9/7/2023. THURSDAY WEIGH-IN

Izena

Good morning everyone.  I’m down 1.2 lbs.   Have curbed the sugar cravings.  Scales are crazy during week up and down rarely weigh the same day to day.

Had another high blood pressure incident / er visit.  Finally was brave enough to take bp med during episode  have lowest dose no help after 2 hours so took another still didn’t change and the got dizzy, vomited x 2 that’s when I called 911.  It’s back under semi control. But have referral to a neurologist.   I’m still not getting in any walks.  

slab gets installed today. Generator in two weeks.  Lights flicker periodically.  I’m anticipating power outages next year if we have a good soaking rain and winds.   Since trees are starting to die from the excessive heat —over 62 days over 100 and. Level 2 drought.   

Everyone take care of yourselves and I think it might be a good idea to get those masks back out.  Just to be ready

Izena - I'm sorry you are having bp problems - when is your visit to the neurologist - hope you don't have a long wait.

I stayed the same as last week - disappointed, but haven't done much exercising.  Was hoping to lose at least 10# before our cruise the middle of October, but scales aren't moving (guess I need to move more!).

Hope everyone has a good week.  Jan

Izena...scary!  Hope they figure out what is going on.  I was down 1 pound today.  So the last round of cruises I gained 1 pound.  I will take it!  Leave in the morning headed to Fort Lauderdale for second round of cruising.  We go Western Caribbean first so should not have any problems with Lee.  Later on we go to ABC islands.  Always fun!

Hold the fort down while I'm gone and will talk later...Susan

Hello all, it's been 2 weeks since I last weighed in - things have been very busy for me since school started back up. Anyway, I've lost 2 lbs since then! Our cruise is only 5 weeks away now! I'm still hoping to lose another 5 pounds before then.

Temps have cooled down and lower humidity here, thank goodness! I am having trouble with my Achilles tendon so, in addition to wearing a padded compression sock thing, my podiatrist recommended I hold off on my morning walks. I just started walking again yesterday morning which also coincided with temps cooling down lol.

I hope everyone is well and we all have losses to report next week!

Terri

Jan I hear your frustration.  I’m glad I’ve kept records of my weight loss journey.  I wt is VERY VARIABLE.   Ups and downs but will trend down.  Don’t focus on losing,  focus on staying the same.  As long as your clothes fit relax.  

Terri great loss.  Stick with your eating plan and relax.  A lb a week might be a bit ambitious.  Same advice as Jan, if your cruise clothes fit relax.  I keep saying relax because I think stress isn’t helping.  

• Like 2

Hi All, I'm up this week😪. We had company -went out to eat, probably had more than I should.  I'm hoping most is from the extra salt and just water weight. But I'm going to refocus and get back on track this week.

I'm hoping that the cooler weather that they are predicting gets here so I can get out more to exercise. 

• Like 1

Hi All

Just found this forum. Ive got 30ish days before cruise and Im on weight watchers. I want to lose 5 more pounds before then. I've had success in the past, then came the pandemic and banana bread etc!! We can do it!! Things that have worked for me : add vegetable/fruit to every meal, increase water, move more and portion control. Of course everyone is different, always consult your Dr!  

• Like 1

On 9/11/2023 at 12:13 PM, Nonna2018 said:

Hi All

Just found this forum. Ive got 30ish days before cruise and Im on weight watchers. I want to lose 5 more pounds before then. I've had success in the past, then came the pandemic and banana bread etc!! We can do it!! Things that have worked for me : add vegetable/fruit to every meal, increase water, move more and portion control. Of course everyone is different, always consult your Dr!  

I'm doing WW as well. We are at 33 days until our cruise! Our trip begins a few days before the cruise though, so my time is running out to drop these last 5 lbs before we leave. We will be gone for 2 weeks and I'm really planning to stick with healthy meal options. I do love salads, veggies, and grilled entrees! 

Terri

19 hours ago, JustUs275 said:

I'm doing WW as well. We are at 33 days until our cruise! Our trip begins a few days before the cruise though, so my time is running out to drop these last 5 lbs before we leave. We will be gone for 2 weeks and I'm really planning to stick with healthy meal options. I do love salads, veggies, and grilled entrees! 

Terri

Its crunch time for us!! Lets do this!

• Like 1