*LIVE* From the Norwegian Encore – 7-Night Alaska with Glacier Bay 9/03/2023

BirdTravels

Just now, cb2367 said:

@BirdTravels Thank you for posting this live report. I'm closely following it so I know what to expect for this weekend when I get onboard.

Can anyone use the TJ's luggage service? That would work perfectly for when I get back from the cruise to store my luggage before I head to the hotel. Is the crew shop only open to crew (just wondering in case any last minute things are needed).

Other than that, great report so far.

Have a great cruise. 

No idea if you can check bags at TJ

On 9/3/2023 at 8:21 PM, BirdTravels said:

wrt boarding, there was no priority seating. The back room boards before the front room. If you want to board early, be in the back room and lurk by the boarding door. 

Are you saying there was not any priority boarding for platinum and above?

Just now, vacation44 said:

Are you saying there was not any priority boarding for platinum and above?

There was no separate seating. And, because the waiting area is divided in two, unless you know where to position yourself, you may be mind half the people waiting (which is what happened last tine we left from the Bell Street terminal. 

9 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

There was no separate seating. And, because the waiting area is divided in two, unless you know where to position yourself, you may be mind half the people waiting (which is what happened last tine we left from the Bell Street terminal. 

Thank you.   I will try to remember that when we cruise on the Encore in 2025 from Seattle.

The Encore Theater hosts the Choir of Man, Magic, Comedy, BINGO, and many many more activities. 

The Bird often roosts in the production, sound, and lighting booth. Always so fascinated by the modern automation. So different from when The Bird was a young chick. 

IMG_8535.thumb.jpeg.73f3da490b15da1fb3df43efc68b5a80.jpegIMG_8543.thumb.jpeg.50719220e50233bf730ffd24f0e905aa.jpeg

IMG_8537.jpeg

IMG_8539.jpeg

IMG_8541.jpeg

IMG_8542.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The Encore Theater hosts the Choir of Man, Magic, Comedy, BINGO, and many many more activities. 

The Bird often roosts in the production, sound, and lighting booth. Always so fascinated by the modern automation. So different from when The Bird was a young chick. 

IMG_8535.thumb.jpeg.73f3da490b15da1fb3df43efc68b5a80.jpegIMG_8543.thumb.jpeg.50719220e50233bf730ffd24f0e905aa.jpeg

IMG_8537.jpeg

IMG_8539.jpeg

IMG_8541.jpeg

IMG_8542.jpeg

Who is the Production Manger currently on board?

• Like 1

Wow! Thank you so much for this astonishingly thorough report! No one could ask for more! 

Do you know if it’s possible to get reservations for Choir of Man on board? We booked last minute and very few options for pre booking ANYTHING exist. While this show is raved about there doesn’t appear to be any other production shows or one-offs? In the theater. 🫤 Entertainment seems to be more smaller venue comedy shows n such? 

7 hours ago, depplep said:

I see. I was just wondering how to ask without seeming tacky. "Hey, what do you have that's good and on sale?" 😁

They are pretty used to people asking, for sure.  Fancier words maybe "What is your recommendation among the wines that are eligible for the discount that comes with my drinks package?"   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, skittl1321 said:

They are pretty used to people asking, for sure.  Fancier words maybe "What is your recommendation among the wines that are eligible for the discount that comes with my drinks package?"   

We usually get Caymus and I will want Moet and/or Veuve.  And yes, much better way of asking.

3 hours ago, durberville said:

Wow! Thank you so much for this astonishingly thorough report! No one could ask for more! 

Do you know if it’s possible to get reservations for Choir of Man on board? We booked last minute and very few options for pre booking ANYTHING exist. While this show is raved about there doesn’t appear to be any other production shows or one-offs? In the theater. 🫤 Entertainment seems to be more smaller venue comedy shows n such? 

Choir of Man and Canvas by U reservations can be made in the Box Office, Deck 7, forward, starboard theater entrance. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/3/2023 at 10:04 PM, Uff da said:

Hey Bird, if you happen across the current wine list would you mind posting it? It would be much appreciated. I realize it changes all the time, but we're cruising soon and it might not be too off. Thanks!

The following is the wine list from the Cellars Wine Bar

IMG_9048.jpeg

IMG_9049.jpeg

IMG_9050.jpeg

IMG_9051.jpeg

IMG_9052.jpeg

IMG_9053.jpeg

IMG_9054.jpeg

IMG_9055.jpeg

IMG_8822.jpeg

IMG_8819.jpeg

IMG_8821.jpeg