Got an email from my TA: Itinerary changes for 2024 coming up. Your itinerary may be canceled.

Tapi

Hello:

We’re currently booked (and paid in full) on an itinerary from Quebec City in October 2024. I just got an email from my TA, telling me that he received a communication from Explora stating that both Explora 1 and 2 will be redeployed during that time frame and into 2025. No new itineraries posted just yet. Those will become available in the next few weeks. 

So he told me to expect a cancelation in the coming days, however Explora will be extending a 30% future cruise credit if we choose a different itinerary. 

Mixed emotions here about these changes. Grateful for the credit and the generous advance notice, but bummed about what seems like frequently changing itineraries, and about starting our plans from scratch. 

Just wanted to throw this information out there for those of you with plans that far out. 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Tapi said:

Hello:

We’re currently booked (and paid in full) on an itinerary from Quebec City in October 2024. I just got an email from my TA, telling me that he received a communication from Explora stating that both Explora 1 and 2 will be redeployed during that time frame and into 2025. No new itineraries posted just yet. Those will become available in the next few weeks. 

So he told me to expect a cancelation in the coming days, however Explora will be extending a 30% future cruise credit if we choose a different itinerary. 

Mixed emotions here about these changes. Grateful for the credit and the generous advance notice, but bummed about what seems like frequently changing itineraries, and about starting our plans from scratch. 

Just wanted to throw this information out there for those of you with plans that far out. 

I have a few Explora cruises booked and always keep an eye on what the price is doing. In the past week, I noticed that my fall sailing in 2024 no longer existed!  The new itineraries actually worked in my favour and the changes were generously and effortlessly altered.

Have you checked the website to see what's there?   I'm hoping that what you are referring to is what happened and that you can find something else.  

Edited by Dr. Cocktail

28 minutes ago, Tapi said:

Hello:

Ps - if you could post when the offer comes through, it would be much appreciated!!!

1 hour ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

I have a few Explora cruises booked and always keep an eye on what the price is doing. In the past week, I noticed that my fall sailing in 2024 no longer existed!  The new itineraries actually worked in my favour and the changes were generously and effortlessly altered.

Have you checked the website to see what's there?   I'm hoping that what you are referring to is what happened and that you can find something else.  

My Explora II cruise in October 2024 is still there. 

10 minutes ago, kelleherdl said:

Scratch that. Just got the TA email.

Would you mind posting the discount that you've been offered (obviously with all the details whited out!)

I may have burned myself by acting too quickly .... I got nothing approaching a 30% future credit.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

Would you mind posting the discount that you've been offered (obviously with all the details whited out!)

I may have burned myself by acting too quickly .... I got nothing approaching a 30% future credit.

Email from my TA was similar to what Tapi said he received. 

Dennis

For goodness sake I was about to tell my TA what to book to use my vouchers now in the plural having had a May and a July cruise cancelled. 
Whilst it’s maybe for some  nice that with what looks like a year’s warning you get a 30% voucher remember 30% is all that’s currently on offer for those dumped off with a week’s warning. 
Onboard may be lovely but they need to get their shoreside act in order! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

According to the email, the new explora 1 itineraries are finalized, and the new explora 2 itineraries will be out in the next 2 weeks, and the website needs to be updated. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, uktog said:

For goodness sake I was about to tell my TA what to book to use my vouchers now in the plural having had a May and a July cruise cancelled. 
Whilst it’s maybe for some  nice that with what looks like a year’s warning you get a 30% voucher remember 30% is all that’s currently on offer for those dumped off with a week’s warning. 
Onboard may be lovely but they need to get their shoreside act in order! 

From what I'm reading about the on board experience, it's not doing it for me so far.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Luxury said:

From what I'm reading about the on board experience, it's not doing it for me so far.

It's only week 3!  It could well and truly be a train wreck but it needs a bit of time to sort itself out. Granted, the suite bathrooms should have been more "blingy" and the "between hours" dining has not been fully considered but the latter can easily be changed.

With the prices they're charging,  it should be "perfect" from day one but that's really not a reasonable expectation. Sailing on any new class of ship in the first 3 or 4 months involves a certain amount of risk.

