When Did You Get a Response on Your Upgrade Bid?

scottie99

I’m on this sailing too and have chosen not to bid as we are happy with our selection and have the same cabin b2b and do not want to move.  We just received our third email offer to bid so I think they are still entertaining additional offers.  
Edit….sorry. Offer was for Resilient Lady… not Valiant 

Edited by DKNY26

10 hours ago, scottie99 said:

We received the offer to bid on upgrades about 2 months ago for Valiant Lady on 24 September which we duly did.

Have heard nothing since.  Is that bad news? Or is there still a chance of success?

Thanks

I would say not to get your hopes up too much and get planning for the suite etc. It does seem to have many many variables on the upgrade allocation. Everything from your original purchase price, if your current cabin is "in demand", is inventory limited on the new cabin for an offer (not all cabins even if they are available on the site may be sold). 

I would say though people on lock it in... always have a cheeky bid! The rate is at least $1k lower than the limited-view cabins, and by being flexible, you might be able to drop that $1k back on a bid and end up in a suite. 

12 minutes ago, js-g said:

How far in advance of your sailing are you able to place a bid? We are on Valiant for the 26 November sailing. 

It depends on the rate and cabin you booked on when the release takes place. It can range from 65 days for people paid in full, through to a couple of days for Lock it in rates, as you can only bid after a cabin is allocated. 

2 minutes ago, Lustate said:

It depends on the rate and cabin you booked on when the release takes place. It can range from 65 days for people paid in full, through to a couple of days for Lock it in rates, as you can only bid after a cabin is allocated. 

Thank you. This is really helpful. We are paid in full and have an assigned cabin so will look out from around 65 days onwards.  

I will give this story.. I am sailing on Wednesday... 2ish months ago I put in an upgrade request. About 2-3 weeks ago I started receiving emails about "bid for an upgrade" and I'm like "wait, I already did this... wth"... Very much different from my one and only prior experience with trying to bid for an upgrade where I received an email telling me that my bid was not accepted.

So their process is not infallible...