*LIVE* From the Norwegian Encore – 7-Night Alaska with Glacier Bay 9/03/2023

BirdTravels

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from BirdTravels! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

BirdTravels was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Join The Bird, *live*, from the Norwegian Encore as she sails to the absolute best cruise destination, Alaska. This voyage is a round trip Seattle calling in Juneau, Skagway, the breathtaking Glacier Bay, Ketchikan, and Victoria.

The Norwegian Encore is a Breakaway Plus class ship that was delivered to NCL on October 30, 2019. She was christened by her godmother, Kelly Clarkson, in Miami on November 21, 2019. The Birds sailed on the Encore’s inaugural voyage on November 24, 2019. The Encore has an occupancy of 3998 guests and 1731 crew.

The Plan

Sun Seattle, Washington Depart 5:00 PM

Mon At Sea

Tue Juneau, Alaska 2:30 PM – 11:00 PM

Wed Skagway, Alaska 7:00 AM – 8:15 PM

Thu Glacier Bay 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM

Fri Ketchikan, Alaska 7:00 AM – 1:15 PM

Sat Victoria, Canada 8:00 PM – 11:59 PM

Sun Seattle, Washington Arrive 6:00 AM

Come along with The Bird on a Labor Day getaway to Alaska on the Norwegian Encore. 

image003.jpeg.04cb275738c08770a0850022105627ff.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This is an encore performance of The Birds’ trip on NCL’s first North American cruise after the long pandemic shutdown, the Great Cruise Comeback, on August 7, 2021. 

The Encore sailing in Endicott Arm On The Great Cruise Comeback 2001. 

image001.thumb.png.cce3ebdcc745770d8fce6ba6a69bcdaa.pngimage002.png.94f8d6d07a8da2bc34e2f20742a0c46e.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 3

When going on a cruise, there are many places to drink, eat, drink, and have fun. It all requires a bit of planning if you want to experience it all. 

Complimentary Restaurants: Manhattan Room (560 seats), Savor (262 seats), Taste (256 seats), Haven Restaurant (98 seats), The Local (199 seats), and the Garden Café Buffet (838 seats). 

Specialty Dining: Cagney’s Steakhouse (148 seats), Le Bistro (94 seats), Ocean Blue (136 seats), Onda (152 seats), Q Texas Smokehouse (202 seats), Teppanyaki (96 seats), Los Lobos (170 seats), Food Republic (90 seats), American Diner 146 seas), Starbucks (30 seats), Coco’s (28 seats).  

Bars and Lounges: A-List Bar (40 seats), Atrium Bar (121 seats), Maltings Whiskey Bar (46 seats), Mixx Bar (32 seats), Skyline Bar (19 seats), Cellars Wine Bar (34 seats), District Brew House (104 seats), Sugarcane Mojito Bar (50 seats), Waterfront Cavern Club Bar (seats), Waterfront Sugarcane Bar (8 seats), Horizons Lounge (64 seats), Haven Lounge (33 seats), Observation Lounge (99 seats)

Entertainment Venues: Theater (877 seats), The Social (139 seats), Cavern Club (152 seats).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CaptainBazz said:

We did this cruise on the Bliss last September...so much fun. Did you see the 'throwing' the fish in Pikes Place...what a laugh.

Will be following along...enjoy your cruise.

The Bliss left Seattle yesterday and calls at IPS and the Dawes Glacier. 
IMG_8069.thumb.jpeg.e9204aa7ca298bb6619dfdf263968580.jpeg

So happy to see another "Live" with @BirdTravels!    Very grateful for an update on Encore as we were last on her pre-covid, but will be on her again this winter.  

We enjoyed wandering around that marketplace.   I found a lovely blown glass Dragonfly last year.  Carefully packaged it up and it made it safely home with us.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise😎

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

@Sand and Seas the “rookies” are having their desired impact. There are only 126 “guests” on this cruise with over 4200 passengers. In the old days, there would be up to 7 times that number. But, there are still 4 people working the desk on this cruise.

Only 126?  That's a sadly low percentage of passengers.     

It does sound like more and more are moving to other cruise lines.    

• Like 2

Wish I was on my way to Alaska!

Will just have to enjoy your pictures instead😊

I lurk on the NCL boards and read posts & commentary very regularly- enjoy all the good information. I am an NCL cruiser - tend to have brand loyalty when we travel - like airlines & hotels.
But I am curious as to what you mean by “guests” in regards to passengers. I assume rookies are first time cruisers?

Have learned a lot of cruise vernacular over the last seven years - but “guests” is new to me😬

Thanks - enjoy your cruise😎

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

This is an encore performance of The Birds’ trip on NCL’s first North American cruise after the long pandemic shutdown, the Great Cruise Comeback, on August 7, 2021. 

The Encore sailing in Endicott Arm On The Great Cruise Comeback 2001. 

image001.thumb.png.cce3ebdcc745770d8fce6ba6a69bcdaa.pngimage002.png.94f8d6d07a8da2bc34e2f20742a0c46e.png

OH MY G-D!!!! 

Live reviews from @justhappy AND @BirdTravels? Seeing both of your names makes me smile and being 21 days away from the same ship and itinerary gives me (as the kids say) "all of the feels". 

Thank you both for taking the time to entertain the excited masses...safe travels!

Warmest Amy

• Like 3