Definition Of "Suite"

kerota

I did not know my cabin was a suite until after the cruise when I saw I received a suite bonus in the line's loyalty program. I missed the opportunity to stick my nose in the air and announce that I was returning to my suite of room.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

Not sure if you are joking, but the inside area is almost 7k sq ft., with the remainder being the private outdoor space of approx 3k sq ft..  There are three very distinct, separate bedrooms, and 3.5 bathrooms.  Formal dining area, separate LR area, grand piano (player, I think?), and the huge outdoor private area includes a large hot tub and more seating and outside dining area as well.

We were on one of those ships once with our grands and met the couple (just 2 of 'em!) staying in one, and they gave us a tour.  (Back then, the decor was... garish.)

For a large family, amazing, and at that point, the per-person isn't so stratospheric.  Some larger groups/families combine both (each ship has two of these, mostly mirror-images).

And for some reason, they seem to have limited the headcount to 7 instead of 8.  No idea if they are flexible with that, but one could get an inside for not much else.  Guests are welcome (but not into the special private "Haven" facilities).

GC

These Garden Suites also have a small stream running through the garden and a private steam room in the garden. There is also an outdoor dining area with a teak table that seats 12. There are 2 master bedrooms with walk in closets and 2 regular bedrooms. All the big TVs are B&O. If you pick up the remote control, the television rotates to follow you around the suite. There is also a beautiful telescope in the living room. The roof of the suite is a private sun deck.

The master bathrooms have giant plexiglas domes that close over your body. The shower has 16 programmable heads to wash you.

I was on the Star when it was new and stayed in this suite a few times. There was also a private elevator to the suite.

On 9/16/2023 at 2:48 PM, kerota said:

To me, a suite is when the bedroom is a separate room from the rest of the cabin. I've seen instances when they call a cabin a suite simply because there's a sofa and small table next to the bed. 

I have been telling people for years that I was never in a suite on a ship.

Recently I was going through a crate of collectibles in my house and I found a piece of stationery from an HAL cruise in 2010 stating that I was in a suite .However,it was just a cabin with a sofa and a table next to the bed.