Hideaway Beach at Perfect Day

1 hour ago, MommaBear55 said:

I'm definitely old, I think of an adult area as quiet, won't be that way with a non stop DJ! Looking forward to the reports on actually how loud it's going to be. 

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I was ready to book until I read "DJ"

Nope

I love a good DJ but I prefer the music at the Beach Club. It's chill music and it's not too loud. This sounds loud.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, bob63005 said:

The limited space that "may" sell out interested me. Will book this and the beach club and cancel one after some reviews are posted.

I think that's more of their sales MO to get people to think they better purchase quickly or lose the chance. It will be just like the Thrill Park in which they pack in as many people as they possibility can, regardless of the seating capacity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newcruiser215 said:

True indeed. I'm not looking forward to the DJ either, but I'll give a shot. If we like it, great. We don't, we know not to do it again. 

I’m not looking forward to a DJ either but it’ll probably be like it is on the ship and they’ll only play for like a half an hour in the early afternoon and then another set in the late afternoon 🙏🏻🤞🏼

Sounds a lot like VV's Bimini Beach Club..which was great and did have areas that were quiet.  We booked for our March Icon cruise for $71 each..eek....can always cancel, but I bet the prices will only go up and would probably regret not going.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Someone posted a price of 43.99. For 43.99 I'd try it out, so I went to book. 

I'm a no at this price.

20230914_110209576.jpeg

Interesting how the price varies. I'm on Oasis end of February and early March, and the price was $61.99per person. On Wonder at the end of March, it's $51.98. I would have expected Wonder sailing to be higher than oasis since it seems they charge more on Coco cay for everything on the newer ships. 

• Like 1

Just posted photos above from webinar.

Overall theme I'm hearing is that Hideaway Beach will be very much a "party" atmosphere.  They emphasized the word "party" a LOT.  The DJ will be right there pool side (I forgot to grab a screen shot of that slide).  This is going to be a loud party atmosphere, they made that clear.  They even compared it to a Las Vegas Pool Club experience.

The pool will be heated.

Age is 18+ to get in.

Fees for Hideaway Beach will lower than Coco Beach Club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

Interesting how the price varies. I'm on Oasis end of February and early March, and the price was $61.99per person. On Wonder at the end of March, it's $51.98. I would have expected Wonder sailing to be higher than oasis since it seems they charge more on Coco cay for everything on the newer ships. 

B2B next June:  an hour ago, each week was $39.99. Now it's $70.99

18 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Someone posted a price of 43.99. For 43.99 I'd try it out, so I went to book.

That was me for my March cruise. I thought it was odd at first b/c Wonder-related items are usually expensive but we're the only ship there that day so maybe that's why.

Just checked and same price for June and July (also there alone).

Come join us. 😁

2 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

That was me for my March cruise. I thought it was odd at first b/c Wonder-related items are usually expensive but we're the only ship there that day so maybe that's why.

Just checked and same price for June and July (also there alone).

Come join us. 😁

Mike, you trying this or not for you? 

We're on Vision in April and booked it for $43.99 each.  We figured at that price, we can try it using most of our OBC.  I checked our other cruises and it's over $50 for the ones we have booked into 2025.

Edited by BND

12 minutes ago, Ships and Dip said:

Just posted photos above from webinar.

Overall theme I'm hearing is that Hideaway Beach will be very much a "party" atmosphere.  They emphasized the word "party" a LOT.  The DJ will be right there pool side (I forgot to grab a screen shot of that slide).  This is going to be a loud party atmosphere, they made that clear.  They even compared it to a Las Vegas Pool Club experience.

The pool will be heated.

Age is 18+ to get in.

Fees for Hideaway Beach will lower than Coco Beach Club.

It can't be any louder or party atmosphere than the Oasis Lagoon and it's free.🤣

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bob63005 said:

The limited space that "may" sell out interested me. Will book this and the beach club and cancel one after some reviews are posted.

This suggests to me that they're going to sell a lot of day passes. I'd be interested in knowing what the capacity will be and whether there will be enough lounge chairs to go around. I've booked this for now, but I really don't want to have to race off the ship to make sure we get lounge chairs and an umbrella.

1 hour ago, Newcruiser215 said:

Royal just dropped a video on their YT channel that has more info. 

Thanks for sharing this. Gotta say... the pizza doesn't look like anything special. At the very least, there should be a couple of special menu items at the Snack Shack since they're charging for admission!

1 minute ago, LisaLisa87 said:

Thanks for sharing this. Gotta say... the pizza doesn't look like anything special. At the very least, there should be a couple of special menu items at the Snack Shack since they're charging for admission!

I think there are a few special items....

image.png.657eb220cac124ae1d490e9a262d8fd1.png

2 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Nah, no appeal for me (besides the fancy pizza). I like our spot by the Oasis pool and kids don't bother us.

I'm sad. I wanted to book when I read 43.99. I guess I waited too long. .. until the email came.

74.99 harmony out of Galveston is too much for fancy pizza I agree. :(

3 minutes ago, LisaLisa87 said:

I agree 100%. If you're selling this as an exclusive experience, there should be some exclusive offerings. 

Edited by Newcruiser215
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, nelblu said:

It can't be any louder or party atmosphere than the Oasis Lagoon

Our go-to spot is close enough to hear the music and walk to the swim-up bar from the back but it's not remotely what I'd consider loud and there's really not much of a party atmosphere unless we swim over to the human soup that forms right by the DJ.

I find the generalization of the entire Oasis pool as a loud party wildly inaccurate.

• Like 1