Experiences on First Voyages of Serenity

JusttheTwoofUs

I have searched the forum for recent posts and couldn't find any definitive answers to the following.  Can those who

were on the ship (or those who definitely know) answer the following:

1.  For formal nights, were they very strict about men's wear, or was a blazer/slacks sufficient to allow entry to the Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurants?

2.  I understand the Prego Mushroom Soup is available in Waterside (sans bowl).  Is it available on request or just 1 or 2 evenings?

3.  Can Osso Bucco, which is no longer available in the Italian Restaurant, be special-ordered in Waterside?

We're on Serenity next month, and are trying to figure out packing, and my husband wants to set his expectations for his favorite foods.

Thanks, 

Phyllis

1. Formal night was a mixture of Sport Jackets, Suits, and a few tuxedo's. Most men I saw had on ties and the gals were dressed up. Those who didn't want to dress I guess dined at Taste or had room service. People seemed please to "play dress -up".

2. Mushroom soup was not available the night we ate at Waterside. 

3.There is a veal chop at Osteria but no Osso Bucco unless Waterside might have it as a special .

But just being back brought enough warm memories....

Muriel

15 minutes ago, JusttheTwoofUs said:

I have searched the forum for recent posts and couldn't find any definitive answers to the following.  Can those who

were on the ship (or those who definitely know) answer the following:

1.  For formal nights, were they very strict about men's wear, or was a blazer/slacks sufficient to allow entry to the Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurants?

2.  I understand the Prego Mushroom Soup is available in Waterside (sans bowl).  Is it available on request or just 1 or 2 evenings?

3.  Can Osso Bucco, which is no longer available in the Italian Restaurant, be special-ordered in Waterside?

We're on Serenity next month, and are trying to figure out packing, and my husband wants to set his expectations for his favorite foods.

Thanks, 

Phyllis

Phyllis:

They didn't turn away anyone if they weren't in the recommended attire. Many people were dressed up on formal for the first cruise. We didn't dine out on the second cruise as I couldn't wear shoes that night.  The first cruise had two formals and the second one just one. I see that Muriel provided her observations from the second formal night.  My observation is they are trying to make it a little more dressier but I can't say that with 100% certainty. We dressed up more.

Anne Marie had the mushroom soup once on each voyage. I thought she had it on one of the formal nights of the first voyage and I thought it was on the one formal on the second voyage as I know I had the caviar but if it wasn't that night it was another one.  It cannot be special ordered.

Osso Bucco cannot be special ordered.

None of the Prego items can be special ordered.  

The food was truly amazing in Waterside.  I never special ordered anything other than asking for a caesar salad or a simple salad of Boston lettuce, mushrooms and tomatoes.  My observation is special ordering is way down from the days of past.  I could be wrong but it seemed like the menus had more entree choices than we've seen in a very long time and I found the food tasty, presented very well and at the proper temperature.

Overall i was pleased with pretty much all the food.

I did try most things in Tastes during our two visits. There were a few items Anne Marie and I didn't care for but we found several on each night we enjoyed.  Umi Uma loved it all and enjoyed most items at the Italian Specialty Restaurant. Some are smaller so for example I had two starters at the recommendation  of one of our hosts and it was a good recommendation.  I would let the waiter try to guide you both on this.

Keith

2 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

I had the mushroom soup one night at Waterside, maybe formal night, but it didn't taste like the old Prego recipe, at least not to me. 

Patty

Patty, 

Anne Marie says it's not the Prego Recipe but the recipe they have used in Waterside before.  

Keith

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Patty, 

Anne Marie says it's not the Prego Recipe but the recipe they have used in Waterside before.  

Keith

Oh! Thx for that info, Keith (and Anne Marie). 

It’s good to know Anne Marie liked it enough to have it again. I do recall enjoying it at Waterside, so I’m looking forward to it again.

• Like 2