Celebrity Visa Credit Card Reward Redemption

peanut head

Hello all!  I have been scouring the search bar and I am not able to get an appropriate answer for Celebrity.  I want to redeem my Bank of America (BOA) Celebrity Visa rewards as a credit to my upcoming October Italy cruise.  I have paid in full and have a $0 balance for my cruise.  I contacted BOA and they transferred me to Celebrity Cruises (CC) Captain's Club.  The rep at CC told me that I am only eligible to redeem the points for OBC as I am fully paid. 

My question: is there a way that I can have a monetary credit for my points applied to my Visa account?  If so, please furnish me with the appropriate contact information.

Please note that I am not asking if this is the best credit card to be used so no need to give me feedback on that issue.

Thanks to all in advance for helping me out.

4 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

The rep was incorrect. You can redeem points for credit on your next credit card statement.  It can be done on line on the BOA site.  

this is correct.  Go to your statement online.  Mine on the top left side has the amount of point I have and  "Redeem Points" in red. Click this and then you will be able to select if you want RCL or Celebrity and then click onboard credit, the amount, and select whether you want to share it with your cabin mate or not. It's really easy.

Make sure that you print out your confirmation and the number to call if you have questions.

You should see the amount added to your cruise planner within a couple days.  If you don't see it within a week, call and ask about it.

2 minutes ago, Tudy said:

this is correct.  Go to your statement online.  Mine on the top left side has the amount of point I have and  "Redeem Points" in red. Click this and then you will be able to select if you want RCL or Celebrity and then click onboard credit, the amount, and select whether you want to share it with your cabin mate or not. It's really easy.

Make sure that you print out your confirmation and the number to call if you have questions.

You should see the amount added to your cruise planner within a couple days.  If you don't see it within a week, call and ask about it.

The OP doesn’t want on board credit.  

peanuthead- I don't know how or if you can credit  the point amount back to your credit card account, but if you take OBC, you can then let it go back to the card at the end of the cruise. Or you can cash it out to take cash back home with you. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, long time lurker said:

The onboard credit is refundable, therefore if not used it becomes a refund to the credit card. 

The difference is the timing. If you follow the directions given for redeeming points for a cruise discount, it goes onto your credit card statement before the cruise. If you wait until you are on board, it goes onto the credit card statement after the cruise.

13 minutes ago, 39august said:

peanuthead- I don't know how or if you can credit  the point amount back to your credit card account, but if you take OBC, you can then let it go back to the card at the end of the cruise. Or you can cash it out to take cash back home with you. 

Follow the instructions for how to get the point amount back on your credit card, which to work as directed

• Thanks 1

Just an update.  I was finally able to log into my account and navigate to the "redeem rewards" site.  Unfortunately, both BOA and Celebrity informed me that once the cruise is paid for, the rewards do go back as OBC (Celebrity would not confirm that it would be refundable, though I don't see why not).  I cannot apply the rewards as a credit to my next Visa statement.  The latter would have been nice, but I will just apply  my rewards to my next cruise in Feb. 2024 and lower the total payment.

Thanks again to everyone who chimed in.  Happy sailing.😊

I always wait until final payment is in before I redeem mine and I have never had any trouble having a reduction of my credit card bill. Did you actually try it or did you just talk to them about it?

Of course if you have already redeemed your points for onboard credit it’s probably moot now.