Never embarked in Miami before, which of these hotels would you recommend please?

aquafit

Hello,

We're departing Miami next April, and I'm unsure of where is best to stay. We will get a cab from the airport whichever we choose, and spend 2 nights there. My main goal is to go to the shopping mall, somewhere within Miami centre, and then another cab to the port on departure day.

I'm looking at the Tru by Hilton in west Brickell, or the Sheraton 4 points in Coral Gables.

My husband just wants to relax somewhere nice, not too hectic.  Any suggestions for these 2, or similar within my budget of 250 per night would be very welcome. Thanks!

Personally I would not chose either. Tru is a better location, but not exactly the most central for walkability. 

Sheraton is next to a nice up scale outdoor mall, with some nice places to eat, but that is it, everything else you would not be able to walk. 

I would focus my search for in the middle of Brickell like East, Hampton Inn Brickell, JW Marriott Brickell, and a few others. 

If I had to pick between the two, I would go with Tru, knowing you'll might want to Uber to a more central spot instead of walking. But very short drive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aquafit said:

Hello,

We're departing Miami next April, and I'm unsure of where is best to stay. We will get a cab from the airport whichever we choose, and spend 2 nights there. My main goal is to go to the shopping mall, somewhere within Miami centre, and then another cab to the port on departure day.

I'm looking at the Tru by Hilton in west Brickell, or the Sheraton 4 points in Coral Gables.

My husband just wants to relax somewhere nice, not too hectic.  Any suggestions for these 2, or similar within my budget of 250 per night would be very welcome. Thanks!

We love staying in Coral Gables. Lots of options for food/shopping…all walkable and we feel safe exploring the area. Uber/Lyft to the port is about $20. 

Edited by MalleyCat

7 minutes ago, MalleyCat said:

We love staying in Coral Gables. Lots of options for food/shopping…all walkable and we feel safe exploring the area. Uber/Lyft to the port is about $20. 

The hotels by Miracle Mile are more centrally located with tons of shops, places to eat and a very dense/walkable area. 

This one, is more outside the center of Coral Gables. It is right next to Merrick Park, which is a very nice area to eat and shop, but for an afternoon or evening, not two days in my opinion. 

We stayed at the Yotel in downtown Miami. Basic but clean and very reasonable. It was across from the Bayside Marketplace with tons of restaurants, shops and things to do, very close to the terminal too. I would stay there again for sure.

On 9/17/2023 at 9:59 AM, Flymia said:

I would focus my search for in the middle of Brickell like East, Hampton Inn Brickell, JW Marriott Brickell, and a few others.

I agree with this. The Hampton Inn Brickell is probably the nicest Hampton Inn I've ever seen. Also nice and close by is the Hyatt Centric Brickell.

• Like 2

On 9/17/2023 at 9:19 AM, aquafit said:

Hello,

.https://www.ebhotels.com/miami

I stayed here 12/22 and going back 12/23.  Pretty, clean, free airport pickup and free shuttle to cruise port.  If you just want to stay overnight it’s great.  Not so great if you want to walk around there and be at a resort.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ellaleah said:

I stayed here 12/22 and going back 12/23.  Pretty, clean, free airport pickup and free shuttle to cruise port.  If you just want to stay overnight it’s great.  Not so great if you want to walk around there and be at a resort.

Thank you.  I think this is where I may stay for my trip.  It looks nice, and I like that it has both airport and cruise port transportation.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2023 at 11:27 PM, Debberly said:

Thank you.  I think this is where I may stay for my trip.  It looks nice, and I like that it has both airport and cruise port transportation.  

I stayed at the EB hotel in Miami last year. There was not a shuttle to the cruise port. Hotel itself was wonderful.

On 10/7/2023 at 2:58 PM, Marie51 said:

I stayed at the EB hotel in Miami last year. There was not a shuttle to the cruise port. Hotel itself was wonderful.

On their website they advertise a "stay and cruise" package which includes a cruise shuttle. Presumably this is more expensive than just staying, though. The link is broken so I guess you have to call them to find out.

Hampton Inn Brickell....this is not your typical Hampton Inn. We have stayed in this Hampton Inn on 4 trips. Last trip we were there 4 nights. Brickell neighborhood is easy to walk with plenty of places to eat. There is also a Publix nearby for something you might have forgotten.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/23/2023 at 9:40 PM, Ellaleah said:

we loved EB Hotel, but I do not recall a free cruise shuttle, unless you are doing a special (more expensive) cruise rate.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy