Celebrity's new "All Inclusive" 2023 style

Keys Kathy

On 9/6/2023 at 4:32 PM, Keys Kathy said:

Celebrity is starting their new "All Inclusive" on Oct 4th. 

If I am reading it correctly, it looks like the only things included are a drink package and wifi. No more tips. I am sure the price for AI hasn't dropped. Another rip-off from X. Thoughts?

ENHANCED FLEXIBILITY AND CHOICE

Starting October 4, 2023, newly purchased All Included packages 
will include our most popular amenities, Classic Drinks and Basic Wi-Fi 
for all guests in the stateroom. These inclusions will continue to provide 
a significant savings of $200-$800 per person compared 
to onboard pricing.

I own a bridge in Brooklyn I'm willing to sell you a piece!  All included IS NOT Celebrity.  It's the LUXURY lines. 

Celebrity's ALL included package is ALL they're willing to give you for the price they're willing to charge you.

If you believe them, you really should buy parts of my bridge! It's priced at 50% off the second piece after I raised the price 200%.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, DYKWIA said:

I'm guessing that we are reaching the point where everything will be cut out or back so that they can add it all back in again....in one of 1001 promotions and enhancements 

1 of 3 things will happen: 

1. Incrementally reduce inclusions and go completely a la carte like Royal Caribbean which allows them to advertise a lower base fare. (This was the real reason cruise-only rates were introduced after AI)

2. Let the dust settle on removing gratuities then rename All Included to something more fitting. 

3. Let the dust settle on removing gratuities then offer a 2/3/4 inclusion option like in the past that offers a one-to-one match for the current All Included/drinks and WiFi setup. 

Ever since drink packages were introduced (~2103?) the name of the inclusion packages have changed over time.  1/2/3 Go, Go Big, Go Better, Go Best, Always Included, etc. over time.

Spit balling here ...

I am wondering if the removal of gratuities from the AI package is part of an upcoming plan to make Celebrity a "Tipping Built Into The fare/Additional Tipping Discouraged" cruise offering (like some land resorts).

Celebrity might have tipped their hand with their "Tipping?  Don't - we have it covered" mantra with Suites.

This change would be in-sync with Americans' (and others'?)  frustration with a out-of-control tipping culture that started with the Pandemic and now a hand-out is requested/mandated(?) with almost every bill, in paper receipts and with almost every electronic transaction.

I could imagine a "We Feel Your Pain" campaign.

The "devil is in the details" would apply, but this could benefit both crew and pax, if done right.  The crew would be able to have a proper and reliable wage, without having the need to artificially "kiss butt" to their customers, but, rather, provide an authentic experience for all.  I propose that the crew would still give their usual friendly and competent service, with an eye to excellence rather than expedience.

Just a thought.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mdcelebrity said:

Spit balling here ...

I am wondering if the removal of gratuities from the AI package is part of an upcoming plan to make Celebrity a "Tipping Built Into The fare/Additional Tipping Discouraged" cruise offering (like some land resorts).

Celebrity might have tipped their hand with their "Tipping?  Don't - we have it covered" mantra with Suites.

This change would be in-sync with Americans' (and others'?)  frustration with a out-of-control tipping culture that started with the Pandemic and now a hand-out is requested/mandated(?) with almost every bill, in paper receipts and with almost every electronic transaction.

I could imagine a "We Feel Your Pain" campaign.

The "devil is in the details" would apply, but this could benefit both crew and pax, if done right.  The crew would be able to have a proper and reliable wage, without having the need to artificially "kiss butt" to their customers, but, rather, provide an authentic experience for all.  I propose that the crew would still give their usual friendly and competent service, with an eye to excellence rather than expedience.

Just a thought.

Good post.  But the staff don’t fake it.  They like me.  They REALLY like me!  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2