Celebrity Rotterdam Cruise Pier/Taxi Service

Sascol

We are currently on the Apex and will be docking later this week in Rotterdam. Celebrity has not provided ample transfer service to the airport in Amsterdam. We’ll need to get a taxi upon disembarkation. Is it an easy process to just grab a taxi at the pier or is this something we need to book in advance? Other suggestions outside of just grabbing a taxi (a specific taxi service or other transportation suggestions) welcomed as well. Thanks in advance. 

9 hours ago, Sascol said:

We are currently on the Apex and will be docking later this week in Rotterdam. Celebrity has not provided ample transfer service to the airport in Amsterdam. We’ll need to get a taxi upon disembarkation. Is it an easy process to just grab a taxi at the pier or is this something we need to book in advance? Other suggestions outside of just grabbing a taxi (a specific taxi service or other transportation suggestions) welcomed as well. Thanks in advance. 

We disembarked the Apex at Rotterdam in June.  We took a taxi to Rotterdam Centraal.  You can catch a train to AMS.  

Edited by yogini06
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, yogini06 said:

We disembarked the Apex at Rotterdam in June.  We took a taxi to Rotterdam Centraal.  You can catch a train to AMS.  

we took the metro as the tram was not running yet on a Sunday.  When boarding the train in Rotterdam and exiting, be aware there are steps and have to lift luggage up two steps onto Train.  We are in 70's and did manage as my husband lifted our 25 inch cases.  If you have an issue with that,  you may want to make other arrangements.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We took the Subway -   about a block closer to the terminal than the Tram -  I think it is 1 to 2 stops away.    One thing we found out was if you don't have a ticket you can just tap any chip card and it will charge your fare. 

From Central Station -  Trains run to every 10 minutes to Schiphol and Amsterdam.  The trains arrive right into the terminal and was very easy.

Distance from the Cruise Terminal to the Tram or Subway is probably 2-3 blocks on well paved smooth sidewalks.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 11:23 PM, jwlane said:

I'm curious what that means?

We were advised on day 2 that transfers were not available to sign up for yet. Went back a few days later and the only times available were those that were too late in the morning to make the flight that we arranged through celebrity. Being that they changed the end port well after we booked our flights (we were originally supposed to dock in Amsterdam) I believe they should have been better able to accommodate those with earlier flights…especially those that were booked through celebrity air.  

On 9/10/2023 at 7:20 AM, terrydtx said:

We board the Apex Thursday and we are using  private transportation to the ship, I would try that when you get off the ship. We are using Welcome Pickups.

Welcome - Making travel easy, friendly, personal (welcomepickups.com)

Are you coming to the ship from Rotterdam or Amsterdam. We are trying to find a private transportation company to go from Rotterdam to Amsterdam after our cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2023 at 1:34 PM, gfkcruiser said:

we took the metro as the tram was not running yet on a Sunday.  When boarding the train in Rotterdam and exiting, be aware there are steps and have to lift luggage up two steps onto Train.  We are in 70's and did manage as my husband lifted our 25 inch cases.  If you have an issue with that,  you may want to make other arrangements.  

We will dock in Rotterdam next May and hope to take the train to Brugges.  While on the train, how do you handle your luggage?  Do you keep it beside you?  Store it on the train?  We are also in our 70's and I'm just a little overwhelmed with train transfers, luggage, schedule, etc.  After staying in Brugges for a few days, we will take the train to Amsterdam.  Thx for your help.  

21 minutes ago, peachquilter said:

We will dock in Rotterdam next May and hope to take the train to Brugges.  While on the train, how do you handle your luggage?  Do you keep it beside you?  Store it on the train?  We are also in our 70's and I'm just a little overwhelmed with train transfers, luggage, schedule, etc.  After staying in Brugges for a few days, we will take the train to Amsterdam.  Thx for your help.  

There are no storage racks on the trains so you need to keep your luggage with you.We took a four face to face seater and put our luggage on the other side;however we had to move the luggage when the train was crowded so it basically had to sit right at our feet. 

22 hours ago, kwokpot said:

There are no storage racks on the trains so you need to keep your luggage with you.We took a four face to face seater and put our luggage on the other side;however we had to move the luggage when the train was crowded so it basically had to sit right at our feet. 

Thank you.

On 9/23/2023 at 12:02 AM, kwokpot said:

Is it likely the train will be that crowded at approx 9:00 am on a Sunday?  We can manage the amount of luggage I anticipate having but storing it on a train may be frustrating.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2023 at 6:20 PM, Tryingtocruise said:

Is it likely the train will be that crowded at approx 9:00 am on a Sunday?  We can manage the amount of luggage I anticipate having but storing it on a train may be frustrating.

Thanks.

Normally not. Closer to the date you could check that at www.ns.nl  choose your language, the towns of departure and arrival, railway stations and time of departure (or the time you wish to arrive!).  Whether they expect train(s) to be crowded or not is indicated.   (In NL all stations have to be equipped with an elevator/elevators. )