Going ashore after embarkation check-in??

Mountainduo

This may seem a silly question, but after years of dozens of HAL cruises (5-star Mariners) we have a need to do something we've never done before.

We embark on a cruise in Amsterdam Saturday' our embarkation time is 11:30.  After we go through the check-in process, and go to our mister station to be scanned, can we easily go ashore for two hours, returning well before the  all-aboard time of 4:30?  Is it the usual process leaving and returning to the ship like any port day of the cruise?

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Mountainduo said:

This may seem a silly question, but after years of dozens of HAL cruises (5-star Mariners) we have a need to do something we've never done before.

We embark on a cruise in Amsterdam Saturday' our embarkation time is 11:30.  After we go through the check-in process, and go to our mister station to be scanned, can we easily go ashore for two hours, returning well before the  all-aboard time of 4:30?  Is it the usual process leaving and returning to the ship like any port day of the cruise?

Thanks!

Yes you can leave the ship and go ashore.  You had best check your all on board time though.  It seems to me it is earlier than the usual 1/2 hour before sailing.  It’s been a while since I have done it so I can’t swear to the time to be back.

6 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Are you in Amsterdam, or Rotterdam? Check where you are docking...the location might be more of an industrial dock, if I understand the situation correctly.

Yes, you can go ashore after checking in.

It is Amsterdam....at the center city Cruise Port Amsterdam, very close to where we want to be.

Thanks to all of you who responded.  The responses are a definite reassurance.  We will certainly doublecheck all aboard time as we leave.

Only difficulty that I see is that the muster station person (with scanner) may not be in position until 2pm or after.  We have had a couple of cruises in Europe where the muster station was not 'personned' until early afternoon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

Only difficulty that I see is that the muster station person (with scanner) may not be in position until 2pm or after.  We have had a couple of cruises in Europe where the muster station was not 'personned' until early afternoon.

That was the case for us in Amsterdam in May. We were given a time frame to check in at the muster station.