What is everybody's favorite carnival alcoholic drink?

bguppies

DW and I will be cruising with the drink package for the first time in December.

We are not big drinkers, but enjoy a few every cruise. (I usually drink a few Miami Vice and she gets BBC's)

I doubt we will ever get close to the 15 drink limit any day, but we figured we could get out of our comfort zones and try some different drinks this trip.

Intrested to hear about everybody's favorite or go to drinks on Carnival.

24 minutes ago, bguppies said:

DW and I will be cruising with the drink package for the first time in December.

We are not big drinkers, but enjoy a few every cruise. (I usually drink a few Miami Vice and she gets BBC's)

I doubt we will ever get close to the 15 drink limit any day, but we figured we could get out of our comfort zones and try some different drinks this trip.

Scotch

26 minutes ago, bguppies said:

Also curious about what other drinks are covered under the drink package?

(any favorite coffee drinks, milkshakes, etc.)

Be sure to grab some bottled waters any time you order a drink so you have them to take with you on any excursions.  Otherwise they will charge you for water when they have then as you exit, even if you have the drink package.

• Like 1

I'm not a big drinker, but like a Mudslide with chocolate syrup drizzled inside the glass.  The bartender on Miracle last month told me that Carnival Mudslides are never served that way and that I was getting it confused with a 'Frozen Mocha Chocolate Getaway'20230910_072638.thumb.jpg.352d063ce19e246196a759511740f754.jpg

That drink wasn't bad, but it isn't really what I wanted. 

It had been a while since I had one, but I remember Mudslides always having the chocolate syrup drizzled inside the glass. 

Another vote for Cucumber Sunrise. It’s just sweet enough, but not too sweet. Light and refreshing. And it’s a pretty light pink color lol. Also really enjoyed the 40 Is The New 20 from Alchemy. It was a little sweeter, but also nicely tart and a bit stronger too to balance the sweetness. I’ll be on Celebration in 2 weeks and I’m excited to try some of the signature cocktails at the new venues! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bguppies said:

Hi @bguppies🙂

🍹🍸🍷🍾🥂🍺🍹🍸🍷🍾

🍷🍾🍸🍹🍺🥂🍾🍷🍸🍹🍺

• Like 1

This is my DH's favorite, no longer on Alchemy's menu.

• Caribbean Manhattan Cocktail Recipe from the Alchemy Bar on Carnival Cruises 5 min · 217 cals · 1 servs
    Read full directions
    Caribbean Manhattan Cocktail Recipe from the Alchemy Bar on Carnival Cruises! Find more recipes at ParkRangerJohn.com
    • RECIPE
    • NUTRITIONAL INFO
    Ingredients
    • 2 dashes
      Angostura Bitter
    • 2 ounces
      Maker's Mark Bourbon Whiskey
    • 1 ounce
      Sweet Vermouth
    • ½ ounce
      Monin Spiced Brown Sugar Syrup
    Directions
    1. Mix ingredients over ice, stir and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with cocktail cherry

4 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Hi 

🍷🍾🍸🍹🍺🥂🍾🍷🍸🍹🍺

Thanks for the links.

I knew I had read multiple threads over the years, but when I tried doing multiple searches in the search function in this forum, I got totally crap results back.

Thanks so much.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bguppies said:

Thanks for the links. I knew I had read multiple threads over the years, but when I tried doing multiple searches in the search function in this forum, I got totally crap results back.

Thanks so much.

Hi @bguppies🙂

I agree, the search feature here is not the greatest.

I used Google & typed in:

Cruise Critic: Carnival: Favorite Drink

🍹

Just off Celebration yesterday so I tried all new drinks. I learned previous cruises that the frozen type drinks are too sweet and filling so I now avoid those.

The Celebration had 3 new to me unique bars so my favorites might not be available at other bars.

My favorites were the June Bug, Key Lime Pie, Grasshopper, and every night before bed had to have a Tiramisu martini. Husband mostly drank smoked Manhattans.

IMG_20230903_224610892_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230903_121647778_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230903_231159316_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230904_230335105.jpg

IMG_20230904_130810800.jpg

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Just off Celebration yesterday so I tried all new drinks. I learned previous cruises that the frozen type drinks are too sweet and filling so I now avoid those.

The Celebration had 3 new to me unique bars so my favorites might not be available at other bars.

My favorites were the June Bug, Key Lime Pie, Grasshopper, and every night before bed had to have a Tiramisu martini. Husband mostly drank smoked Manhattans.

IMG_20230903_224610892_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230903_121647778_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230903_231159316_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230904_230335105.jpg

IMG_20230904_130810800.jpg

Thanks for the great pictures.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PayneAS said:

I went to the prof. cruise site and went to the bar menu section then made a list of everything I want to try for my next cruise. 😆 I have 43 drinks on that list LOL. 

Be sure to let us know how that works out for you - if you can remember, lol!!

• Haha 1