There are plenty of lousy (well actually, well written!) reviews of Seabourn, Silversea and Regent on cruisecritic. I had lots of problems on my sailing on Splendor this past year.

I'll make up my own mind on board but Explora is the only one one of the luxury lines that can offer 4 pools and 5 main restaurants. Not having a show lounge and those dreaded entertainments is a HUGE pull for me.

I'll let you know in a few months!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

It's only week 3! It could well and truly be a train wreck but it needs a bit of time to sort itself out. Granted, the suite bathrooms should have been more "blingy" and the "between hours" dining has not been fully considered but the latter can easily be changed. - The Penthouses and above bathrooms will be different from E3 onward. No time for E2. I believe they'll devote E3 onward to longer journeys, while keeping E1 and E2 to the "short-haul" Euro market once they have E3, E4 and E5. Obviously they'll sort the "between hours" dining, that's relatively easy, even though they'll need to add a few more crew members for that. In fact they'll need also to consider removing the lobby area on the "Med YC" in favor of more tables, and once they have a sushi area on the Marketplace they could to remove the sushi bar on Sakura and put some more tables there as well.

With the prices they're charging,  it should be "perfect" from day one but that's really not a reasonable expectation. Sailing on any new class of ship in the first 3 or 4 months involves a certain amount of risk. - True. And as an Italian line, they'll have a somewhat longer learning curve time than if they were, even say, German based, to let alone US.

There are plenty of lousy (well actually, well written!) reviews of Seabourn, Silversea and Regent on cruisecritic. I had lots of problems on my sailing on Splendor this past year. - Ok, even though it seems they're creating such a niche for themselves, perhaps at a not so high point like those ones.

I'll make up my own mind on board but Explora is the only one one of the luxury lines that can offer 4 pools and 5 main restaurants. Not having a show lounge and those dreaded entertainments is a HUGE pull for me. - Actually just 3 main restaurants and 2 specialties with no cost but limited reservations. Their multi purpose lounge for shows conferences, before dinner drinks and so on is a superb concept, no doubt. There is no waste space with that concept and you can have a superb crowd control just out of using wisely the venue!

I'll let you know in a few months! - Awaiting to read your review!...

30 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Cape Liberty (Bayonne), Brooklyn and Manhattan are collectively considered the Port of NY for cruise ships.

Explora 1 is using Manhattan Cruise Terminal for this first season in New York. I just checked the ship schedule. We are arriving on Sept 25, Explora 1 is overnighting, and departing Sept 26.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Cape Liberty (Bayonne), Brooklyn and Manhattan are collectively considered the Port of NY for cruise ships.

Absolutely.  All are part of PANYNJ - Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.

As are JFK, LaGuardia and Newark.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kelleherdl said:

Explora 1 is using Manhattan Cruise Terminal for this first season in New York. I just checked the ship schedule. We are arriving on Sept 25, Explora 1 is overnighting, and departing Sept 26.

Yet cruisemapper lists Bayonne.   Clarity would be nice.

This is the second time they have cancelled our Explora 1 itinerary.  This April 2025 cancellation really stings because it dovetailed to follow a transatlantic on Silversea that disembarks in Lisbon, and we don’t do any cruises fewer than ten days.  Below is the email I received from my TA on Friday.

“I just received a call from Explora regarding your April 2025 cruise. Explora will be redeploying both Explora 1 and Explora 2, and the itineraries will not be exactly as you are booked. The Explora 1 new itineraries are out, and being loaded on the website soon. The Explora 2 itineraries will be loaded within about 2 weeks.

If you move to a new voyage, they will give you a 30% additional credit to be used towards the new sailing, or you can take a full refund.

They recommended that you wait until the Explora 2 itineraries are out before making a decision. They did say that both ships will still be in Europe during that time, but the itineraries will not match as previously listed.”

Edited by FengShui@Sea

I'm curious are 2024 Caribbean itineraries unchanged for now?

Thank you for letting everyone know about the cancelations/itinerary change. Explora was my #1 choice but have just moved it to bottom of list. I guess for those who just want to enjoy the ship and food it's fine but for me itinerary is the most important. Looks like Explora is just MSC in an expensive shell

• Like 1