ISP or Juneau for whale watching?

surgie

We (family of 11) are deciding on excursions for July 2024. Trying to decide whether to whale watch in ISP or Juneau. My husband and I did whale watching with Harv and Marv in Juneau several years ago so I'd likely book with them if we go with Juneau. We will be in port from 1:00-10:00 in Juneau and 8:00-8:00 is ISP. 

5 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

I know the title doesn't reflect it, but this thread, just down the board, is very relevant. This question gets asked here frequently:

Thanks you - I do try to search before asking but I'm not always efficient and/or the information in quite old. 

11 hours ago, surgie said:

Thanks you - I do try to search before asking but I'm not always efficient and/or the information in quite old. 

When I went in 2013, we did whale watching in both places! If you decide to do the same, I recommend Glacier Wind in Icy Strait Point!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KruisinKath said:

When I went in 2013, we did whale watching in both places! If you decide to do the same, I recommend Glacier Wind in Icy Strait Point!

I would agree. I did whale watching 2 days a part, one in Juneau and one in Hoonah. I would choose Hoonah near Icy Strait Point with Glacier Wind. Glacier Wind is a small family owned company. Real nice family. I had an amazing whale watch the day I was there. I was just there in May.

https://www.g-wind.com

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Coral said:

I would agree. I did whale watching 2 days a part, one in Juneau and one in Hoonah. I would choose Hoonah near Icy Strait Point with Glacier Wind. Glacier Wind is a small family owned company. Real nice family. I had an amazing whale watch the day I was there. I was just there in May.

https://www.g-wind.com

Glacier Wind looks great! Unfortunately kids have to be 9 years old and we have two that are younger than that. We'll keep looking but thanks for the suggestion. 

21 minutes ago, KruisinKath said:

Age restriction for under 9 and two of ours will be 5 and 7 at the time of the trip so that has to be a no for us unfortunately. I'm not running into the age issue in Juneau so that may be the deciding factor. Thanks, though. 

10 minutes ago, surgie said:

Glacier Wind looks great! Unfortunately kids have to be 9 years old and we have two that are younger than that. We'll keep looking but thanks for the suggestion. 

I found it - sorry.

I don't know how many are in your group but they have a 6 passenger boat. Other lines I know of in Juneau will waive the age requirement if you charter the boat..... I don't know Glacier Wind's policy on this.

Good luck.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1