9-14-23 THURSDAY WEIGH IN.

Izena

Already the middle of the month how time flys.  I haven’t weighed . I’ve been stressed.   Sugar bingeing .   Got a call my son is visiting this weekend bringing his wife who openly dislikes me.  I asked for flight info etc.  I got they arrive in the afternoon. They are renting a car (I have an extra car they could use and are staying in a hotel - no flight info, airport etc only detail she wants to visit my Houston sons ex. —- 

Then Tuesday had stress test which was a cluster F.  The cardiologist changed the order to a nuclear treadmill last minute so I had to wait an hour for isotope to arrive.  Lots of time delays what was to be a 2 hour visit  turned into a 5 hour. I did have a melt down when the tech couldn’t answer my questions.    I had a friend drop me off and then pick me up.  

14 minutes ago, Izena said:

Already the middle of the month how time flys.  I haven’t weighed . I’ve been stressed.   Sugar bingeing .   Got a call my son is visiting this weekend bringing his wife who openly dislikes me.  I asked for flight info etc.  I got they arrive in the afternoon. They are renting a car (I have an extra car they could use and are staying in a hotel - no flight info, airport etc only detail she wants to visit my Houston sons ex. —- 

Then Tuesday had stress test which was a cluster F.  The cardiologist changed the order to a nuclear treadmill last minute so I had to wait an hour for isotope to arrive.  Lots of time delays what was to be a 2 hour visit  turned into a 5 hour. I did have a melt down when the tech couldn’t answer my questions.    I had a friend drop me off and then pick me up.  

Sounds like you are having a rough week.  Not sure if you are in to this kind of thing but Mercury is in retrograde. Mercury is the planet of communication.  During this time, it's more common to have miscommunications and for things not to go as planned. Travel delays, arguments, things breaking.  It will start to go direct again tomorrow.  It takes a couple days for things to get back to normal though.  Not sure how long your son is in town but I would keep my distance for a couple of days if I were you. Good luck to you.  I have a daughter that I have a rough relationship with, I get it.  

My kids. Thanks fo the info.  My ex husbands aunt was an astrologer and very accurate.  Never had her do our charts. But his sibling used her and in  May 1978 she had predicted a tragedy in the family and it would be a female.   That fall my SIL collapsed and died from a brain aneurysm she was 38. — my son and DIL arrive tomorrow and leave on Monday.  Are not staying in my house.  (I don’t respond to my DIL rude remarks she’s just a bully)

glad you visited this site . Join us in attempts to keep a healthy weight

I stayed the same this week...it's better than a gain, I suppose! I've been craving tortilla chips and salsa literally every day haha. I made brownies and rice krispy treats for our camping trip this weekend and thankfully they don't tempt me. The weather should be good for lots of hiking/walking!

I'm sorry you are having a rough time, Izena, and I sincerely hope things get better for you.

Jan - let's hope we have good results next week. My daughter loves kettle corn too!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Terri

I'm Back (yesterday)

Still have to Unpack (Big Mess)

I was lucky to be Most Traveled Guess 2nd or 3rd on the cruises---Got Big Gifts, prizes.

Had to find ways to carry them home. Glad I had a fold up bag and the Princess's.

Old Blue Bag. --So, off the ship with--1 big bag, 1 carry on, 1 reg bag, 1 blue bag

a 12 pack of diet coke (gift) and my purse that was as heavy as a suitcase.

Then today, if it's right, probably not---my scale says I lost 5 lbs. I got on it several times.

and it kept saying the same thing. Will see what it says during the week. Think might be

I haven't drunk enough water but again I didn't overeat on the cruise. Hope it stays off.

Will see.

Izena--- thank you for starting the post each Thursday. I'm so sorry that you're having so

much trouble with your health. Then on top of it 1/2 of the company you don't want to see.

Least not staying with you.

Last week it was nice to see more people coming on and talking and having cruises

coming up. Hope everyone stays with us.

Jan--- How are you doing? Feeling good I hope, know you did eating the kettle corn,

it's so good.😊

JustUs--- Have fun on your camping trip. Those brownies and rice treats would tempt

me, you're lucky they don't.

kids mamma--Thank you for trying to help Izena

I hope everyone comes back from last week and that everyone has a good weekend.

