Car Rental for the Day

Mandango

Most car rentals are at the airport.  Andy’s has a Seven Mile Beach location, and I think there used to be one other local company that had a spot downtown, but I don’t know if that one survived the lockdown.  The airport is easy enough to get to by taxi, or you could check if your favourite international chain has a port pickup option.

As for what to do, a car rental is most useful if you want to explore the further parts of the island from the port.  I don’t recommend it for things like Seven Mile Beach, Hell or the turtle farm, that’s much easier by taxi or bus.  What types of things were you interested in seeing?  Party makeup?  A little more detail will help guide my responses, please.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
14 hours ago, CRUSINGFAMILY said:

Bookbabe - would you be able to help us with the cost of doing local bus, what bus # and where to get the bus to go to the turtle farm?

Route KYD USD
George Town - West Bay $2 $2.50
George Town - Bodden Town $2 $2.50
George Town - East End $3.50 $4.37
George Town - North Side $3.50 $4.37
George Town - Cayman Kai $8 $10
George Town - Walkers Road and Olympic Way $2 $2.50

Bus Depot Hours

Monday–Friday 6am–7pm
Alternate Saturdays 7:30am-4pm
A limited service operates on Sunday

image.thumb.png.1f7e772bc8055dfeebd9a064b720d1b4.png

• Like 2

On 1/3/2024 at 1:10 AM, CRUSINGFAMILY said:

Bookbabe - would you be able to help us with the cost of doing local bus, what bus # and where to get the bus to go to the turtle farm?

Thankfully, someone else posted.  We have a car, so I never take the bus.  🙂

On 1/4/2024 at 9:50 AM, bookbabe said:

Thankfully, someone else posted.  We have a car, so I never take the bus.  🙂

Would you recommend renting a car and going to the other side of Cayman (blowholes, beaches)?  We were actually looking into doing that possibly just to explore as we really haven't been on that side.  

5 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Would you recommend renting a car and going to the other side of Cayman (blowholes, beaches)?  We were actually looking into doing that possibly just to explore as we really haven't been on that side.  

If you are a confident driver and comfortable with roundabouts and driving on the left, sure.  Lots to see and do outside of George Town and SMB.

• Like 1

Thank you for the bus link Vettebuff! We will be there in a couple weeks and this is super helpful. Do they announce stops? I’m thinking we might go to Hell (🤣) first and then back to public beach for the rest of the day. Or would Governors Beach be better? We would like somewhere where we can get something to drink, (soda water maybe a beer). Knowing we want the yellow bus makes it less worrisome. 

Edited by kona_wahine