Edge Embark Times

Verrazano278

Already answered on your other thread, which is at the better place, the Italy board.

Again, can't recommend embarking the day you arrive. Rome is a wonderful city, and jetlag will not help you enjoy your first couple of days.

As mentioned on your other post, 1 or 1:30pm.

15 hours ago, Verrazano278 said:
My Delta Airlines Flight # 66 from Atlanta is scheduled to arrive in Rome Airport at 10:35 AM on Saturday Sept 30th.
What time do you think I should schedule my embarkation to the Celebrity Edge in Civitavecchia?

Been a while since I did this but the cruise port is anywhere from 1 hour to 2.5 hours away from Rome (depending on if you use a taxi/private car vs public transport bus /train). Plus factor in Passport control and customs when you arrive plus time to get to your preferred conveyance to port (car, taxi, train, etc). so maybe 2-3:00 pm embarkation? Hopefully others that have done this more recently can give you a better reckoning of time.

I would figure 1 hour for luggage and passport control.  If you have a driver meeting you figure 1 1/4 hours to get to the port.  I have never taken public transportation to tge port in Rome.  If you show up after your assigned check in time it isn’t a problem as long as you are there by the last check in time.

Civitavecchia Is not really close to Rome at all. Italian trains are not reliable and traffic can be bad. Add the potential of airline delays you have a recipe for disaster. If you are getting the transfer through the cruise you have some protection  Even more if they are arranging your flight. But even with their guarantee of getting you to the ship at the next port, would you really want to miss your whole first day? Not to mention the stress as you watch the clock tick. Get Rome a day early, relax, take the earliest train possible to Civitavecchia. If the cruise is planning your air, they will get you there a day early if you request. If you want to take the cruise transfer to the port, stay near the airport and go back to the airport the next morning for the transfer. Take the earliest you can.