MSC Cruising Out Of Fort Lauderdale???

ReneeFLL

We too live near Port Everglades and would much prefer to cruise out of there than Port Miami.  Given that MSC is putting the finishing (or almost finishing) touches on an enormous new terminal in Miami that can handle 3 ships at a time, I doubt that they are even considering Port Everglades at this time.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, capriccio said:

We too live near Port Everglades and would much prefer to cruise out of there than Port Miami.  Given that MSC is putting the finishing (or almost finishing) touches on an enormous new terminal in Miami that can handle 3 ships at a time, I doubt that they are even considering Port Everglades at this time.

I agree that the brand new terminal in Miami makes it less likely we will see MSC sailings out of other FL ports any time soon. They seem intent on expanding to other US regions right now, having just started sailing out of NYC, soon to be sailing out of Galveston, and looking towards Alaska sailings next.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

and looking towards Alaska sailings next.

They had Alaska in mind when the Meraviglia and Bellissima were built. There was a blurb from the shipbuilder at the time that they were deliberately shorter than the Fantasia class so they could fit into the existing docks up there. I would personally rather a Seaside class get sent up there, with all that outdoor space. 

13 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I agree that the brand new terminal in Miami makes it less likely we will see MSC sailings out of other FL ports any time soon. They seem intent on expanding to other US regions right now, having just started sailing out of NYC, soon to be sailing out of Galveston, and looking towards Alaska sailings next.

and look how quickly they abandoned TPA. 

17 hours ago, capriccio said:

Thanks for the info. 

32 minutes ago, lcpagejr said:

Divina used to cruise out of Ft Lauderdale....I believe it was in the  early 2010's when MSC first entered the US market. I recall seeing the gorgeous ship across the port from the other ships.

Divina did as well? I seem to recall Magnifica also did, but I may be mistaken.

28 minutes ago, UPNYGuy said:

Divina did as well? I seem to recall Magnifica also did, but I may be mistaken.

Definitely was Divina ship was huge and shiny (lol)...I recall telling my wife...what a gorgeous ship as we sailed away on Carnival or Princess at the time. I looked it up when we returned and there are reviews on Cruise Critic from people who sailed Divina out of FLL 2015/2016

Edited by lcpagejr

2 hours ago, lcpagejr said:

Divina used to cruise out of Ft Lauderdale....I believe it was in the  early 2010's when MSC first entered the US market. I recall seeing the gorgeous ship across the port from the other ships.

Divina’s US debut was in September 2013 from Miami.  Three day cruise.  I was on it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, quattrohead said:

I personally think it was a mistake not to send Armonia to TPA after....you know what !!!

I think it would have been the perfect ship for that market.

IMO a musica class would be a bit better there (Poeisa, Magnifica, Musica, Orchestra). They are about the same size as the Radiance and Spirit class, but imo have a nicer interior.  

2 minutes ago, UPNYGuy said:

IMO a musica class would be a bit better there (Poeisa, Magnifica, Musica, Orchestra). They are about the same size as the Radiance and Spirit class, but imo have a nicer interior.  

Yes they would be even better for sure, but I have a weak spot for a genuine cruise ship from another era !!!

Back in 2012 we were blown away by how gorgeous Poesia was and the totally different feel to Carnival.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, quattrohead said:

Yes they would be even better for sure, but I have a weak spot for a genuine cruise ship from another era !!!

Back in 2012 we were blown away by how gorgeous Poesia was and the totally different feel to Carnival.

that’s exactly why I’d rather a Musica class there. IMO would give a more upscale interior.

Granted, DW and I do sail on Carnival. But the decor on the ships with the exception going to the vista class and Excel class leaves much to be desired. Carnival has been trying to de-gaudify the ships in the conversions (triumph to sunrise, victory to radiance). But there is only just so much they can do all at once. 

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

Divina’s US debut was in September 2013 from Miami.  Three day cruise.  I was on it. 

Yes… but they moved it to FtLauderdale several years later… there are reviews on Cruise Critic shoeing departure from Ft Lauderdale