Matching loyalty program documentation

Burrata

Hello!

Have booked a VV cruise and would like to submit a request for match. I have platinum status on NCL. I did read you upload an image to prove status. Is it just enough to submit a screen shot of my name and status or should I screen shot the list of all cruises taken with NCL?

TIA

1 minute ago, Burrata said:

Is it just enough to submit a screen shot of my name and status or should I screen shot the list of all cruises taken with NCL?

TIA

Yes.....make sure your name, member # and status level are all there, and you're good to go.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Where do you go to upload the image?  In the app?  I need to do this and customer service has been non responsive to emails so far.

Screenshot is fine.  Go to the website (not app).  Scroll down to "loyalty,"  Look for the 3 ways to qualify and click on "Status Match."  You 'll see the application and just upload your screenshot after you enter your identifying info and booking number.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, VV is quite specific.  NOTHING carries over from your previous cruise lne.  What happens is that you qualify as a Sea Rover on VV.  This status gives you Deep Blue Extras which is a collection of perks including a  $100 bar tab (in addition to any other you have),  $10 per day credit in The Grounds Club (premium coffee and tea), a large bag of laundry washed, folded , and returned the next day, priority boarding, invitation to a cocktail party,  free premium wifi (everyone gets free standard wifi), etc.  All benefits are per cabin, not per person.

Status match does NOT mean that they are going to give you what you qualified for on another line; it means that they are going to give you loyalty status on VV.

Edited by cantgetin
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, cantgetin said:

Actually, VV is quite specific.  NOTHING carries over from your previous cruise lne.  What happens is that you qualify as a Sea Rover on VV.  This status gives you Deep Blue Extras which is a collection of perks including a  $100 bar tab (in addition to any other you have),  $10 per day credit in The Grounds Club (premium coffee and tea), a large bag of laundry washed, folded , and returned the next day, priority boarding, invitation to a cocktail party,  free premium wifi (everyone gets free standard wifi), etc.  All benefits are per cabin, not per person.

Status match does NOT mean that they are going to give you what you qualified for on another line; it means that they are going to give you loyalty status on VV.

Yeah, there is no way that they could match what each person had on their specific line. That would be madness!

The biggest thing (for me) is the 10% cruise discount, actually. My TA called them and got them to approve the match that I had submitted and got the 10% applied to my already fully paid cruise. What's interesting is that I ended up with a $380 credit (which will apparently be refunded to my credit card within a couple of weeks), but my fare was only $3000 ($3300 if you don't count the MNVV discount). So, I have no idea where the other $500 that they based the discount on came from, but who am I to complain! I wonder if now that they've inflated the regular price of the cruise to $4400 in the current 25% off promotion, whether it would be based on that number for new bookings?

Edited by MisterBill99

Update -- found this in the FAQ's. So, it's certainly possible that with the new inflated fares and 25% discount (which still comes to more than I paid) the 10% discount will be higher than it was previously. It's also possible that when I booked, it was showing a regular price of $3800 with a $500 discount, thus the $380 credit. Which still leaves me with a lower final price because of the fare increase. 

The 10% Sail-Again Saving Bonus will be calculated as 10% off the voyage fare before any combinable discounts. At the time of booking, the Sailor must enter their unique Access Key during checkout or call into Sailor Services, so that they may validate the Sailor’s loyal status to receive the offer.

Edited by MisterBill99

33 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

Update -- found this in the FAQ's. So, it's certainly possible that with the new inflated fares and 25% discount (which still comes to more than I paid) the 10% discount will be higher than it was previously. It's also possible that when I booked, it was showing a regular price of $3800 with a $500 discount, thus the $380 credit. Which still leaves me with a lower final price because of the fare increase. 

The 10% Sail-Again Saving Bonus will be calculated as 10% off the voyage fare before any combinable discounts. At the time of booking, the Sailor must enter their unique Access Key during checkout or call into Sailor Services, so that they may validate the Sailor’s loyal status to receive the offer.

I don’t get it, I am dumb😀

2 minutes ago, Back to school said:

I don’t get it, I am dumb😀

Before: Regular price $3800, $500 discount, cruise price $3300. 10% discount based on $3800 = $380, final price = $2920.

Now: Regular price $4590, $1100 discount, cruise price $3490. 10% discount based on $4590 = $459, final price = $3031.

3 hours ago, warmwinds said:

We spaced out and thought the $10 specialty coffee per day was per person, not per cabin.  Luckily we had way more bar tab than we could possibly use so it wasn't an issue.

Yes, and the laundry is also per cabin rather than per sailor on Celebrity (not sure about other lines).

35 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

Before: Regular price $3800, $500 discount, cruise price $3300. 10% discount based on $3800 = $380, final price = $2920.

Now: Regular price $4590, $1100 discount, cruise price $3490. 10% discount based on $4590 = $459, final price = $3031.

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

Have you guys been able to apply the 10% to existing bookings or did you need to cancel and rebook?

My TA got them to apply it to my booked and paid cruise, which I had foolishly paid in full rather than waiting for the 10% to credit. It apparently isn't done automatically. If you booked yourself, contact them directly.