Suite benefits

Yowman

14 minutes ago, antsp said:

I'm nor talking about the room, I'm talking about benefits 

For a regular mini no real perks. Reserve class mini comes with reserve class dining. If you want real perks you need a full suite

• Like 3

Princess has updated their suite amenities listing online, and, as usual, they are not consistent.

They have one listing of suite amenities under the description of each ship. The description for the Caribbean Princess is here. Select "Suite" under "Accommodations" and then click on "Show Stateroom Features". This link takes you to a different page for each ship, and I didn't check other ships to see if they listed the same amenities.

If you click on "Learn about the Suite experience", you will go to another page - The Princess Suite Experience - which appears to be the same for all ships. They used to have a PDF flyer, but that doesn't seem to be available anymore.

The two listings are not consistent. The first listing includes "Complimentary laundry and professional cleaning services." However, the second listing does not mention laundry. In the past suites have had complimentary same day laundry - much faster than the Elite laundry. Same day laundry is no longer mentioned in either listing. The suite laundry was great, especially on voyages with a large number of Elites. I left my laundry out in the evening and always got it back the next day, even on voyages where Elite laundry was taking three or four days.

I don't know if Princess has cut out or reduced suite laundry or if they just weren't careful in editing their descriptions. With Princess, either of those is certainly possible. I would be interested in hearing from someone onboard as to whether or not suite laundry has changed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

Princess has updated their suite amenities listing online, and, as usual, they are not consistent.

They have one listing of suite amenities under the description of each ship. The description for the Caribbean Princess is here. Select "Suite" under "Accommodations" and then click on "Show Stateroom Features". This link takes you to a different page for each ship, and I didn't check other ships to see if they listed the same amenities.

If you click on "Learn about the Suite experience", you will go to another page - The Princess Suite Experience - which appears to be the same for all ships. They used to have a PDF flyer, but that doesn't seem to be available anymore.

The two listings are not consistent. The first listing includes "Complimentary laundry and professional cleaning services." However, the second listing does not mention laundry. In the past suites have had complimentary same day laundry - much faster than the Elite laundry. Same day laundry is no longer mentioned in either listing. The suite laundry was great, especially on voyages with a large number of Elites. I left my laundry out in the evening and always got it back the next day, even on voyages where Elite laundry was taking three or four days.

I don't know if Princess has cut out or reduced suite laundry or if they just weren't careful in editing their descriptions. With Princess, either of those is certainly possible. I would be interested in hearing from someone onboard as to whether or not suite laundry has changed.

The "Suite Experience" isn't comprehensive; I think that some of the features are listed under accomodations...For the Majestic, under accomodations, then Suites, it says Show Stateroom Features; when you click, this shows up:

Includes all the fine amenities of a spacious Reserve Collection Mini-Suite plus:

• Approx. 440 to 1,500 sq. ft., including balcony
  • Luxury balcony furniture including 2 loungers, 4 chairs, table and ottoman
  • 2 floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors
  • Separate sitting area with sofa bed, chair and 2 tables
  • One complimentary mini-bar setup and free daily bottled water
  • Spacious closet
  • Complimentary laundry and professional cleaning services
  • Complimentary Specialty Dining Dinner on embarkation evening^
  • Priority specialty dining and shore excursion reservation
  • Priority disembarkation at tender ports
  • Comfortable queen or two twin beds
  • Refrigerator
  • Two flat-panel televisions
  • Private bathroom with tub and separate shower
  • 100% cotton, high-thread count linens
  • Desk with chair
  • Hair dryer & fine bathroom amenities
  • Digital security safe
Edited by jwattle
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, antsp said:

Their are 0 benefits with a mini suite except a glass of welcome champagne 

It is not champagne - even PCL calls it "bubbly", which is probably about all you can say.  It is some kind of sparkling wine, but definitely not champagne.

20 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

It is not champagne - even PCL calls it "bubbly", which is probably about all you can say.  It is some kind of sparkling wine, but definitely not champagne.

Otherwise known as champoo

• Haha 2