LAFFNVEGAS Alaska Bound...Live September 3, 2023 HAL Westerdam

LAFFNVEGAS

I have to say our first impressions of this Dressy Night menu we both were not impressed. It is definitely not what it use to be for formal night but we actually walked out impressed and both enjoyed our meals and no it was not the whole bottle of Prosecco talking 😂
First I had the Potage Salferino which was Tomato Bisque Soup with a few tiny potatoes and a small dumpling. Then my main entree was Glazed Beef Tenderloin with Shrimp Newburg and the Warm Flour less Chocolate Cake. All three were excellent. 
Tom skipped the starter and had the Braised Short Ribs which he said were excellent and the Cherry Crisp. Of course he also enjoyed the bread basket which I have stayed away from.

I will admit I should have skipped dessert but for the past three months been cutting way back on most days I totally follow keto so I am feeling like I fell off the wagon 😂 I was mostly good for breakfast and lunch did the Free Dive which has the lettuce leaves instead of the bun.

IMG_4419.jpeg

IMG_4420.jpeg

IMG_4421.jpeg

IMG_4422.jpeg

IMG_4423.jpeg

• Like 17

After dinner we went to the Captains Toast and stayed to watch the first show of Major Fourth in a show called Sing. They are a quartet of three men and a lady. The show was good, the female vocalist was definitely the talent of the group. It was good to see something different for talent on HAL. Although just my opinion and others may not agree they still need to bump it up more to compete with Princess, NCL is even better but they have had some major cutbacks. I will not see those cutbacks till April. My guess is HAL sending their better new talent to the newer ships but I will see in December when we sail NS.

On a side note I mentioned the aft being extremely loud and vibrating more than I ever remembered, it lasted most of the day. Captain stated at one point we were going at 23 knots for most of last night and into today which was no wonder it was loud , he joked about going over the speed limit. Then about 30 minutes ago it suddenly got much quieter and the vibration stopped, it appears we will have smooth sailing for a while , he also made comment that he will have to speed again after we leave Ketchikan. 😉

I will give you some more pictures from tonight 

IMG_4413.jpeg

IMG_4424.jpeg

IMG_4425.jpeg

IMG_4428.jpeg

IMG_4429.jpeg

IMG_4430.jpeg

IMG_4433.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Yikes, I'm late to dinner. I'll start with the shrimp cocktail, nothing standing out for the main so probably the tenderloin, and cherry crisp for dessert, extra ice cream.

And I agree, this is fun. Thanks for continuing!

Extra ice cream...😁

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Sea42 said:

We only cruise every couple years or so. We have not seen all of the shows or gotten tired of the same old menus. I'm sure that's bound to happen though for those who cruise multiple times a year over many years.

We have multiple land trips scheduled between now and our next cruise. I can guarantee I won't remember what was on the menus of our last cruise!

I would never tire of the same old menus.  I have this fantastic rotation at home of fish, fish, and more fish and then some chicken.  I know I am certainly not hunting for new recipes at home, so a menu that rarely varies is a no big deal zone for me.

• Like 8