Experience with dry cleaning

Hi, 

Because it is actually much cheaper than at home we were planning on having husband's suit dry cleaned during our Anthem cruise. 

However been reading some negative things about laundry in general and now somewhat apprehensive. 

Does anyone here have experience with their dry cleaning? 

Normally they are fine with dry cleaning, I often will get a jacket done after wearing it on the flight across.

You do have to be careful though with anything they might think should be washed instead.  I sent a pair of jeans to be dry cleaned and they washed them and shrank them at least a size or two.

Their industrial washer/dryers put out so much heat I never send anything for washing if I can help it.

• Thanks 1

Have done laundry and dry cleaning on board.  Never any problems.  I think pricey of course.  We get some free laundry.   I never put anything that I would hand wash in the laundry and limit my laundry to pj's, underware and inexpensive tee shirts.  The dry cleaning is as good as home.

One morning on the Symphony I had spilled coffee on a pair of joggers. Sent them to be cleaned but they came back with a crisp crease down both legs. Who has creases on joggers/workout pants? I never thought I would have to ask that they don't put a crease on them as if they were dress pants, and I don't know if my request for no crease would be properly conveyed to the laundry people.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Marga.Anders said:

Because it is actually much cheaper than at home we were planning on having husband's suit dry cleaned during our Anthem cruise. 

However been reading some negative things about laundry in general and now somewhat apprehensive. 

You be should be apprehensive. It may be cheaper but it could be you get waht yo pay for. I had my Blue Blazer dry cleaned on Celebrity and they ruined it. I believe they over pressed it. I would not send anything expensive to the laundry on any cruise line. 

16 hours ago, UKWLDCruise said:

Normally they are fine with dry cleaning, I often will get a jacket done after wearing it on the flight across.

You do have to be careful though with anything they might think should be washed instead.  I sent a pair of jeans to be dry cleaned and they washed them and shrank them at least a size or two.

Their industrial washer/dryers put out so much heat I never send anything for washing if I can help it.

Agree, never issue dry cleaning, so far anyway. They do great job on Pressing items. As said HOT WATER washing, seen fading and wear on multiple items myself...