Balcony Cabin Recommendations - SKY PRINCESS

bsey96

Hello everyone 🙂 First post here. I am a newbie when it comes to cruises. Next year we are going on our very first cruise on the Sky Princess. We are choosing our cabin at the moment. Can you suggest quiet balcony cabins on the Sky Princess? I have been told to avoid the lift areas as they can get very busy. Therefore, we were considering the mid-aft area. Picture for reference. Would you say B607 is a good cabin or too close to the laundry area? Should we consider mid-forward cabins instead?

I look forward to hear your opinions.

sky princess.png

Welcome to Cruise Critic!  You chose a great ship for your first sailing on Princess.

I've stayed near the lift areas in both mini suites and suites and never had an issue with the noise so that wouldn't be something I would worry about. 

B607 would be a good location and being near the laundromat won't be at issue at all. Perhaps someone who has had that cabin or one very close will chime in with their thoughts. 

8 minutes ago, bsey96 said:

Hello everyone 🙂 First post here. I am a newbie when it comes to cruises. Next year we are going on our very first cruise on the Sky Princess. We are choosing our cabin at the moment. Can you suggest quiet balcony cabins on the Sky Princess? I have been told to avoid the lift areas as they can get very busy. Therefore, we were considering the mid-aft area. Picture for reference. Would you say B607 is a good cabin or too close to the laundry area? Should we consider mid-forward cabins instead?

I look forward to hear your opinions.

sky princess.png

Welcome to CC (Cruise Critic) and Princess!

Nothing wrong with B607, but we prefer the port side.  You don’t say what area you’re cruising? Caribbean? Europe?  
We find it’s more picturesque on the port. Not always.  I’d pick B608. You won’t hear anything from the laundrette.

But, If I were booking the SKY, I’d book Dolphin balconies, forward or Aft, because we love the big balconies.  Look at the deck plans.

Unless it’s a lot more money. Just check it out.

BTW, the Sky is beautiful. Enjoy!

image.thumb.png.d288c752c3275c744caf90adc1f64965.png

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Nothing wrong with B607, but we prefer the port side.  You don’t say what area you’re cruising? Caribbean? Europe?  
We find it’s more picturesque on the port. Not always.  I’d pick B608. You won’t hear anything from the laundrette.

But, If I were booking the SKY, I’d book Dolphin balconies, forward or Aft, because we love the big balconies.  Look at the deck plans.

3 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Hello, thanks for your very helpful reply. It is a Norwegian Fjords cruise, forgot to mention it. There is no price difference I believe as we were offered rooms on the Dolphin deck as well. 

4 minutes ago, bsey96 said:

Hello, thanks for your very helpful reply. It is a Norwegian Fjords cruise, forgot to mention it. There is no price difference I believe as we were offered rooms on the Dolphin deck as well. 

Great cruise!  So either side is great for viewing.  Coming into port and sailaway we like the port side in the background.  

Everyone is different, but we love the bigger balconies.  I’d pick D224 or D226 for the forward or close to it and Aft, I’d pick D704 or D702 and no did not hear noise from stairs or lifts.  

We’ve stayed in these on the Sky and Enchanted (sister ships).  JMO

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bsey96 said:

We did the Norwegian Fjords & Iceland on Sky Princess back in June.  I second the Dolphin deck for the reasons mentioned above.  I'd take it one step further and recommend one of the balconies overlooking the wake.  We had D730 and the panoramic views of the Fjords were incredible!  

48 minutes ago, TN-Mountains said:

We did the Norwegian Fjords & Iceland on Sky Princess back in June.  I second the Dolphin deck for the reasons mentioned above.  I'd take it one step further and recommend one of the balconies overlooking the wake.  We had D730 and the panoramic views of the Fjords were incredible!  

Love the Aft facing balcony too. It would be higher in price, so didn’t mention that one.

My favoured choice is on Sun Deck  cabins numbered S211 to S222.  No worries about "white space" areas there as when you come out the cabin you are looking at a glass wall with a view of the secluded swimming pool beyond to which you have easy access.  At night it is all lit up.

Lifts are not that bad as they are set back but the "ding" might be heard regularly.  Being next to laundromat is good as you can pop in and iron a shirt or something or look in regularly to check numbers in there. They do have "opening hours" and are locked up at night to stop overnight machines noise.

Regards John

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Love the Aft facing balcony too. It would be higher in price, so didn’t mention that one.

Very true.  That room is a premium deluxe balcony so it does cost more than a regular balcony.  I think it was similar in price to a mini-suite.  For a Fjord itinerary, I think they are worth the splurge.  That said, we all have budgets we have to live within.  I'm sure the folks in the suite 2 doors down from me thought theirs was worth the splurge, too!  Unfortunately, it wasn't in my budget!    

Pretty good choice of cabin, we've stayed in cabins close to the lifts and stairways and have never had any problems with noise.

If you don't mind aft cabins there are a set of standard balcony cabins on Dolphin deck that have double size balconies.

Whatever you choose I'm sure you will have a great cruise, there is a lot of stunning scenery.

We are booked for the Fjords in April next year, can't wait.