What kind of shows & entertainment are typically provided?

IndyKid

On 8/28/2023 at 3:14 PM, IndyKid said:

We're booked for a week on the Caribbean Princess in December, doing the eastern route. What kind of shows & entertainment are typically offered? Would like to hear from someone who has recently been on the CP, and which ones were their favorites? 

Also, on a related note, can you get drinks delivered to your seats during the show?

No actual musicals like on NCL and RCL. 

It's mostly musical review shows, which isn't for me

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dsotm73 said:

Wife really loves the comedians.

How many comedian nights are there on a typical 7-day? App is showing one comedian with five shows on two days, nothing on the other five nights.

Then you also don’t want to miss their hilarious 8 pm game shows in the Explorers Lounge, or Princess Live!, depending on which ship you’re on. We always have a great time going to those as well. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser

2 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

You need to try and get to it.  The only way to see it is "in the round".  Can't imagine it being performed on a regular stage.

We've seen it years ago on the Island but after what they did to the ship we prefer any other ship now. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Then you also don’t want to miss their hilarious 8 pm game shows in the Explorers Lounge, or Princess Live!, depending on which ship you’re on. We always have a great time going to those as well. 

I usually give the comedians a wide berth, but got talked into seeing a show with some dude who'd get booed off the stage on Open Mike night at the local Chuckle Hut over on Rt. 39 in East Muleshoe, Oklahoma.  We left after about 10 minutes of no laughs.

2 minutes ago, DCThunder said:

I usually give the comedians a wide berth, but got talked into seeing a show with some dude who'd get booed off the stage on Open Mike night at the local Chuckle Hut over on Rt. 39 in East Muleshoe, Oklahoma.  We left after about 10 minutes of no laughs.

Yup, a bad comedian can be hired every once in a while on any cruise line, and the negative memories they leave from their performance can stick with you for years to come. In fact, I can think of 2, and both of them were over 5 years ago. But at the same time we’ve seen quite a few very funny comedians, especially when they are seasoned comedians with well thought out presentations. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dsotm73 said:

Wife really loves the comedians.

How many comedian nights are there on a typical 7-day? App is showing one comedian with five shows on two days, nothing on the other five nights.

You might only get 1 on a short voyage.  It is nice to get 2, especially when they do a second show in a second location.  Hopefully, you get good ones.  I was happy last time.  I have also seen most of the long-time Princess favorites at least once.

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

On the Bayou - in the round - is easily the best production show on Princess - We saw it on Island before ... well, that has been well discussed previously

I've seen it on Island once and on Coral twice and it is nothing compared to the same show on Coral. It's designed for the special rotating stage that is on Coral and used to be on Island before they trashed the ship and removed the Universe Lounge. On Island it's the same show but in the regular theater. It wasn't anywhere near as good as on Coral.

I completely agree it is their best production show but hope you have a chance to see on Coral Princess where it's presented as originally intended.

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

I've seen it on Island once and on Coral twice and it is nothing compared to the same show on Coral. It's designed for the special rotating stage that is on Coral and used to be on Island before they trashed the ship and removed the Universe Lounge. On Island it's the same show but in the regular theater. It wasn't anywhere near as good as on Coral.

I completely agree it is their best production show but hope you have a chance to see on Coral Princess where it's presented as originally intended.

which is why I posted on Island "before" ...smh

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

It's designed for the special rotating stage that is on Coral and used to be on Island before they trashed the ship and removed the Universe Lounge.

After that, we removed the Island from our ships to sail on. 

On 8/28/2023 at 3:14 PM, IndyKid said:

We're booked for a week on the Caribbean Princess in December, doing the eastern route. What kind of shows & entertainment are typically offered? Would like to hear from someone who has recently been on the CP, and which ones were their favorites? 

Also, on a related note, can you get drinks delivered to your seats during the show?

Some entertainment highlights from Princess Theater on recent Caribbean Princess.

• Like 1