Recommended Hotels Near Miami Airport

RocketMan275

15 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

walk-in for sure. Our son loved that shower! It's huge and fancy. The only problem we had in our room was that the shower door didn't fully close, so while the kid took an hour long shower, basking in all that glorious water spraying from all sides, a ton of it spilled through the crack into the general bathroom area. When we took a shower, we just put a towel on the floor to cover the crack.

I'm definitly adding EB to my list, maybe at the top.

I might even stay there before and after cruise.

How much was transportation to/from the port?

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Thank you.  I may add that hotel to my list of contenders.

I do have a couple of questions:

1. Their websites states mask will be worn outside of rooms.  That's a Full Stop-No Go.  Have they not just updated their website?

2. How was the restaurant for dinner?

3.  How was breakfast?  Included?

Food in the hotel restaurant was good both breakfast and dinner. No, breakfast is not free.

I cannot imagine anywhere is still requiring masks to be worn, I suspect they have not updated their website.

The showers are spectacular!

• Like 1

On 8/31/2023 at 2:01 PM, Ashland said:

Price was less at the Blue Lagoon, they have a shuttle from MIA and the Publix area across the street works for us on this trip.

I don't need to see the ships morning of cruise...I'm busy having breakfast and getting ready to checkout and be on my way.

We have stayed at Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon pre-cruise many times.  Free shuttle from airport (check hours if you have a nighttime arrival.)

Having the Publix grocery store across the street is great!  We often get a made to order deli sandwich and maybe pick up a salad there.  We have also enjoyed some good food at the Cuban restaurant in that same shopping mall.   Also, if you have forgot any item of clothing or sandals, etc, there is a Burlington outlet store there.  

Decent breakfast in the morning, and then shuttle to cruise.  Great way to start a cruise😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

Food in the hotel restaurant was good both breakfast and dinner. No, breakfast is not free.

I cannot imagine anywhere is still requiring masks to be worn, I suspect they have not updated their website.

11 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

We have stayed at Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon pre-cruise many times.  Free shuttle from airport (check hours if you have a nighttime arrival.)

Having the Publix grocery store across the street is great!  We often get a made to order deli sandwich and maybe pick up a salad there.  We have also enjoyed some good food at the Cuban restaurant in that same shopping mall.   Also, if you have forgot any item of clothing or sandals, etc, there is a Burlington outlet store there.  

Decent breakfast in the morning, and then shuttle to cruise.  Great way to start a cruise😎

I'm beginning to regret starting this thread.

There are so many good choices, it's becoming more difficult than I expected.

I was planning on the Doubletree because of the view pre-cruise and was looking for a post cruise hotel.

Now, I've good three/four good options.

Doubletree pre-cruise.

EB Hotel pre and post cruise.

Hampton pre and post cruise.

Hyatt House pre and post cruise.

The wife and I were just discussing lunch/dinner from the Public deli.

The EB hotel has keurig coffee makers and walkin showers.

The doubletree has a great view. 

Glad I've got awhile to sort this out.

Thanks to everyone for their great insights.

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

Just discovered EB is part of Chase Luxury Hotel selections and with my chase card I get included breakfast and a lunch credit too (which I could use post cruise). 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Have you stayed there? How was the restaurant for dinner? How was breakfast?

I have stayed there several times. I've never eaten at their restaurant for dinner per se, it is really a bar with food, burgers, etc. I have had the chicken wings and fries watching a football game and they were good. Usually when I stay there I do one of two things for dinner, walk to Casa Juan Cuban (or have Uber Eats deliver from them) or I walk to the Publix right there and get chicken and sides from their hot deli. Publix has the best chicken around.

The breakfast is great, like at all Hyatt House hotels, but there is a First Watch walkable from the hotel and First Watch is one of those Florida restaurants I head to whenever I get a chance in my business travels. Casa Juan also serves a great breakfast too, so I've also gone there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scottca075 said:

I have stayed there several times. I've never eaten at their restaurant for dinner per se, it is really a bar with food, burgers, etc. I have had the chicken wings and fries watching a football game and they were good. Usually when I stay there I do one of two things for dinner, walk to Casa Juan Cuban (or have Uber Eats deliver from them) or I walk to the Publix right there and get chicken and sides from their hot deli. Publix has the best chicken around.

The breakfast is great, like at all Hyatt House hotels, but there is a First Watch walkable from the hotel and First Watch is one of those Florida restaurants I head to whenever I get a chance in my business travels. Casa Juan also serves a great breakfast too, so I've also gone there.

I know Publix sells wine but do they also sell liquor?

Any liquor stores close by?

4 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

I know Publix sells wine but do they also sell liquor? Any liquor stores close by?

In FL liquor is sold in "package stores", grocery stores sell beer, wine and liquor under 6% ABV . Over 6% ABV requires a specialty store.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

In FL liquor is sold in "package stores", grocery stores sell beer, wine and liquor under 6% ABV . Over 6% ABV requires a specialty store.

Some Publix stores have attached liquor stores (including our local one in Pompano Beach) but when I looked the Publix liquor stores on line the search returned none near the airport.

• Like 1