Have you been to Nachi Cocum recently?

Cruisin2success

We have been to Nachi Cocum Beach Club quite a few times but it has been about 5-6 years since our last visit.  I have heard some not-so-nice opinions about the club lately?  If you've been there recently, what do you think?  Is it still up to par?  Was the pool clean? Was the food still delicious? 

Was there last December for the first time in a few years. (going back this December)

Everything was the same as always except on the day we went, the hot tub wasn't working.

So if you really enjoyed yourself before, you should be good to go.

Still a 130 person limit which is our favorite part of the Nachi experience.

(besides the wonderful pool, palapas, service and food.( I much prefer made to order food, than bufett style)

We have been a number of times over the years and was last there in late July.

Still a good day.  Is it super-awesome like maybe back 10 years ago?  Not always, but what is?

Pool & hottub open and clean.  Swimup bar and crew very good.  Beach service was sometimes hit or miss, but we spent alot of time out in the water (super clear no seaweed) and would just take turns making a bar run.

Food was VERY FAST this trip, but I would rate it B+, maybe A-.  Didn't seem as fresh as we remember from days ago.

Bathrooms clean.  Didn't look into any extras like massages, snorkel, etc.  Had only a small sign and "sell" when we first arrived, no pushy sales all day long, loved it.  We did buy their photo we took as a group, it was well done, I think $12.

Would not hesitate to return.

Hi everyone, 

I have been to Cozumel many times, but have only gone to chankanaab.  We would like to try Nachi Cocum. I am on celebrity equinox so will not arrive until 11am. My concern is that I have had skin cancer and must be in the shade as much as possible. I am worried there will be no palapas available since we are last ship in. Does anyone have experience with arriving late and being able to get chairs and palapa on beach. thank you very much!

8 hours ago, Mullwi said:

Hi everyone, 

I have been to Cozumel many times, but have only gone to chankanaab.  We would like to try Nachi Cocum. I am on celebrity equinox so will not arrive until 11am. My concern is that I have had skin cancer and must be in the shade as much as possible. I am worried there will be no palapas available since we are last ship in. Does anyone have experience with arriving late and being able to get chairs and palapa on beach. thank you very much!

You will be able to find a palapa/shaded seat, no problems.  Enjoy!

47 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

You will be able to find a palapa/shaded seat, no problems.  Enjoy!

And if for some strange reason the place is full when you arrive (which has only happened to us once in our many, many visits to Nachi, there are alot of people who arrive in the morning who begin leaving at 1-2 to head back to their ship's pier and shop before leaving at 4PM. (but Nachi must have at least 20-30 palapas with 4 loungers under each, which almost enough for max capacity) The restaurant area is huge and covered, with a great view of the beach. You could always start with a casual lunch and a drink and wait for the first groups to head out to look for their cabs back by cutting through the restaurant.

Also, DW and I quit hanging in palapas all day a few years ago and started getting loungers or a sunbed poolside. The side of the pool facing the ocean is always in shade from about 2PM on as the sun begins its decent each afternoon.

Edited by bguppies
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Assuming Celebrity docks at International with the RCCL ships, it was $17 in December 22 (From Puerto Maya next door). I can report back after I go this December if the rates have gone up in the past year. (I just assume $20 to be on the safe side)

11 hours ago, bguppies said:

Assuming Celebrity docks at International with the RCCL ships, it was $17 in December 22 (From Puerto Maya next door). I can report back after I go this December if the rates have gone up in the past year. (I just assume $20 to be on the safe side)

@bguppies is it $20 per person each way or $20 per taxi each way? 

21 minutes ago, bguppies said:

Here's what the board looks like at Puerto Maya pier.

cozumel-taxi-rate-sign.jpg

Playa Mia/Mr. Sanchos/Nachi Cocum is about halfway down under Club De Playa, Parques

Is that recent?

Looks the same as several years back and I haven’t heard of any official increases although always the currency games and double charging for two or more couples in a shared vehicle.

we usually pay in pesos but hasn’t been beneficial recently especially on cruise ship days.

5 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Is that recent?

Looks the same as several years back and I haven’t heard of any official increases although always the currency games and double charging for two or more couples in a shared vehicle.

we usually pay in pesos but hasn’t been beneficial recently especially on cruise ship days.

No. I just found the most recent picture I could find.

That was the rates last December still. 

Just wanted to show everybody what to look for at the taxi stand at the port with whatever the current rates are.

I can post a current photo after I go again in December.

1 hour ago, bguppies said:

No. I just found the most recent picture I could find.

That was the rates last December still. 

Just wanted to show everybody what to look for at the taxi stand at the port with whatever the current rates are.

I can post a current photo after I go again in December.

OK . Always best to check and photo current rates and the number of your taxi.

