My ta meeting with a whole group of Explora higher ups today

bitob

On 9/13/2023 at 11:00 AM, Whipsnade said:

On the other hand menu for all three meals in Emporium Marketplace varies every day. Go figure. 

And there is nothing ever published to let you know what will be offered at Emporium.

Plus, to get the menu for the other restaurants, the TV just gives you a QR code so you then have to go to your phone/tablet for the info.

19 minutes ago, Critically Cruising said:

And there is nothing ever published to let you know what will be offered at Emporium.

Plus, to get the menu for the other restaurants, the TV just gives you a QR code so you then have to go to your phone/tablet for the info.

You can get all the menus from the My Explora App

Heres an example for Fil Rouge

IMG_4622.thumb.png.311943242d97737f464f0d9a61c76a38.png

IMG_4621.thumb.png.5bbadb5b2ac99fd3ddacee57a63f3b26.png

IMG_4617.thumb.png.9dbe3b2e4ea6284e5c96e0d918427646.png

IMG_4618.thumb.png.91150dfe7befef94631ab948db293985.png

IMG_4619.thumb.png.cb2d6e371c7afffaf9874193879d8d44.png

IMG_4620.thumb.png.adcc8e85fae2f51bcb1e3f4ad7326b9b.png

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Wheelhouse said:

I believe that would make more sense on the general EJ questions thread. Either way, thanks for the link. At least the ships will be liquid hydrogen only for hotel operations in port, not full liquid hydrogen like suggested in some EJ relative social media outlets.

You really don’t need a menu for Fils Rouge as the menu never changes and there are no specials. Fine if you are on board for only one or two seven day cruises but if you are on longer BORING. 
Same goes for Sakura, Med Yacht Club and Marble. 
Marketplace Emporium changes every day. 
And while we are talking food options let’s not forget Gelateria and Creperie where you can also get delicious fresh cut fruit. My yummy stop after swim!!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Whipsnade said:

You really don’t need a menu for Fils Rouge as the menu never changes and there are no specials. Fine if you are on board for only one or two seven day cruises but if you are on longer BORING. 
And while we are talking food options let’s not forget Gelateria and Creperie where you can also get delicious fresh cut fruit. My yummy stop after swim!!

yes but the dishes in the "pots"  are also repeated in Emporium as were the available fish

no local purchases were done in Belgium England or Scotland  

14 hours ago, Whipsnade said:

You really don’t need a menu for Fils Rouge as the menu never changes and there are no specials. …. 

I have a different take on the “non changing” menus

Would you rather they had less offered on the menus and then changed them regularly to replace dishes? The current menus are quite extensive with the range of dishes so I don’t see the issue in terms of simply choosing something different each time you dine from the longer menus. This way you don’t have to get lucky to have a preferred dish on the menu that night - it’s always there 

For us on the current 16 night cruise we haven’t experienced any “burn out” of options in the various restaurants - we’re still trying new dishes each time we visit but have also now honed in on a few repeats that we particularly enjoy. Dinner last night in Sakura was superb and amongst our group we are still discovering new dishes there 

We’ve only dined at Emporium once in the evening and between the seafood raw bar and grill and a delicious seafood stew that was enough to satisfy me 

Someone asked if seperate caviar was available (even as a chargeable item) - we haven’t seen that option but there are many caviar dishes with generous caviar servings included 

While I don’t eat it I know my foie gras loving friends are super happy with its regular appearance in Emporium 

Dining is so subjective - some will like a dish while others will hate it - that’s the reality across all lines so I’d suggest trying these things for oneself - I haven’t heard of anyone starving on board Explora as they’re unable to find suitable food options

• Like 5

Vistaman is correct. As I recall in promotional material they promised local sourcing. Of course many lines promise that and rarely deliver. I do recall being on board Regent many years ago while Captain Dag was captain. He stopped our ship in the middle of the Indian Ocean, sent the chef on our chase boat  to a nearby fishing vessel. We all had the FRESHEST fish for dinner. 
in any case Emporium does offer the most diverse selection with many changes. 

• Like 3