Formal Night

Gregrat

7 minutes ago, Gregrat said:

I’ve seen it somewhere on the website and I know it’s been mentioned here on the board but I cannot remember how many nights are required in order to have a formal night included.

Help me out here.

Thanks…Greg

From the FAQ section on the Crystal website:

Formal Evening

On sailings over seven days, there will be at least one optional ship-wide formal night (depending on the length of the segment), which will require more formal cocktail chic attire. These special events will be defined in your personal pre-sailing guide.

Suggestions for a Formal Evening look:

Women

Cocktail dresses or gowns

Suits Evening skirts or pants with an elegant top

Evening shoes

Men

Suits or tuxedos

Shirts

Dress shoes

Ties (optional)

Greg seven or more is what the site says. There could be exceptions as is the case with the September 18 Symphony cruise which is 8 days but because it is port intensive they decided no formal night.  We have asked them to add this type of information to the My Account planner to make it easier for people to plan.

Keith

On 9/3/2023 at 5:37 PM, Keith1010 said:

Greg seven or more is what the site says. There could be exceptions as is the case with the September 18 Symphony cruise which is 8 days but because it is port intensive they decided no formal night.  We have asked them to add this type of information to the My Account planner to make it easier for people to plan.

Keith

Thank you for that information. We are booked on that cruise and had no idea there wouldn’t be a formal night ~ a few items of clothing we can leave at home!

1 minute ago, Redtravel said:

I had hoped that formal nights would be eliminated with the new Crystal.  Gave away formal clothing.  Optional formal doesn’t make Crystal an option to the more casual folks.  

Why? It's optional. The only tuxes I saw on my recent Serenity cruise, one night out of ten, were on the waiters. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Why? It's optional. The only tuxes I saw on my recent Serenity cruise, one night out of ten, were on the waiters. 

How was your cruise? Will you post a review? Were you traveling solo? I would like to know how is the overall experience for solo travelers.

Ivi

1 hour ago, travelberlin said:

How was your cruise? Will you post a review? Were you traveling solo? I would like to know how is the overall experience for solo travelers.

Ivi

Yes, I was solo, but there were numerous people I knew, so had drinks and/or dinner with people I knew often. I’m probably not the person to ask about solo travelers as I’ve lived alone for 54 years so I don’t mind (often prefer) eating alone. 

Crystal is back and if you liked it before, you won’t be disappointed. 

• Like 7

17 hours ago, Redtravel said:

I had hoped that formal nights would be eliminated with the new Crystal.  Gave away formal clothing.  Optional formal doesn’t make Crystal an option to the more casual folks.  

I am just glad that Crystal came back.

If you want to dine casually on formal nights I would recommend Tastes.

The police were not out and I did see some in casual attire in Waterside.

The majority of people were in one of the options for formal attire. The revised write-up is actually a little more formal the way it's written than it was before Crystal folded. 

Bottom line there is flexibility if you don't wish to dress up including dining venue.

Also on 7 days or less no formal nights and even on Symphony's 8 day cruise since it was port intensive no formal night.

Keith