present or not) at the time you want to use your Dyson, as to whether it will work or not.

I am a senior and unfortunately do not have lush thick hair anymore- I use a curling iron sometimes and get my hair styled a couple of times on the cruise at the salon.  However, my teenage granddaughters with very long thick hair use the Dyson  hair straighten at home and love it.  On a ship, they bring their own hair blower and regular hair straightener.