Oceania says my final payment is due 150 days before cruise

MarkWiltonM

I booked a 12-night 2025 cruise on Allura departing 11/16/2025. Oceania's website says my final payment is due 06/19/2025. That's 150 days before the cruise. Elsewhere on the website, it says final payment is 90 days before the cruise, which is how it has always been. Is this just a mistake, or did something change?  

55 minutes ago, MarkWiltonM said:

I booked a 12-night 2025 cruise on Allura departing 11/16/2025. Oceania's website says my final payment is due 06/19/2025. That's 150 days before the cruise. Elsewhere on the website, it says final payment is 90 days before the cruise, which is how it has always been. Is this just a mistake, or did something change?  

There was some change. Anyway, I assume you will have to go with what is your invoice FP date and the terms and conditions but not with something that you can read on the website.

1 hour ago, MarkWiltonM said:

What does your personal contract say! Everything else doesn’t matter. 

I book a cruise, via my TA, and get a contract back nearly a week before the deposit is due. That contract, which I endorsed by making the deposit, spells out further payments. Period. End of discussion.. 

What does your contract say? 

Ambiguous statements on Oceania’s website have nothing to do with the contract YOU agreed to when making deposit on that contract. Is that had to understand?

Edited by pinotlover
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/22/2023 at 7:13 PM, Jancruz said:

USD & CAD
DEPOSIT & PAYMENT PROGRAM
NEWBOOKINGS –SEPTEMBER 1, 2023
Final Payment Due 150 Days prior to Voyage
For all cruises (all lengths) excluding Around the World Cruises
CANCELLATION PENALTIES
PH and below                                      OS, VS, OC
181+              $150pp Admin Fee    $150pp Admin Fee
180 -151        $500pp                       Admin Fee 10% of fare
150-121         25% Cruise Fare       25% of fare
120-91           50% Cruise Fare        50% of fare
90-61             75% Cruise Fare        75% of fare
60-0               100% Cruise Fare      100% of fare

Jancruz1

Here you go guys, Jan posted this info last month. 

• Thanks 3

Perhaps it is about trying to stay afloat, literally and figuratively. 👍🙏🛳️  Viking has always required payments quickly and the other lines are pushing the envelope but nowhere near V. Bummer but I guess we will survive with FP changes. 
Mauibabes

I suppose you are correct mauibabes, but it is one more consideration when making decisions. I played that V game for several years, so Oceania is 1/2 way there now. Time will tell how the rest choose to respond, both from a customer and from a competitor standpoint. 

Edited by Vineyard View

It's interesting. They lowered the deposit for shorter cruises from $750 pp to $500 pp at the same time that they made the final payment due 60 days earlier than before. So a little less money up front and then the large payment is due earlier. No biggie. I also know under the new terms/conditions that if I decide not to go on this cruise anytime after booking until 181 days before the cruise I'll lose $150 pp of the deposit. I'm not sure if that $150 pp fee would also apply if I change the reservation; for example, if I want to choose another stateroom in the same category or upgrade or downgrade to another category. Does anyone know about changes like this?   

1 hour ago, MarkWiltonM said:

I'm not sure if that $150 pp fee would also apply if I change the reservation; for example, if I want to choose another stateroom in the same category or upgrade or downgrade to another category. Does anyone know about changes like this?   

JMO  but I think  that would not trigger the   $150  penalty

If you moved to a different  sailing  then probably

But just guessing

I would confirm   it with Oceania  before  making  any changes

• Like 1

My TA said for her clients who have recently changed cruises on O, she hasn't seen the $150 penalty applied (although according to the terms it should be and she cannot promise that it won't be if we ever switch a sailing).  I don't know if this is just because it's a new policy and O is letting people get used to it before enforcing it or if they will always be lenient when it comes to moving to a different sailing.

1 hour ago, janelledocb said:

My TA said for her clients who have recently changed cruises on O, she hasn't seen the $150 penalty applied (although according to the terms it should be and she cannot promise that it won't be if we ever switch a sailing).  I don't know if this is just because it's a new policy and O is letting people get used to it before enforcing it or if they will always be lenient when it comes to moving to a different sailing.

Well it seems this policy has only been in effect for a couple of weeks now. If you booked in the last two weeks you're probably not thinking of cancelling or moving to another cruise yet. Unless I've got it wrong. 

• Like 3

On 9/15/2023 at 11:16 PM, mauibabes said:

Perhaps it is about trying to stay afloat, literally and figuratively. 👍🙏🛳️  Viking has always required payments quickly and the other lines are pushing the envelope but nowhere near V. Bummer but I guess we will survive with FP changes. 
Mauibabes

Or perhaps it is a way of discouraging the looky-loos who book multiple cruises on different lines, waiting for the price to come down to a level that they deem acceptable, and then cancelling multiple cruises. It is like the people that literally book multiple cruises when HAL runs their $1 deposit sale and people go crazy booking some of the most exotic and expensive itineraries when they may not actually have any serious intention of going.

It is a way of encouraging the serious cruisers.

Edited by RD64
Additional
  • Like 2