• Like 1

Hello everyone. Enjoying your weekend? Hope so.

I'm still on cruise mode--haven't done much and have so much to do.

I forgot to say yesterday, my new floors are so nice. Came home and

said --do I have the wrong house?😊

• Like 1

Hello on this Sunday Afternoon.

I knew I shouldn't of weighed when I came home. The 5 lb loss didn't stay.

Was from being dehydrated. Gained a few back. See what happens Thursday.

Should be a few pounds down or at least stay the same for the 40 days.

Where's everyone? So many talking last weigh-in. Come back.

Trying to get my house dust free. Impossible! Them putting floors in and

other work plus me being gone 40 days. EVERYTHING is so DUSTY!

Getting down on my hands and knees to dust hidden spots isn't as easy

as it was before. Why? Couldn't be the birthdays I keep having each year?😁

Hope to see more people talking soon. How did your eating go this weekend?

Since almost end of summer do you eat more or less? Dreading the fall and winter?

• Like 2

Welcome back, Belle!

I definitely ate my share of camp food this weekend, but did make effort to be mindful while fixing my plate. I'm back on track today so hopefully by Thursday there won't be a gain! End of summer also means end of fresh tomato season, which is my go-to daily lunch along with some cottage cheese or chicken breast. So I will have to find a substitute for the fresh tomatoes...my friend kept me in good supply all summer! I enjoy fall weather, winter not so much. LOL But since I don't work daily/full time anymore, it's not as big of a deal. I'd like to figure out an indoor place to continue walking though.

Haha I agree with getting down on the floor and then back up again does get more difficult! I like my little robot vacuum 😁

Have a great week!

Terri

JustUs glad you had a good time camping and back on track now.

Yes, fresh tomatoes are the best.

Jan glad you didn't have a gain.

Last 2 days I've been grazing too much. Why do I do that at times. It's a NO NO.

Tuesday will do better. Cooking some chicken.

Take care all.

Belle, I haven't had the best of weeks food wise as we celebrated my birthday with all the kids on Monday and for dessert we had carrot cake (love carrot cake!).  I'm now trying to be good until Thursday!

Izena - Been thinking about you and hope you are doing ok.  Jan

On 9/14/2023 at 11:26 AM, Izena said:

My kids. Thanks fo the info.  My ex husbands aunt was an astrologer and very accurate.  Never had her do our charts. But his sibling used her and in  May 1978 she had predicted a tragedy in the family and it would be a female.   That fall my SIL collapsed and died from a brain aneurysm she was 38. — my son and DIL arrive tomorrow and leave on Monday.  Are not staying in my house.  (I don’t respond to my DIL rude remarks she’s just a bully)

glad you visited this site . Join us in attempts to keep a healthy weight

Wow! That is amazing. I look at these posts from time to time.  I lost 40 pounds in 2017 and have kept off 35 of them.  I don't ever want to go back.  I even became a health coach to help others.  That really helped me stay on track.   I always feel hesitant to mention my health coaching here because I don't want anyone to think I am trying to sell them something. 

• Like 1

I’m back from my cruise to Alaska and subsequent business trip on Vancouver Island. Caught the ship sniffles on my cruise which was mildly miserable and I didn’t have the energy to go on hikes or dance the night away both of which I love. So I thought I had put on weight and was surprised when after 2 weeks I stepped on the scale to find out I still managed to loose 2.4lb.

Came home early from work today after spending hours dealing with my insurance company. Canadian so I only have insurance for prescriptions and a few other things and they won’t cover any of my prescriptions so far. I know I shouldn’t take it personally but it’s a hit to my mental health. However I haven’t binged from the stress which is amazing for me.

Slightly off topic

During the cruise I got to meet a couple who live on the ship (they sold their house and everything that didn’t fit in the suitcase) and work from their stateroom. It got me thinking about different options for my life. Down the road maybe I could buy a cottage and live there for 3 seasons and then cruise for 4 months a year. I could split my manufacturing work for the 8 months in Canada and my virtual teaching and book writing for the 4 months at sea. One worry was can I cruise for months without gaining weight and it seems like I could so that may not be a concern.

• Like 1