Always agree rate with driver before leaving.

Edited by c-leg5

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been to Nachi since 2011...considering going back but am a little weary on the reviews of drinks.  My friends and I don't drink beer and I keep seeing that the mixed drinks are watered down and not good.  Can anyone confirm, or let me know your recent experience with the drinks and food.  Also, how is the snorkeling from the beach?  

We were there in February and the food and service were outstanding as always.  You can always ask for an extra shot - or get your drinks from the swim up bar and talk to the bartender if you don't like what he is serving.

speaking of Nachi Cocom... If you are planning to go there any time in 2024, you should reserve your spots before October 31, 2023. Price is going up to $69.00 per person on November 1. Reserve now at the current rate of $59.00 per person.  We are on the Jubilee in May 2024. Just booked Nachi today.

• Thanks 1

$10 fee increase seems extremely reasonable especially for a nice little day at Nachi. Nachi always a winner.

Give them the $10 increase quit acting like a cheeseloaf cheapskate and go chill out at Nachi a have some fun.🙄 

• Haha 1

We had a great day at Nachi last September and were excited to go back last week.  We were very dissappointed in the service and won't be going back.  I think they must be under new managment because the staff were not friendly (except the woman selling the photos) and even rude at the end of the day.    

It really is too bad that the managment now has the attitude we have your money and now we don't have to try.  There were many people talking to the manager about different problems with advance payments and other issues.  

The beach, water and pool are lovely but the we will look at other options for our next visit to Cozumel because we don't go on vacation to be treated rudely and given the bum's rush to leave starting at 3:45 when the service is supposed to be until 5:00

We were the last visitors for the day and it was clear the staff wanted us to leave and close up early.   We were told last call at that they were starting to close.  We packed up our things around 4:15 and headed from the beach to change.  I was yelled at by a staff member even yelled at me for washing my feet in the area that is made for that because he had just finished cleaning it.   Another staff member said he was callong our taxi and I said thank you but I was going to change out of my wet suit first.  Went to dressing room to change and the light was turned off on me.   When we were leaving at 4:30 we were given hostile looks by the staff and no thank you and I left the money we were going to tip in my pocket.

I am very sad that I previoulsy recommended Nachi Cocum to so many people and that they no longer care about service or making their visitors have a pleasant visit to Cozumel.

I lived in Playa del Carmen for 12 years and love Mexico and it is sad to see that Nachi Cocum now treats visitors so poorly and gives such a bad impression of the lovely island of Cozumel.

• Like 1

Went to Nachi for the first time last week when we had a last minute itinerary change due to weather and had a fine time but was underwhelmed. I had read about how great it was for many years and it just didn't live up to the reviews.

It was definitely nice looking, quiet, and had no complaints about out palapa closest to the ocean as requested. The service, however, was a bit lacking. We expected to have one attendant all day but we had 2 randomly stopping by for drink orders and occasionally a 3rd. Frozen drinks were very icy/watery so I quickly switched to margaritas. They were weak but tasted fine so I drank a few more than I normally would. Food was fine but not great. When we were ready to leave the server was saw most often promptly had a taxi for us within minutes.

We didn't have a bad time but likely won't be going back. We're not partiers, which is why we chose Nachi (in addition to the reviews), so I'm off to find somewhere else that's not crazy crowded like Mr. Sanchos for our next 2 trips to Cozumel this summer.

11 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Went to Nachi for the first time last week when we had a last minute itinerary change due to weather and had a fine time but was underwhelmed. I had read about how great it was for many years and it just didn't live up to the reviews.

It was definitely nice looking, quiet, and had no complaints about out palapa closest to the ocean as requested. The service, however, was a bit lacking. We expected to have one attendant all day but we had 2 randomly stopping by for drink orders and occasionally a 3rd. Frozen drinks were very icy/watery so I quickly switched to margaritas. They were weak but tasted fine so I drank a few more than I normally would. Food was fine but not great. When we were ready to leave the server was saw most often promptly had a taxi for us within minutes.

We didn't have a bad time but likely won't be going back. We're not partiers, which is why we chose Nachi (in addition to the reviews), so I'm off to find somewhere else that's not crazy crowded like Mr. Sanchos for our next 2 trips to Cozumel this summer.

We have probably been to Nachi 3 or 4 times in 15 years and that has always been my impression. It even used to be PAYG!

It is nice to have in the rotation, especially on land visits when we are self-catering, but I have never understood the die hard attitude of many who return time after time. There was a recent rumor it had been sold to Allegra but  I don’t know why that would be the case and I haven’t seen anything to confirm it. Recent responses from management on TA are from the same person as always.

There are so many choices on Cozumel to fit all budgets with so many options. we like to ring the changes and also look for places that are less crowded than Sanchos or Paradise.

• Like 2