Crazy question abou the Showers on board? Brand?

Mr. Baloo

Just back from an ocean cruise on Viking.  It was great!  I was going to take a picture of the shower fixture, cause I thought it was awesome!..  But,  managed to forget to do so.

Would anyone possibly know, or remember the brand name?

I would love to have that when we redo our bathroom.

Thanks

Baloo

6 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

I doubt it’s an off the shelf fixture. Probably custom designed and made for their fleet.

And, you'd likely be wrong.  While it is unlikely to be a brand that a consumer could find and purchase, it is almost assuredly a standard marine or commercial brand and item.

5 hours ago, Mr. Baloo said:

That was it!  Thanks!!

Sorta off topic, but 20 years ago when we were renovating our house in Key West we looked into buying Hansgrohe fixtures for our bathrooms after loving them onboard a couple of different cruiselines. Their shower fixtures looked the same as those on Viking.  They were available in the US but we learned from our plumber that the European standard domestic plumbing supply pipe size was the metric version of 3/4" whereas our pipes were 1/2".  Since the big thing we liked about Hansgrohe was how much water flowed out of them and we didn't need or want to completely replace all the pipes, we elected to go with a more affordable faucet. 

I would have sworn that Hansgrohe was used on Viking ships but noticed last month on Saturn that they were the Bossini. Here is a link to Hansgrohe in case you find your can't get Bossini 

https://www.hansgrohe-usa.com

2 hours ago, Travel is Life said:

We just did the Empires of the Mediterranean in July on the Viking Sea. The fixture pictured above is not the same as what we had in our PV1 stateroom. I am almost positive that was Hansgrohe. Variations from ship to ship perhaps?

Phew! Good to know I wasn't losing my mind.  I'm wondering if they changed manufacturers for the newer ships.  I was pretty sure they weee Hansgrohe on Sky. 

On 9/14/2023 at 7:31 PM, The Other Tom said:

Fixtures are one thing; water pressure is another.  Even if you have the same fixture that's on the ship, you might not have the same results.

I mean, even if your water pressure is on the low end at 30-40 psi, a half inch pipe can still move a lot of water.

Another consideration with this thread is that some states cap the gpm flow rate on shower heads sold in state for water conversation reasons.

Edited by Mike07

• 2 months later...