NCL Website

Smitheroo

Anyone having trouble with the website?  I seem to get a different price every single time I make a fake booking.  Then it remembers and wont let me start over. I get the button "keep this" and when I click on it I go nowhere.  Half the time only 2 of my Cruise First certificates show. I do log out and log in, no difference.  Even when I am logged out it remembers and I get the "keep this" if its a cruise i've looked at.   I also noticed that the Promo changed this am and says 70% off 2nd passenger but when you try to book it still has 35% off all cruises.  Makes you wonder if these people know what they are doing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Smitheroo said:

Anyone having trouble with the website?  I seem to get a different price every single time I make a fake booking.  Then it remembers and wont let me start over. I get the button "keep this" and when I click on it I go nowhere.  Half the time only 2 of my Cruise First certificates show. I do log out and log in, no difference.  Even when I am logged out it remembers and I get the "keep this" if its a cruise i've looked at.   I also noticed that the Promo changed this am and says 70% off 2nd passenger but when you try to book it still has 35% off all cruises.  Makes you wonder if these people know what they are doing.

Have you cleared your cache?

6 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

Have you cleared your cache?

This works for me 100% of the time. As an old computer guy, it amazes me what people don't understand about how things work today. It's kind of scary.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, zqvol said:

70% off second passenger is the same as 35% off

The yellow banner across the website has "70% off 2nd passenger".   Even though clearing my cache did help (I dont know why I can never remember to do that, I accept cookies right and left) this inconsistency is still assinine.   One time they call it 70% off, the next time 35%

9 hours ago, IAcruising said:

This works for me 100% of the time. As an old computer guy, it amazes me what people don't understand about how things work today. It's kind of scary.

I know, but for some reason I cant remember to do it. In fact, it should be done regularly.  And in this case, it didnt solve all problems with the website but some of them.  

yes, clear the cache.

but any erroneous banner on the homepage/landing page advertising old promo positioning is all on NCL. remember, we’re dealing with a website that still has outdated terminology such as “mini suite” (for “club balcony”). and the NCL website also routinely advertises $250 cruise first certificates, even after they’ve switched over to $150.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2023 at 3:39 PM, eileeshb said:

Always use an incognito tab on the browser when pricing things so it doesn’t keep the history. Then only login when you actually want to buy/book something. 

I always forget to do that also!

The website is a mess. I've been trying for several days to compare some mediterranean cruises for next spring and I keep getting "uh oh, looks like our site needed to take a vacation" whenever I try to get more information on a possible trip. Frustrating!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TACoor said:

The website is a mess. I've been trying for several days to compare some mediterranean cruises for next spring and I keep getting "uh oh, looks like our site needed to take a vacation" whenever I try to get more information on a possible trip. Frustrating!

I had that problem a few weeks ago and it was suggested to me to clear cache and cookies. And it worked!!

Something is definitely going on with their website.  It doesn't give you the option for a departure port on my front page and today a bunch of options in my planner are no longer there.  There are no entertainment options and only 1 dining option for my cruise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yakcruiser said:

I had that problem a few weeks ago and it was suggested to me to clear cache and cookies. And it worked!!

Thanks. I tried that and the problem persists. Guess I'll wait a day and see if their site is still "on vacation."

On 9/15/2023 at 3:40 PM, Smitheroo said:

Clear your cache, delete cookies.

3 minutes ago, luckybecky said:

I can't log in at all. Keep getting the page took a vacation message. 🤔

Same, and the app is borked for me right now as well. I can get into the app and view my next cruise, but all of the restaurants are gone, no entertainment, etc. I'm used to them messing up on the weekends, but my next cruise opens for check-in tomorrow and the cruise after that opens for dinner reservations on Sunday... fingers crossed they've got someone working on it, but it's after 6pm in Miami and the workweek is over, so...

4 hours ago, OrcaGirl said:

Same, and the app is borked for me right now as well. I can get into the app and view my next cruise, but all of the restaurants are gone, no entertainment, etc. I'm used to them messing up on the weekends, but my next cruise opens for check-in tomorrow and the cruise after that opens for dinner reservations on Sunday... fingers crossed they've got someone working on it, but it's after 6pm in Miami and the workweek is over, so...

I thought it was just me.   I have been having problems all day.  Deleted and reloaded the app a couple times and that didn't help either.  Hopefully IT will get it fixed soon.

yes, the website is still funky.  Especially with the constant "Uh Oh" pages.  And I haven't cleared my cache since I know that doing so will cause more issues than fixes.  And these problems are not caching issues.  

On Microsoft Edge my username and password are deemed incorrect yet on Chrome everything is fine. On Edge I can't go in and see cost of booking a stateroom online but can on Chrome. Since we check in for a cruise on Monday, I guess I'll have to use Chrome. I have cleared cache and cookies to no avail. NCL's website makes me crazy.

it's working better for me now.  My biggest problem was seeing cruise details.  I would get basically their version of page not found.  I can see details now.  I also now have the normal filter options on the main page for cruise searches