Reflection; the porch

serene56

1 minute ago, serene56 said:

I am aware this is a special dining but I don’t see it anywhere in my booking to reserve.    Is this a dining place for special cabins or people with many cruises

Never see it busy, very easy to walk in at any point, never seen it as a buy before in cruise planner

As others have said it is usually quiet. 

We have only ever dined there for lunch. On sea days when the buffet is busy it is a nice place to chill out and dine casually feeling you are at sea…We found it had the ambiance of a Mediterranean cafe…

The menu isn’t massive and the paella really wasn’t nice so browse on line. We have enjoyed the seafood tower but that is at an extra cost.

If you are looking at booking other restaurants too I would try in the ‘negotiations for a deal’ seeing if you can get a ‘free’ lunch in the Porch included…

Really nice place for lunch. Don't fill up on the delicious cheese bread while looking over the menu. It is best to make a reservation rather than just show up because they allocate staffing resources based on reservations and even if not busy they may not be able to accommodate walk ins.

We went for dinner last week on the Reflection.  The menu was okay, but we really went for the seafood tower.  We remember it from the early days on the S class ships and I remember it as an actual tower.  It is now a flat serving dish on an "elevated" servicing platform.  Two of this, four of that.  The charge is $30 for dinner and $15 extra for the "tower".  The odd thing was we could not get a straight answer to whether it was 15 per person or just 15.  We expected it to be $30, but it turned out to be15, less our elite+ discount but added sales tax.  The whole thing was really disappointing.  The cost was $14 and change.  

BTW, we went to Sushi on 5 (which was great) and they also charged sales tax.  Our dinner at Murano was booked in advance and did not have sales tax.  

Jeff

5 years ago we visited The Porch while on the Reflection.  We enjoyed a meal at The Porch while watching Greek islands pass by. We enjoyed the Seafood Tower (cold lobster, mussels, shrimp, scallops, and seafood salad) as an appetizer followed by lobster bisque and a lobster roll. The mussels are the tastiest I've ever had and everything else was also quite good. Most passengers never find The Porch which is hidden on Deck 15 next door to The Lawn Grill Club. Seek it out if you like seafood. 

Most of the restaurants are located on Deck 5. Lawn Club Grill and The Porch are on Deck 15. While the food in the Main Dining Room was quite good, we ate at the Lawn Club Grill and The Porch as a change of pace. The cover charges run $15 to $50, but discounts of 10% to 50% can be found most nights at one or more of the venues --- depending upon the current bookings. You'll find representatives from the restaurants each morning outside of the Oceanview Cafe on deck 14 at breakfast and sometimes at lunch. Ask them about any available discounts.