Quiet places to work on Regal?

roxstarcruiser

Hi all. Yes, I know the point of a cruise is to relax, but sometimes doing a little work here and there is unavoidable. While I'm not planning to spend a lot of time on the laptop, I was wondering if anyone has favorite, quiet places on Regal where you settle in to work. My suspicion is that my cabin would be the best place, but would love any other ideas. Thanks much!

On the Caribbean Princess Explorers during the day was great--but I don't see one on Regal.

During the day I suggest Vista lounge or Princess Live when there are no activities. 

Even the internet lounge area is usually a fairly quiet place, even with your own laptop.

Edited by KKB
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, roxstarcruiser said:

Hi all. Yes, I know the point of a cruise is to relax, but sometimes doing a little work here and there is unavoidable. While I'm not planning to spend a lot of time on the laptop, I was wondering if anyone has favorite, quiet places on Regal where you settle in to work. My suspicion is that my cabin would be the best place, but would love any other ideas. Thanks much!

Your cabin is probably the only place guaranteed to be quiet and have power connections 

• Like 2

Club 6 is great. There's a few "lectures" in there during the day - but easy to work around those 

Horizon Court aft, the outdoor section under cover is generally very quiet and very sparsely used. Bar there, snacks easy to grab, outdoors, so some fresh air, and quiet.

Vines is usually very little utilized during the day.

The big comfy chairs outside Princess Live are very rarely in use during the day, particularly if the weather is nice. Princess Live itself has trivia, game shows, lectures, etc going on during the daytime... 

Another outdoor area that's very rarely in use (people don't seem to realize it's even there) is outside Crooners on Lido.  Comfy lounge chairs, outdoors, etc..

Crooners is dead during the day, no events or anything in there at all til nighttime. The bar is open, but no pianist or anything at all in there. You'll get a little ambient noise from the atrium, hut take a table back by the windows and it's quiet.

Vista lounge is usually empty except bingo or such on sea days... 

Club 6 is probably your best bet - couches, tables, large picture windows and unused during the daytime except occasionally a few spa lectures or such . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roxstarcruiser said:

Makes sense. I will say, I have zero intentions of working long enough at a single stretch to kill my battery though! 🤣

If you don’t need a power source there will be times when some lounges will be empty but will still have people wandering through and maybe using space for games etc

• Like 2

1 minute ago, memoak said:

If you don’t need a power source there will be times when some lounges will be empty but will still have people wandering through and maybe using space for games etc

Awesome, thank you so much! I'm looking forward to taking some time to explore the whole ship and find my personal favorites. 🙂

3 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Club 6 is great. There's a few "lectures" in there during the day - but easy to work around those 

Horizon Court aft, the outdoor section under cover is generally very quiet and very sparsely used. Bar there, snacks easy to grab, outdoors, so some fresh air, and quiet.

Vines is usually very little utilized during the day.

The big comfy chairs outside Princess Live are very rarely in use during the day, particularly if the weather is nice. Princess Live itself has trivia, game shows, lectures, etc going on during the daytime... 

Another outdoor area that's very rarely in use (people don't seem to realize it's even there) is outside Crooners on Lido.  Comfy lounge chairs, outdoors, etc..

Crooners is dead during the day, no events or anything in there at all til nighttime. The bar is open, but no pianist or anything at all in there. You'll get a little ambient noise from the atrium, hut take a table back by the windows and it's quiet.

Vista lounge is usually empty except bingo or such on sea days... 

Club 6 is probably your best bet - couches, tables, large picture windows and unused during the daytime except occasionally a few spa lectures or such . 

Oh thank you so much for so many great options. I don't hate the idea of posting up with a drink and snacks at Horizon Court. Sounds pretty much like heaven to me, actually. 🙂

3 minutes ago, roxstarcruiser said:

Oh thank you so much for so many great options. I don't hate the idea of posting up with a drink and snacks at Horizon Court. Sounds pretty much like heaven to me, actually. 🙂

Just be aware that the buffet can get pretty noisy and groups often sit up there playing cards and socializing 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, memoak said:

Just be aware that the buffet can get pretty noisy and groups often sit up there playing cards and socializing 

That's cool. If I need to be on a call, I'll take it in my cabin. I hate having my camera on for Teams calls, but I might be fantasizing a teensy bit about turning it on while kicked back on my balcony. LOL

31 minutes ago, roxstarcruiser said:

That's cool. If I need to be on a call, I'll take it in my cabin. I hate having my camera on for Teams calls, but I might be fantasizing a teensy bit about turning it on while kicked back on my balcony. LOL

I actually did a job interview by phone while on a ship in the med 

I agree with the Horizon Court, specifically the Horizon Bistro side.  That's where I like to work in the afternoon.  Crowd dies down by 14:00.  The Internet connection is strong.  Food is near and you can grab a table by a window.  The outdoor seating to the left and right of the Horizon Terrace and can be quiet, but using this area depends on the weather and wind.

Another place I like to work is Crown Grill Bar during the day.  Hard to get seating sometimes.  Sometimes have to worry about nosy passengers that ask why you are working on a cruise because it's on the main corridor on Deck 7.

Before selecting a seat, look up at the ceiling for a white plastic box with a small blue light illuminated.  These are the routers and you'll receive the strongest Wi-Fi signal by situating yourself near one of these.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

I agree with the Horizon Court, specifically the Horizon Bistro side.  That's where I like to work in the afternoon.  Crowd dies down by 14:00.  The Internet connection is strong.  Food is near and you can grab a table by a window.  The outdoor seating to the left and right of the Horizon Terrace and can be quiet, but using this area depends on the weather and wind.

Another place I like to work is Crown Grill Bar during the day.  Hard to get seating sometimes.  Sometimes have to worry about nosy passengers that ask why you are working on a cruise because it's on the main corridor on Deck 7.

Before selecting a seat, look up at the ceiling for a white plastic box with a small blue light illuminated.  These are the routers and you'll receive the strongest Wi-Fi signal by situating yourself near one of these.

Now that's some incredibly helpful advice. It never occurred to me to look for routers or repeaters. Thank you so much!!!