Large Balcony staterooms - Loungers?

PATRLR

Was on Oasis 8/20-8/27.  Great cruise.  First cruise on RCCL in about 12 years.  We royal-up'd to a large balcony stateroom because we enjoy lounging on our balcony when we can.  Imagine my surprise when we got to the room and the balcony furniture was the same as a standard balcony (2 straight-back chairs and a table).  I'm not sure what the advantage of a larger balcony is, if there is no different furniture.  Do they expect me to move the bed out there or something?

On past cruises with NCL and Carnival (and I thought RCCL too), when we had a large balcony there was always at least one, sometimes two loungers on it.  Sometimes it might have been those chairs with the separate footrests that made for a quasi-lounger, but, there was always something different from the standard balcony furniture.  When in Nassau, I looked over at NCL Joy, just to be sure and every larger balcony that I could see had a lounger on it.  

For future reference, for those that typically book the large balconies on RCCL, do they ever have loungers or do they typically have the same furniture as the standard balcony?

Edited by PATRLR
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

Was on Oasis 8/20-8/27.  Great cruise.  First cruise on RCCL in about 12 years.  We royal-up'd to a large balcony stateroom because we enjoy lounging on our balcony when we can.  Imagine my surprise when we got to the room and the balcony furniture was the same as a standard balcony (2 straight-back chairs and a table).  I'm not sure what the advantage of a larger balcony is, if there is no different furniture.  Do the expect me to move the bed out there or something?

On past cruises with NCL and Carnival (and I thought RCCL too), when we had a large balcony there was always at least one, sometimes two loungers on it.  Sometimes it might have been those chairs with the separate foot rests that made for a quasi-lounger, but, there was always something different from the standard balcony furniture.  When in Nassau, I looked over at NCL Joy, just to be sure and every larger balcony that I could see had a lounger on it.  

For future reference, for those that typically book the large balconies on RCCL, do they ever have loungers or do they typically have the same furniture as the standard balcony?

Some Royal Ships like Radiance Class have Loungers on larger/Aft Balcony's, other's like you were no nope

11 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

Sometimes it might have been those chairs with the separate foot rests that made for a quasi-lounger, but, there was always something different from the standard balcony furniture.

On Wonder, the chairs on the large balcony cabins reclined and there were separate foot stools - they made up for that accommodation by pairing them with the world's smallest table (barely fit two coffee mugs)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

On Wonder, the chairs on the large balcony cabins reclined and there were separate foot stools - they made up for that accommodation by pairing them with the world's smallest table (barely fit two coffee mugs)

Years ago the Loungers on open Deck and around Pool use to have a table for every 2 chairs. Of course they have ash trays on them but was nice place drinks on and keep items off the Deck and dry

• Like 1

I have both of the previously mention chairs on aft facing cabin.  Either a lounger or a chair that reclined with a foot stool that could be slid in and out under the chair.

I've never had a large balcony on an Oasis class ship except for being in a suite so that wouldn't be instructive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Usually it means that the balcony is a bit larger - the cabin size is fairly standard.

Ok, but not significantly large enough for a lounger plus 2 chairs.  The new chairs on some ships have a stool.