New Regent sailor making birthday dinner reservations

the_dylaness

Hello all,

Dining reservations for our Grandeur cruise will open soon.

As I understand it, we can book one of each specialty restaurant (Prime 7, Chartreuse, and Pacific Rim) in advance. Is this accurate?

Our cruise is fairly port intensive but I happen to have a birthday on one of the sea days. Looking at the menus, I think that Chartreuse is most likely the restaurant I'd like to celebrate in, but wondering if there are other "sea day" things (special chef's tables, etc) I should take into account instead?

Best suggestions for ways to spend a birthday on a sea day on Regent welcome!

We have spent last four of last six anniversaries in Prime 7; just booked the next one last night.  Don't worry about what may or may not be on menu in Compass Rose; book your birthday dinner and make sure the Maitre'D knows it is your birthday.

Edited by mrlevin
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, the_dylaness said:

….. but wondering if there are other "sea day" things (special chef's tables, etc) I should take into account instead?

Fun activity to do on the Explorer style ships are cooking classes in the Culinary Arts Kitchen.  These can be booked through My Account and the current cost is $89 pp.  Since you are planning a special dinner in Chartreuse you may want to book the morning class.  

• Like 1

The main problem that I have with booking the restaurants is guessing when other events will be taking place.  I have had to either leave some event to go to the restaurant early or missed the beginning of a show by scheduling the restaurant too late.  The early events include the Capitan's Welcome, the block party, the Seven Seas Society gatherings, and Crew Capers, all of these should be mostly over by seven forty-five.  The late events are mainly the shows which normally begin at nine-thirty.  The group you dine with will impact the amount of time needed for the meal.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

Thank you for that info- we are a party of two. Maybe 8pm would be ideal if we want to make other events?

I have found that the service in the specialty restaurants can be leisurely. I try to book no later than 7:30 so that I can get to the theater early enough to get for my favorite seats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GMIAC said:

Are specialty restaurants bookable in advance on embarkation day? Or do we need to stop at the restaurant when we arrive that day?

Log onto your rssc.com account. At the bottom of the booking info for your cruise there is a to-do list. In that list is the day you can make your dining reservations, one per restaurant per cruise, at 8pm Eastern time.

It's possible to get extra reservations (or change what you have) while on board by talking to dining services.

Since you are on a 7-day cruise, I recommend you try for those reservations as soon as the window opens.  If you can't get a private table at the day/time you want, try for a shared table. Those are often more available.

3 minutes ago, RELS said:

Log onto your rssc.com account. At the bottom of the booking info for your cruise there is a to-do list. In that list is the day you can make your dining reservations, one per restaurant per cruise, at 8pm Eastern time.

It's possible to get extra reservations (or change what you have) while on board by talking to dining services.

Since you are on a 7-day cruise, I recommend you try for those reservations as soon as the window opens.  If you can't get a private table at the day/time you want, try for a shared table. Those are often more available.

Thanks, I did see the tab where I'll be able to reserve. My window hasn't opened yet, and I wanted to know if embarkation day tables are bookable once my window opens, of if I need to book those on arrival day.

2 minutes ago, GMIAC said:

Thanks, I did see the tab where I'll be able to reserve. My window hasn't opened yet, and I wanted to know if embarkation day tables are bookable once my window opens, of if I need to book those on arrival day.

Sorry, misunderstood. Short answer is yes.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, GMIAC said:

Yes you can book embarkation day on line

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2023 at 11:56 AM, the_dylaness said:

Hello all,

Dining reservations for our Grandeur cruise will open soon.

As I understand it, we can book one of each specialty restaurant (Prime 7, Chartreuse, and Pacific Rim) in advance. Is this accurate?

Our cruise is fairly port intensive but I happen to have a birthday on one of the sea days. Looking at the menus, I think that Chartreuse is most likely the restaurant I'd like to celebrate in, but wondering if there are other "sea day" things (special chef's tables, etc) I should take into account instead?

I have found that the events are on the overnights in port when the have a spectacular pool deck buffet.  The first sea day they usually have beef Wellington and lobster Thermidor in compass rose.  

• Like 1

People who are in Concierge suites or higher and are Regent Society Silver (21+ nights) get a priority in booking specialty restaurants, they get to book earlier.  Honestly if you are not in these categories you may have to take what you can get.  In both cases log on and reserve your tables at the earliest dates.

One of our favorite restaurants is Sette Mari (Italian) during evenings at the La Veranda location.  Sette Mari is full waiter service and menu with an extra buffet, some people think its just a buffet.  Sette Mari is first come first served.  Once full they will turn you away.  We always get to Sette Mari when it opens at 6:30 to be guarantied of getting a table, the second seating is around 8.

As mentioned, in any restaurant if you give them a heads its someone's birthday they will try an make your evening special.

Restaurant menus are posted on the TVs in the afternoon to help you make your decision.

Enjoy your trip.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, the_dylaness said:

We booked concierge specifically for this reason... since we have never sailed Regent I understood we had NO status so wanted to make sure we had an opportunity to book the things we were interested in. Sette Mari sounds lovely!

Smart move.  The extra internet is nice also.

have fun

• Thanks 1