Crystal Survey

Keith1010

We did receive a cruise survey from the evening after debarking Serenity.

I am posting this so that everyone knows there will be a survey and because I know of a couple of people who after the first cruise didn't get their surveys within a few days after they debarked and I am unsure if they ever did.

The survey was more comprehensive than previous surveys. It does us a one to ten scale and N/A as before.  It covered more categories including butler service since everyone has a butler.  Lots of whole sections on various categories such as Fitness Center, Spa? Salon, Outdoor Pool, etc.

Keith 

2 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

I am wondering if the survey was from the first cruise. If anyone was on the first or second cruise I would be curious if you got the survey. If you did could you indicate which cruise?

Keith

Nothing yet for the second cruise. I've checked all the possible locations on all my possible email accounts.

Patty

The survey was for the first cruise as I was not on the second one and received it yesterday.

I do not feel it was as comprehensive as the old ones. It did have the numbering system but was too open ended by asking which shows you liked, which ports you liked, which tours you liked? As someone who doesn't keep a running list of every show, every port and every tour, I found it difficult to recall what I did and when and which tour I did where.

In the past, the survey would list the port, and the tours, list the shows, list the lecturers, list the entertainment and you'd give a NA (not applicable) or a number and would give you a space to fill in any additional info. This way we didn't have to rack our brains trying to remember what we saw and/or did. They need to take the time to create the survey so it's more defined for those of us with aging brains. 😉

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AtA said:

The survey was for the first cruise as I was not on the second one and received it yesterday.

I do not feel it was as comprehensive as the old ones. It did have the numbering system but was too open ended by asking which shows you liked, which ports you liked, which tours you liked? As someone who doesn't keep a running list of every show, every port and every tour, I found it difficult to recall what I did and when and which tour I did where.

In the past, the survey would list the port, and the tours, list the shows, list the lecturers, list the entertainment and you'd give a NA (not applicable) or a number and would give you a space to fill in any additional info. This way we didn't have to rack our brains trying to remember what we saw and/or did. They need to take the time to create the survey so it's more defined for those of us with aging brains. 😉

That's a feature, and not a bug...  A lot of surveys, especially for service companies, are moving in this direction because they want to find out what made the biggest impression on you and what was the most impactful.  Not that they don't care what went wrong, but those are generally covered elsewhere in the survey.  With these types of questions in the mix, they want to know what left you with such an impression that you still remember it weeks later, so they can focus on those things in the future.  The stuff you already forgot about, kind of speaks for itself in that regard.

Vince

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

That's a feature, and not a bug...  A lot of surveys, especially for service companies, are moving in this direction because they want to find out what made the biggest impression on you and what was the most impactful.  Not that they don't care what went wrong, but those are generally covered elsewhere in the survey.  With these types of questions in the mix, they want to know what left you with such an impression that you still remember it weeks later, so they can focus on those things in the future.  The stuff you already forgot about, kind of speaks for itself in that regard.

Vince

No it speaks to the fact I have ADHD and can't remember squat. LOL

• Haha 2

OK.

Now we know for sure the first survey was for the first cruise. 

As to the survey, I've never seen a survey or been part of a survey as we did them at work annually that everyone was pleased with the questions.  I do think they covered a lot of ground.

My favorite are the ones from say BA that say can we take a minute of your time to complete the survey and twenty minutes later I am still answering the questions.

Anyway, glad they go the surveys out.

Keith 

3 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

My favorite are the ones from say BA that say can we take a minute of your time to complete the survey and twenty minutes later I am still answering the questions.

Those are the ones that don't get completed.

My own "egg timer" ratio is two times what they ask for.  At that point, the browser window gets closed.

My genuine favorites are the ones that say "we have a three question survey" and there are....voila...three questions!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1