Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

image.jpeg.56efd7fdc8c5f8de704153038eaaf2a1.jpeg

This is a new level of low. Is that supposed to be Eggs Benedict? Cut up hot dogs with potatoes? I remember my mom making that for dinner at the end of the month in the 60’s. I can’t imagine who thought it was a good idea to serve it on a cruise ship. I can’t figure out what is in the forefront of the picture.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, techteach said:

image.jpeg.56efd7fdc8c5f8de704153038eaaf2a1.jpeg

This is a new level of low. Is that supposed to be Eggs Benedict? Cut up hot dogs with potatoes? I remember my mom making that for dinner at the end of the month in the 60’s. I can’t imagine who thought it was a good idea to serve it on a cruise ship. I can’t figure out what is in the forefront of the picture.

The hot dogs were separate from the potatoes but I get your point. I've not found a cruise ship breakfast buffet I've enjoyed yet, Carnival's is just extra bad.

The item at the front is an arepa. It's the best thing on the plate. It comes from the Blue Iguana which is the best quick causual spot for breakfast if you don't want to do a sit down breakfast.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jam19872016 said:

I wish they hadn't chopped up those hot dogs now. The ones they are serving now are different. I guess it's what they can source from Europe and it was honestly the worse hot dog I've ever eaten. 

That would be unexpected.  I found the food from Europe almost universally better than what we have in the US.

• Like 2

Just now, chryso said:

That would be unexpected.  I found the food from Europe almost universally better than what we have in the US.

I've heard beef is very different than what we have. This wasn't even a beef hot dog which I'm not sure of what Carnival usually serves is a real beef hot dog, but this was not what they usually source. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

I wish they hadn't chopped up those hot dogs now. The ones they are serving now are different. I guess it's what they can source from Europe and it was honestly the worse hot dog I've ever eaten. 

BTW did you notice the pineapple upside down cake?

• Haha 10

2 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Weather getting yucky. Slightly misty but starting to turn into rain. I got 3 out of 4 miles in.

Seas aren't bad so far just a slight rock to remind us we are at sea without knocking us around.

Today's coffee is being enjoyed in Habana. The music is on but not unbearably loud like last cruise. I haven't figured out how to turn it off in this room, but as I said it's not too terribly loud.

16986708873634387965692221350804.thumb.jpg.000e86aa13b9b363b52ba5e3d0f3387b.jpg

Your quest on these sea days should be to scour all of the lounges on the ship to find the off switch for the music.  Then post the list as for all Conquest class…. EM

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, chryso said:

You seem to have become quite adept at spotting the pineapples.  Cruising any time soon? 😉

Only on Cunard - where I don’t think I’ve ever seen any sort of decoration on anybody’s door, except perhaps a few inches of tinsel at Christmas. 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jam19872016 said:

The hot dogs were separate from the potatoes but I get your point. I've not found a cruise ship breakfast buffet I've enjoyed yet, Carnival's is just extra bad.

The item at the front is an arepa. It's the best thing on the plate. It comes from the Blue Iguana which is the best quick causual spot for breakfast if you don't want to do a sit down breakfast.

Just throw some ketchup on everything and you’re set!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jam19872016 said:

. I've not found a cruise ship breakfast buffet I've enjoyed yet, Carnival's is just extra bad.

This is so true.  The omelets are cooked in some kind of oil that is a total turnoff.  And what passes for eggs benedict sitting under a heat lamp?  Hard pass.  Soggy bacon and inedible scrambled eggs. Yuck.   HAL and Princess have a decent biscuit and gravy combo . . . but Carnival doesn't even have that on offer any more.  I am now reduced to eating fruit and cottage cheese at the breakfast buffet.  OK, the fruit is good and is good for me.  Sigh.   

• Like 2