Free Burgers??

Scubadoc

2 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

The meat looks kinda dry (overcooked)? And no spread or fixings on the sandwich? Or do you add those to your liking? Bread looks good 🙂

I may want to skip these after all after seeing this.. 

Oy vey! 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

The meat looks kinda dry (overcooked)? And no spread or fixings on the sandwich? Or do you add those to your liking? Bread looks good 🙂

I may want to skip these after all after seeing this.. 

The person who makes the sandwich has all the fixings . I usually get jus and horseradish.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

When I make special requests, the crew don't seem bothered at all in fact I think they are happy to comply thinking they will get that "10" they are so keen on.  They have always delivered with a smile and seem to go out of their way to please.  Of course honey always catches more flies and a smile and "Could you please..." makes most requests bearable for them.  Anyway, I've never had any bad reactions; more that they seem proud of themselves for achieving  the request...and if they could not comply I never made a fuss.  Politeness goes a long long way with crew.  So out of all requests, I'd say 90% were answered satisfactorily.  That's why my standard line is "You have not because you ask not". I've mentioned a couple of requests here before like the one for a discontinued "She Crab Soup".  I was the only person in the dining room with that soup and had it for 3 nights straight!  That represents what even the chef is happy to do to make a loyal customer.  The Matr'd got an envelope that cruise.  Our table servers got extra for hot rolls the entire cruise.  And I like powdered sugar on my French Toast, server got tipped in the Windjammer for that one too.  It took a while and they brought 2 different types before the linguistics problem was solved.  They called it "Bakers sugar" LOL

I have no guilt whatsoever for asking.............

Waaaay back when, I was in the food service industry, and we had a term for certain customers. You may have heard of it.. We called them 'high maintenance'. 😉

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Waaaay back when, I was in the food service industry, and we had a term for certain customers. You may have heard of it.. We called them 'high maintenance'. 😉

Did you and your team also spit in their food. 🙃 We called those restaurants, puke and choke. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

We called them 'high maintenance'

They certainly don't call me that.  We don't even require much and keep our cabin ship shape.  We've had stewards remember us by name on other ships 3 or 4 years apart.  They call me Ms. Rebecca and some of them are on a hug basis.  I'm happy with it.  Sour dispositions are not my fortay.  I don't think my small requests are worth their angst...and certainly not worth yours.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

They certainly don't call me that.  We don't even require much and keep our cabin ship shape.  We've had stewards remember us by name on other ships 3 or 4 years apart.  They call me Ms. Rebecca and some of them are on a hug basis.  I'm happy with it.  Sour dispositions are not my fortay.  I don't think my small requests are worth their angst...and certainly not worth yours.

You are famous.  😉

image.thumb.png.0ba753a6e2038d36146dc1bf6e4430af.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, doghog said:

Did you and your team also spit in their food. 🙃 We called those restaurants, puke and choke. 🤣

I've actually heard of restaurant staff (full disclosure, not me or my staff) doing worse things than spitting in food.
A word of advice, NEVER send a steak back to the kitchen because it wasn't cooked to your liking. You've been warned 😬

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

I've actually heard of restaurant staff (full disclosure, not me or my staff) doing worse things than spitting in food.
A word of advice, NEVER send a steak back to the kitchen because it wasn't cooked to your liking. You've been warned 😬

Sorry, the rule is: You may send a steak back once. But, if you send it back a second time, prepare to receive a steak with footprints or other foreign matter. 

Side note: while at a Captain’s table on Celebrity an attendee decided to send back his steak, twice. This didn’t sit well with the Captain. He called the rest of the attendees to a special lunch leaving out the offender. And mentioning the issue a couple times during the lunch. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, GimmeOcean said:

I had these on Anthem a couple times and wondered what the fuss was about. Everybody raves about them but they were kind of meh.

Maybe I'm spoiled because NY has really great Beef on Weck sandwiches. 

At least it was free.

I had one once on Oasis. I never had another one.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Sorry, the rule is: You may send a steak back once. But, if you send it back a second time, prepare to receive a steak with footprints or other foreign matter.

I disagree.. from my experience in the industry (again, not first hand experience), sending it back once is often enough to trigger unpleasant results when it come back.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KroozNut said:

I have on occasion on ship and land. I'm still healthy, well and very much alive. Once again...^^

• Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 9:33 AM, GimmeOcean said:

I had these on Anthem a couple times and wondered what the fuss was about. Everybody raves about them but they were kind of meh.

Maybe I'm spoiled because NY has really great Beef on Weck sandwiches. 

At least it was free.

BTW, here's what I decided to have last night somewhat inspired by this thread... local place's Wednesday Weck special. 

I don't expect Royal's to be as big but I do think they need to use a meat slicer and give au jus instead of whatever the gravy was they had... and raise the meat/roll ratio. Anyway, back to burgers...

wedweck.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, KroozNut said:

If I have a steak that was not to my liking, I ask for a totally new steak and I usually get it.  Then I check it out carefully.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, GimmeOcean said:

BTW, here's what I decided to have last night somewhat inspired by this thread... local place's Wednesday Weck special. 

I don't expect Royal's to be as big but I do think they need to use a meat slicer and give au jus instead of whatever the gravy was they had... and raise the meat/roll ratio. Anyway, back to burgers...

wedweck.jpeg

That sandwich looks REALLY good, and the rings do too!

• Like 1