review Equinox August 13-18/2023

mcatmcat

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for sharing your review with everyone at Cruise Critic. Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review."

mcatmcat was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

I don't do reviews, but I will tell you what I liked and didn't like about my last sailing.
Equinox August 13-18/2023

I used to sail with Royal before; I am a cruise away from becoming diamond plus, but Celebrity is not allowing me to reach diamond plus. I traveled with my girlfriend, and I live in Miami.

I got to the terminal around 10 am and parked my car, the airport was open, but we waited 30 mins and got on the ship at 11 am. The crew is super friendly. I went directly to my room to drop my carry-on. Ocean café was open at 11.20 pm, so I switched to X from Royal. The food at X is so good; the ocean view was delicious, MDR and Murano. We didn't like the petite chef because it took almost 2 hrs, the room was super warm, and it was a waste of time and money. I went to Sillhoute twice this year, and I believe Equinox has better food.

On the other hand, I noticed that the crew was a little bit tired; if I go heard ten good mornings every day at OC while I was in the Sillhoute, I only heard three on Equinox ( I just made those numbers, but it is to give you an idea). The ship looked a little bit old on the outside, cabin, and balcony, we didn't care about that, but it is a fact.

This is the first time someone steals, or I don't know how to call it, a personal item from the ocean view café. I left my Yeti water bottle on the table while we went for food, it was 3 mins max, and the bottle was gone. We asked the waiter and everyone around, and no one saw anything. We filled out a report, but we won't get it back. I noticed people leaving phones, brand handbags, and designer sunglasses on the table, but I guess I didn't run with the same luck. I usually leave my seapass and sunglass; the first time I left my Yeti water bottle, it was gone.

The entertainment is fantastic; I believe they are trying to attract more young people, which I like. Cruise Directo was full of energy, and the whole staff. I couldn't find anything wrong with the ship; the food was tasty and warm, a plus for us. I only which we can get our elite drink anytime during the day, and I believe that the list for virgin drinks is minimal. Last but not least, I just booked two more cruises for 2023. I wonder if I ever will become diamond plus lol

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Since you mention virgin drinks, can you tell me what they had available at Elite happy hour in cans that would work for diy mocktails? Sparkling/tonic/seltzer water in cans, or juice in cans? Were the bartenders willing to make virgin versions of the HH drinks?

40 minutes ago, whataboutport said:

Since you mention virgin drinks, can you tell me what they had available at Elite happy hour in cans that would work for diy mocktails? Sparkling/tonic/seltzer water in cans, or juice in cans? Were the bartenders willing to make virgin versions of the HH drinks?

my gf was able to get a seltzer but they will not give you a perrier which we used to get on other ships. No virgin versions of the HH drink. They show you a menu that has Coke, juices, and water. And yes the water bottle comes in plastic now. 

8 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

my gf was able to get a seltzer but they will not give you a perrier which we used to get on other ships. 

I always laugh at how you can get many types of alcohol, but Perrier WATER is considered a high dollar drink worthy only of the Premium plan.  I get around it by ordering club soda.

Although you are liking X more right now.. it might be worthwhile to reach D + on Royal..in case a future Royal cruise itin catches your eye

Celebrity is in a transition period right now..most reports from pax  are  not glowing like they used to be!

Glad u  enjoyed your cruise.  Did any ports stand out?

On 8/21/2023 at 8:20 PM, mcatmcat said:

I don't do reviews, but I will tell you what I liked and didn't like about my last sailing.
Equinox August 13-18/2023

I used to sail with Royal before; I am a cruise away from becoming diamond plus, but Celebrity is not allowing me to reach diamond plus. I traveled with my girlfriend, and I live in Miami.

I got to the terminal around 10 am and parked my car, the airport was open, but we waited 30 mins and got on the ship at 11 am. The crew is super friendly. I went directly to my room to drop my carry-on. Ocean café was open at 11.20 pm, so I switched to X from Royal. The food at X is so good; the ocean view was delicious, MDR and Murano. We didn't like the petite chef because it took almost 2 hrs, the room was super warm, and it was a waste of time and money. I went to Sillhoute twice this year, and I believe Equinox has better food.

On the other hand, I noticed that the crew was a little bit tired; if I go heard ten good mornings every day at OC while I was in the Sillhoute, I only heard three on Equinox ( I just made those numbers, but it is to give you an idea). The ship looked a little bit old on the outside, cabin, and balcony, we didn't care about that, but it is a fact.

This is the first time someone steals, or I don't know how to call it, a personal item from the ocean view café. I left my Yeti water bottle on the table while we went for food, it was 3 mins max, and the bottle was gone. We asked the waiter and everyone around, and no one saw anything. We filled out a report, but we won't get it back. I noticed people leaving phones, brand handbags, and designer sunglasses on the table, but I guess I didn't run with the same luck. I usually leave my seapass and sunglass; the first time I left my Yeti water bottle, it was gone.

The entertainment is fantastic; I believe they are trying to attract more young people, which I like. Cruise Directo was full of energy, and the whole staff. I couldn't find anything wrong with the ship; the food was tasty and warm, a plus for us. I only which we can get our elite drink anytime during the day, and I believe that the list for virgin drinks is minimal. Last but not least, I just booked two more cruises for 2023. I wonder if I ever will become diamond plus lol

Sailed Equinox in Nov & had a great time.

Sorry you got your Yeti stolen--so weird!

Who was the cruise director? We are friends with a member of Celebrity activities staff, and know a few others, so curious!

• 2 weeks later...