Celebrity move up - Celebrity Silhouette

jemmstar1980

Hello,  

just looking for some help please I have made a bid on the moveup,  first time I’ve ever done this.   we booked a concierge balcony and I’ve put in the max offer for a a celebrity suite.  Any ideas/thoughts how likely it will be successful?  

I’ve also bidded on a sunset sky suite but not the full bid amount.

could I also check with the additional daily tip to the be added would it be $21 per person per day less the $18 we already paid? 

3 minutes ago, jemmstar1980 said:

Hello,  

just looking for some help please I have made a bid on the moveup,  first time I’ve ever done this.   we booked a concierge balcony and I’ve put in the max offer for a a celebrity suite.  Any ideas/thoughts how likely it will be successful?  

could I also check with the additional daily tip to the be added would it be $21 per person per day less the $18 we already paid? 

Very hard to say, are any celebrity suites available, how many suites in general are available.  I have move ups for rooms that are sold out currently.  Its more a stack of dominoes overall, all have to fall to get the room.  With a max offer I would think you would be near top of list but no one knows algorithm that the company uses.  From my understanding and experience yes you are responsible for the additional tips for the new room if you get it.  So the 3 dollars a day.  Some people have said they never were charged that but its in the FAQ that you are responsible.  Good luck

18 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

Very hard to say, are any celebrity suites available, how many suites in general are available.  I have move ups for rooms that are sold out currently.  Its more a stack of dominoes overall, all have to fall to get the room.  With a max offer I would think you would be near top of list but no one knows algorithm that the company uses.  From my understanding and experience yes you are responsible for the additional tips for the new room if you get it.  So the 3 dollars a day.  Some people have said they never were charged that but its in the FAQ that you are responsible.  Good luck

deleted

27 minutes ago, jemmstar1980 said:

Hello,  

We were charged the extra gratuities at the same time the move up bid cost was deducted from Visa and yes, you're only charged the difference between what you've paid for your original cabin.  We've never bid max for any suite, (bid twice, succeeded twice) but if you reallllly want it, no doubt they'll be happy to give it to you.  Very few suites available on our Silhouette sailing so we don't expect to win the bid this time.

28 minutes ago, jemmstar1980 said:

Thank you - today only the royal suite is showing as available if I went to book the same cruise online.  

If someone in a CS has put in a bid for the RS then that frees up a CS 🤞 for you!

Remember that the Move Up is basically an auction.  There are many factors that may influence you chance of winning.   The logarithm is designed to maximize the revenue to Celebrity.   

Things that may affect your chances -

Some of the things that may affect your success.

1.   Someone in a AQ or SS also bidding and their revenue generation is greater than your bid.  

2.   Availability of Class -  Remember that every time a room is upgraded it opens a cabin in the class that was upgraded from.   This sets off a chain of upgrades.    EG -   Royal is filled by a CS, SS is upgraded from a AQ etc

3.  According to your CC status you get a bonus % on top of your bid. 

Classic members get an extra 1% multiplier, Select members get a 2% multiplier, Elite members get a 3% multiplier, Elite Plus members get a 4% multiplier, and Zenith members get a 5% multiplier.  This means that for example, you and I bid the same amount.  If Elite you would get a 3% multiplier and I as a Zenith would get a 5% - meaning I would win (in a perfect world)

Remember that each time a room is award it opens the cabin that was upgraded from.

I have bid at the Maximum before and not won.   Later I learned that the person that had won was a Ultra High Blue Chip Member and were comped the room.    How that works in the equation is unknown

1 hour ago, Diane Rose said:

@Jim_Iain do you know how the discount they offer at the beginning to bid works?   I was offered a 50% discount to bid.   Do they offer the discount to everyone?  Will my bid count double against someone who does not get the discount?

Thank you!

Diane

I've never heard of a discount to bid.  Do you know how you qualified for that?

1 minute ago, jemmstar1980 said:

Mine showed a 50% discount bid as well,  I am a bottom of the ladder classic member 😬 

Maybe that's why.  We're Elite plus...maybe they think they have us where they want us...sailing with them.  You being a newbie...perhaps encouraging you to stay with them as long as us?

48 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I've never heard of a discount to bid.  Do you know how you qualified for that?

I have no idea.  This is the first time.  Many suites to bid on, could be due to inventory?  We are also Elite Plus.

Edited by Diane Rose

We had a 50% discount bid, never saw it on previous sailings.  We have bid high for a suite we know is available and the suite is still available.  The sailing just gone from Southampton had suites still available when they closed the bookings 48 hours before, I find it strange why they would sail with suites not filled. 

51 minutes ago, Diane Rose said:

I have no idea.  This is the first time.  Many suites to bid on, could be due to inventory?  We are also Elite Plus.

Yes....most likely inventory.  Our sailing has only a Celebrity Suite, a Sky and an Aqua available.  And priced very high to bid.

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Yes....most likely inventory.  Our sailing has only a Celebrity Suite, a Sky and an Aqua available.  And priced very high to bid.

And who really knows if that 50% discount is real.  They could just be saying it to get people to bid.