Seriously now-how many of you are REALLY looking at other cruise lines because of the CEO's changes going on?

Linda W.

38 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

Nothing is different. Lain is not his name, it’s Iain, more commonly spelled Ian. 

You beat me to it Gracie!

Thank you I will not make that mistake again. My last boss before retirement was an Ian.

Edited by terrydtx

37 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

Nothing is different. Lain is not his name, it’s Iain, more commonly spelled Ian. 

You beat me to it Gracie!

Oh I get it.  Capital I (eye), not lower case l (el).

I used to work with a guy named Eoen from England (sounds like Owen)

How do you phonetically pronounce Iain?

Edited by Cruise till you drop

1 hour ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Maybe it’s just me that doesn’t get it but other capital letter L, what’s the difference between I-a-i-n and L-a-i-n ?

One has the letter "L", the other doesn't. It's a capital "i" not a small "L"

This is such an interesting thread, we’ve just returned from our first X cruise and we loved it, we also loved sailing from Southampton which means no sitting in airports for hours followed by hours on a plane, so now we’re hooked, but looking at 2024 from Southampton doesn’t give us too many options of cruise lines and I’m not convinced by the IV on the Apex (plus the ££££) so I think it may have to be Princess next for us as we can’t afford MSC YC 

More than cruises - we are now cancelling 1/2 of the cruises we planned in the future.

We are now confirmed for land vacations in Europe, south Asia etc.

Our TA has Concierge services that provides customized driver, vehicle and guides that will take us anywhere we want, anywhere in the World!. 

Used this in Rio and it was outstanding. We decided what local restaurants we wished, they brought us to the restaurant, they talked to management and they waited outside the restaurant - we had communication with our concierge if we needed it. Did not wait for any activities, we got to the 1st of the line for anything we wanted.

Just loved the service.

Folks - YOU have the option to get out of the CRUISE RUT and see the real world.

We are not interested anymore in having yet another meal in X, Y, Z restaurant on a ship. Blah. Done that.

There is a Big world out there and we wish to see the Reality of it.

Up to you all, but realize there is more of the world to see other than via a cruise.

What ever you decide, enjoy.

Time is precious and it is slipping away - Maximize it.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, QuestionEverything said:

More than cruises - we are now cancelling 1/2 of the cruises we planned in the future.

We are now confirmed for land vacations in Europe, south Asia etc.

Our TA has Concierge services that provides customized driver, vehicle and guides that will take us anywhere we want, anywhere in the World!. 

Used this in Rio and it was outstanding. We decided what local restaurants we wished, they brought us to the restaurant, they talked to management and they waited outside the restaurant - we had communication with our concierge if we needed it. Did not wait for any activities, we got to the 1st of the line for anything we wanted.

Just loved the service.

Folks - YOU have the option to get out of the CRUISE RUT and see the real world.

We are not interested anymore in having yet another meal in X, Y, Z restaurant on a ship. Blah. Done that.

There is a Big world out there and we wish to see the Reality of it.

Up to you all, but realize there is more of the world to see other than via a cruise.

What ever you decide, enjoy.

Time is precious and it is slipping away - Maximize it.

I'll bite...Roughly how much was your Rio trip, per person, all in?

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I'll bite...Roughly how much was your Rio trip, per person, all in?

If you need to ask you can’t afford it

also it is the internet, do believe everything a person posts , especially when they are posting all the time on a cruise line they have they haven’t been on in 5 years 🤔🧂

IMG_5993.jpeg.ddae00b6eb68bb19b975102d8aa12dbc.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/9/2023 at 2:50 AM, the penguins said:

Every ship had a group - 4 lads who sang without music. They performed a couple of times a day in various venues - Grand Foyer, Celebrity Central, etc doing sets of around 15 to 20 minutes. The repatoire included songs from classic musicals (for example  Le Mis) opera, barber shop and comic ( the "messed up version of The 12 days of Christmas was our favorite). If you were lucky they also did a spot in the Main Theatre and a full late night show in Sky Lounge. The groups were dropped as it was much cheaper to have one performer playing "electronic" music for longer periods. 

The little sandwiches in Al Bacio every morning seemed to disappear at around the same time.Yup cost cutting started way before Covid.

I think back then it was the Cova Cafe. 

I booked cruises on other lines that are considered a step above X.  .  I have 10 cruises booked on X all in suites   If  my experiences on the other lines are better I will just bite the bullet and gladly forfeit the $100 pp service fee.    Ironically those other cruises don’t cost about the same.

It may result  that I will end  up thanking Celebrity for making me going outside the box and not being blind as a loyal cruiser, I only need a few more points for zenith.   I don’t want to keep throwing away my hard earned dollars for an inferior product if that is want it has become.    I don’t mind paying for quality but it appears as if it no longer there on Celebrity.. Will find out first hand on our next cruise as  the payment has been made.  

I hope it isn’t as bad as we think.   My money is gone.💰

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 4

On 9/6/2023 at 1:56 PM, Cruise Junky said:

I booked 2025 on Azamara.  I’m also in the market for a spring Alaska cruise that I was eyeing Solstice but now leaning towards Ruby Princess or Koningsdam.  We’ll see.   

Remember Princess and HAL have the most permits into Glacier Bay. Celebrity has none. Ruby is a bit old. Try the newer Discovery or Majestic Princess or the Koningsdam.  

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, the penguins said:

From memory it was Cova on the M class ships and changed with the introduction of S class.

For me Cova was a better coffee (richer and with more flavour),

All the coffee on the ships is now Lavazza.

I really like the M & S class. I love the public spaces on the Edge class, but not the IV. I will never understand why they committed to 4 ships like that until they got feedback from the public AND continued on with the Ascent when they were bleeding money. Virgin put their latest ship on hold.

I don't know if Celebrity reads Cruise Critic anymore, but here's my 2 cents. Of all the ship forums I follow on Cruise Critic, and there are many, for a lot of years, the recent Celebrity forums are the most negative, I'm not saying this to be negative about the forum, but Celebrity itself. The cruise line has made , or threatened to make more negative changes than anyone else, including the recent Princess changes. I, too, have decided to look elsewhere for our next cruise because, to me, the value is no longer there.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Keys Kathy said:

I really like the M & S class. I love the public spaces on the Edge class, but not the IV. I will never understand why they committed to 4 ships like that until they got feedback from the public AND continued on with the Ascent when they were bleeding money. Virgin put their latest ship on hold.

There is actually a contracted 5th E Class ship, unnamed, but due to be out in 2025 or 26.

46 minutes ago, Keys Kathy said:

Edge class has been on the water since 2018.  They have had plenty of time to evaluate acceptance.  Judging by bookings it is obvious that it isnt a problem. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I don't know if Celebrity reads Cruise Critic anymore, but here's my 2 cents. Of all the ship forums I follow on Cruise Critic, and there are many, for a lot of years, the recent Celebrity forums are the most negative, I'm not saying this to be negative about the forum, but Celebrity itself. The cruise line has made , or threatened to make more negative changes than anyone else, including the recent Princess changes. I, too, have decided to look elsewhere for our next cruise because, to me, the value is no longer there.

Cruise Critic is a very, very small subset of cruisers. Many people are signed up, few post.  

X probably looks at CC occasionally, but isnt basing corporate policy on what is said here.