This might make you laugh...or worry?

Nidwaldner

I just got an email noting my upcoming booking number in the subject line encouraging me to book excursions for my cruise in Costa Rica...except my cruise is going nowhere near Costa Rica. My cruise is to South America/Antarctica. Someone seems to have confused Puntarenas, CR with Punta Arenas, Chile. (though it is on the segment right before mine). Hope the Captain knows where we're going! 

• Haha 11

I keep getting email encouraging me to book flights. Unfortunately, the cruises are in the middle of a 6 segment B2B. I really want to book a flight for a very short segment of multi-cruise voyage when I will already have been on the ship for more than 24 days. Yeah, right.

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I keep getting email encouraging me to book flights. Unfortunately, the cruises are in the middle of a 6 segment B2B. I really want to book a flight for a very short segment of multi-cruise voyage when I will already have been on the ship for more than 24 days. Yeah, right.

You can always stay late for an excursion, and then make use of the short hop flight later…. 🤪

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

I get that E-mail for a cruise that starts 30 miles from my home with the airport being 30 miles in the other direction.

At least it was on the same side of the Pacific Ocean. For my December cruise to New Zealand from Sydney we all got an itinerary change email that we would be late arriving in Vancouver! 😂

Fortunately the next itinerary change email that was received the following day was changing an actual port in New Zealand and apologising for the previous days email.

• Haha 1

For our 2024 cruise from Brisbane we received an offer for discounted flights from P&O Australia.  We live in Brisbane so flights not necessary.  Seems all of Carnival brands have these issues. 

11 hours ago, Thrak said:

We are on the Emerald Princess out of NYC and got an email encouraging us to book our flights. We live in New Jersey about 90 miles from port. The price on EZAir is about $700 per person out of Philly via Norfolk VA. With tolls and gas it is under $100. These emails are automatically generated regardless of situation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Nidwaldner said:

I just got an email noting my upcoming booking number in the subject line encouraging me to book excursions for my cruise in Costa Rica...except my cruise is going nowhere near Costa Rica. My cruise is to South America/Antarctica. Someone seems to have confused Puntarenas, CR with Punta Arenas, Chile. (though it is on the segment right before mine). Hope the Captain knows where we're going! 

We got the same email as the OP yesterday. For a minute I was excited about a possible zip lining excursion or some sloth viewing but then I realized they had a Puntarenas, Costa Rica that was over 7,000 km (4,400 miles) north of our Punta Arenas, Chile stop. 

I guess we are stuck with penguins. I wonder if they will have penguins that zip line?

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, Doug R. said:

We are on the Emerald Princess out of NYC and got an email encouraging us to book our flights. We live in New Jersey about 90 miles from port. The price on EZAir is about $700 per person out of Philly via Norfolk VA. With tolls and gas it is under $100. These emails are automatically generated regardless of situation.

We’re 17 miles from the cruise terminal.  It would be $6 in gas total.  We could take a slightly longer route to go over the toll bridge to get that up to $12.  😁

• 1 month later...