Valuetrips and Hyatt Place

sunsetme

2 hours ago, kelib said:

Question about Hyatt Place. My flight will arrive around 11:00am. Does Hyatt Place have luggage drop off and is there anything worth while to due close by if I cannot check in early.

Yes, they have a luggage hold if your room isn't ready. We usually have a rental car but the hotel allows you to use their pool area and there's the Harbor Shopping complex next door. Also you can get info at the hotel where to get transportation to the Hop on Hop off water taxi.

9 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Yes, they have a luggage hold if your room isn't ready. We usually have a rental car but the hotel allows you to use their pool area and there's the Harbor Shopping complex next door. Also you can get info at the hotel where to get transportation to the Hop on Hop off water taxi.

Thanks. I actually will be staying at the Riverside on Los Olas after the cruise and may do the water taxi then. I decided that staying at the Riverside New Years weekend was a little bit steep and Valuetrips seem to have an excellent price by half for this date. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

Also you can get info at the hotel where to get transportation to the Hop on Hop off water taxi.

The walk to the Hilton Marina and the closest water taxi stop (www.watertaxi.com) is about a mile along 17th Street.  Alternatively, the free LauderGo trolley (formerly the Sun Trolley) has a stop in the Harbor Shops parking lot (https://www.visitlauderdale.com/listing/laudergo-community-shuttle/18459/).  See the Beach Link route, SE 17 St/ Cordova Rd (Harbor Shops).  For the Hilton Marina water taxi, the stop is SE 17th Street/Eisenhower Blvd. 

• Like 1

On 9/6/2023 at 11:05 PM, kelib said:

Question about Hyatt Place. My flight will arrive around 11:00am. Does Hyatt Place have luggage drop off and is there anything worth while to due close by if I cannot check in early.

I just wanted to thank all of you for the information, I booked on Wednesday and just got confirmed tonight(Sunday) at more than half the cost of other hotels. This was for New Years weekend so most hotels were at premium prices so this helped out a lot.

Edited by kelib

On 9/10/2023 at 8:05 PM, nhraformula00 said:

V.T. is by far the best deal out there for Ft. Lauderdale area. We have been sailing from this port now for about 15 years and have been to 3/4 of the hotels along 17th. street. H.P. ranks at the top. IMOP. Value and convenience.

I am going to admit I absolutely do not get "Value Trips". The ONLY hotel in the entire country they offer discounts to is the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale. Their very amateurish, 1990s look website makes you think they are a full serve travel discounter for rental cars, flights, cruises, hotels etc, but no, the only hotel you can book with them for is the Hyatt Place and the whole process for doing so seems weird.