Snorkeling Excursion Recommendations

Cariblove

12 minutes ago, Cariblove said:

Any recommendations for a reputable tour operator that takes you to Planacar, Colombia Reef & El Celio?  I'm not looking to charter a boat so nothing private.  

Thank you in advance!   

You can probably just take a taxi to Palancar and arrange an excursion from there.

https://playapalancar.com.mx/language/en/services-ingles/

On 9/9/2023 at 5:25 PM, Cariblove said:

Any recommendations for a reputable tour operator that takes you to Planacar, Colombia Reef & El Celio?  I'm not looking to charter a boat so nothing private.  

Thank you in advance!   

mystic snorkel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/21/2023 at 10:44 AM, mitsugirly said:

We used Cozumel Excursions . net when we went and had a GREAT day and loved this tour. I have my review HERE with TONS of pictures if you are interested. 

I looked at the link and tried to find a date. Were you there recently?  thanks

9 minutes ago, RW_MI said:

I looked at the link and tried to find a date. Were you there recently?  thanks

We went in 2019 on this particular tour. They are still doing the exact same tour located HERE

Just got back from Mystic Snorkel from my 3rd time.  This was the most we have had in the boat (8).  You do have to wear lifejackets when you leave harbor but can get rid of once we hit 1st snorkeling spot.  As always, snorkeling is amazing.  We went to Columbia, Palancar,El Cielo, and then another reef.  A guide goes with you and you are free to dive down and look at everything.  We saw others being herded like sheep in the snorkeling vests.  The guide has a ring if you need to rest.  

A lot of companies go to these reefs.  If you like a smaller more personal outing, this is a great one.  I've shared a few pictures of our day.

P1020015_edit_1704233363153.JPG

P1020032_edit_1704232761003.JPG

Screenshot_20240103_091238.jpg

Screenshot_20240103_091225.jpg

P1020055_edit_1704231578709.JPG

• Like 2

On 1/11/2024 at 3:34 AM, jean87510 said:

Just got back from Mystic Snorkel from my 3rd time.  This was the most we have had in the boat (8).  You do have to wear lifejackets when you leave harbor but can get rid of once we hit 1st snorkeling spot.  As always, snorkeling is amazing.  We went to Columbia, Palancar,El Cielo, and then another reef.  A guide goes with you and you are free to dive down and look at everything.  We saw others being herded like sheep in the snorkeling vests.  The guide has a ring if you need to rest.  

A lot of companies go to these reefs.  If you like a smaller more personal outing, this is a great one.  I've shared a few pictures of our day.

P1020015_edit_1704233363153.JPG

P1020032_edit_1704232761003.JPG

Screenshot_20240103_091238.jpg

Screenshot_20240103_091225.jpg

P1020055_edit_1704231578709.JPG

great photos, where did you see the turtle? 

@jean87510 just wondering how far ahead you booked with Mystic Snorkel? I checked their website but it looks like you have to email to enquire about availability. Hoping to book with them for the end of the month

1 hour ago, mackfam said:

@jean87510 just wondering how far ahead you booked with Mystic Snorkel? I checked their website but it looks like you have to email to enquire about availability. Hoping to book with them for the end of the month

We did it I believe a couple of months out.  I would just email them to check.  They are pretty good with responding.