Got an email from my TA: Itinerary changes for 2024 coming up. Your itinerary may be canceled.

Tapi

I meant Explora is just as messy as MSC. MSC has terrible reviews and reputation. Lots of availability left for 2024 Explora, the company may have deep pockets I wonder how long they can keep bleeding money...

Edited by frogfish12

19 hours ago, Bigdogwon said:

We were considering the Greenland to New York city next Sept. has that been canceled as well, and is there any information regarding the new itineraries for each ship?  Thank you!

Bizzarely that still shows as bookable on their website.  I am trying to sort out Aug/Sept 2024 and just cannot work it out!

14 minutes ago, uktog said:

Bizzarely that still shows as bookable on their website.  I am trying to sort out Aug/Sept 2024 and just cannot work it out!

Who do you think you are? Me?!?!

There must be a Golden Patience Award with your name on it!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, frogfish12 said:

I meant Explora is just as messy as MSC. MSC has terrible reviews and reputation. Lots of availability left for 2024 Explora, the company may have deep pockets I wonder how long they can keep bleeding money...

They'll run the first 5 years or so at a default. Afterward they may have options if the venture fails which I seriously doubt. Maybe, just divide all those Penthouses and Residences on smaller cabins, and market the ships as MSC Lirica+ class. The cruise department represented only 3% of the whole MSC group business back before the pandemic. Now with the huge fares on the cargo market I wonder where that value has simply gone below 1%, TBHH!...

Edited by Nunagoras
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2023 at 9:21 PM, FlyerTalker said:

Absolutely.  All are part of PANYNJ - Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.

As are JFK, LaGuardia and Newark.

Keep in mind Bayonne if great for getting to Newark airport, but that’s about all. Getting there from New York is a royal pain. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

A poster from my college days in the 70s.

Patience-My-Ass-Poster-copy.jpg

Love it!

Ive got vouchers I will need to use. I’m not letting them go to waste after all the pain I’ve had (never mind the insults from their Facebook groupies who refuse to apologise for the lies they spread!!)

1 hour ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

June 24 onwards itineraries now disappeared off the website 

The booking website is clearly being updated. Earlier this morning Med cruises could not be selected as a choice on the USA website. Med cruises are now there as a choice, however, the cruises themselves are still not there. As with all things MSC IT a little patience is warranted.

Spoke to my ta

deal is full refund or 30% discount based on your current booking if you book comparable replacement 

my ta advises that management thinks some itineraries too long. There will be more 7 day cruises with options to book b2b

explora1 revised itineraries out today or tomorrow 

Looks like Explora 1 stays in the Med for fall 24. I can see different ports in my October 24 booking from Quebec to Miami now, when I pull the reservation up in my profile. When I click on the dates, new ports appear such as Athens, Paphos, Haifa, Port Said, Suez Canal

So, Explora 1 will not return to the US and Canada in fall 24 but will most likely deploy to Dubai, maybe Asia, but my feeling says Dubai.

Expecting more negative surprises for Explora 2 then in about 2 weeks. 

Yeah…

Edited by mike@sea

No information regarding booking yet, but I did not expect that. I am sure it will take a couple of days. 
I do not believe that agents in Europe have been contacted yet. I only learned about it here and kept checking my res as well as the overall availability, which still shows zero results after mid May. 

My guess is , that Explora 2 Africa season also goes down the drain.  
Unless Explora 1 picks it up, but I have a feeling Dubai is more lucrative for them, especially given the fact, that they could welcome Russians from there. ….Rolex…..😉

I would be losing my upgrade then for my Jan 25 reservation as well, so my intention to book a new cruise for an even higher price with no upgrade tends to zero. 

But let’s see, what the next days will bring. Maybe Explora 2 will be redeployed to US/CA or Caribbean instead. 2 more weeks and we know that as well. 

Edited by mike@sea

48 minutes ago, uktog said:

Indeed welcome to the cancellation of the cancellation club to the newcomers 😢

It's unbelievable.... my December 2024 cruise was changed, we rebooked the new dates (they weren't even aware that this had happened at the US call center!) and now that's cancelled one week later!

image.png.12494a4e0102684fa7915e0fc36ac83c.png

• Like 1

I would to understand a certain sailing change to allow different ports or different time frames... But, at this segment, this is NOT the way forward to manage a business. Good luck on them with the Russians in Dubai if that is the case. The western based true luxury crowd which is not extremely big to say the least will have them at them as their last priority, because they're usually the most knowledgeable crowd in the whole market. I'm surprised on watching this. Very surprised to say the very least.

As mentioned earlier in the post, Explora 1 cruises should be released soon, Explora 2 cruises in about 1-2 weeks, according to the first post. 

My October 24 cruise, although originally leaving from Quebec enroute to Miami now lists ports in the Med, followed by Suez Canal on Nov 6th. Looks like Explora 1 will be heading towards Middle East, which was originally the plan for Explora 2. 

I can see the new ports in my reservation, but they no longer match the reservation title , nor the original route of the booked b2b. Strange, but I guess it already reflects what is there to come the following days. 
Whether or not Explora 2 will still do Africa in 25 ( which I doubt ) or head across the North Atlantic in fall of 24 remains to be seen.

…expect the unexpected with Explora. 🙃😀